University of Utah Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Utah

Diego

The University of Utah offers a wide variety of great majors and educational opportunities. Because the student body is very driven, it is easy to have an educated conversation with just about anyone at any time. Surrounded by safe neighborhoods, and inhabited by trustworthy students, staff, and resources, it is difficult to not feel completely safe on campus, even when walking alone at night. The U is a University that cares about its students and offers great classes and places to go for just about anything someone might be interested in.

Chieh Sheng, Jason

University of Utah is a very worthwhile school to attend. It is a research-heavy institution. Additionally, it is one of the prominent institutions in the advancing medical and healthcare field. Throughout your studies, regardless if you are studying science or non-science, you will be encouraged to participate in hypothesis-based research to expand your knowledge and to explore the specific aspects of your field. There is a plethora of research opportunities throughout the enormous campus. The professors we have here at University of Utah are among the best in their fields. Moreover, they are extremely warm and welcoming, encouraging, and helpful to their students in building a strong resume while in school to accomplish their goals. University of Utah is also big on sports. We are in the Pac-12 Conference, and sport clubs are always expanding and improving their competitiveness.

I think that the community is engaged, students are nice, most professors are interested in your success as long as you make the effort to work with them. I think that the campus safety needs to be improved. As a woman I feel unsafe walking around campus at night. I feel that parking should be free after 7pm because I don’t have money to pay for parking every night I go to study. I’m afraid to walk to the trax station a lone but I don’t want to inconvenience police by requesting an escort. I hope the safety can improve in the next few years.

This school has a lot of pride from it's students and alumni. The education helps further it's students future goals and ambitions. Although there is some things it can improve upon, overall this is a great school. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a post-secondary education.

Harry

I love my time at the University of Utah. Sports are huge here! Student generally have a lot of school pride. Students who are done with their gen. eds. generally care about their grades and their future careers. The mountain at the back of the campus is gorgeous. Many people drop out or transfer out during their first or second year, because the U is really easy to get into, but once you're done with your gen. eds, classes get a lot tougher. It is a commuter campus, so I did not have a lot of classmates who I hang out with outside of school. I will have to say that academics in the U are being underrated by most national rankings, because many programs are "up-and-coming" and the school is not located in any big cities. However, Salt Lake City is a small market, so starting a career near campus after graduation is not easy.

Stone

I think that the University of Utah is a pretty good school, the other classmates are nice and it's like any other college. You're here to learn and others are also, of course, there are those who are just here to party and find another party to go to after.

Marah

I love it here, it's a big campus and it has a big group of students, so there is something and some group for everyone. The library is huge and is always being added to and the workers are always trying to progress to make it better for the students. There are discussions available in many classes, and tutors available for free. The recreational facility is big, new, and has everything: a track, a gym,and olympic size swimming pool, a rock climbing wall, racket ball courts, regular courts, and outside recreational activities that are available through the facilities programs. Also, on campus there is always available help if you seek it out.

Aralia

It is a wonderful school where students are valued and appreciated. Like most colleges it has problems with communication between departments but when it comes to safety notifications communication is excellent. There is a diverse atmosphere and many unexpected resources most state schools would not have. Overall a very quality education provider.

Roman

I really like the U and all of the opportunities it gives. The culture and atmosphere is great and everybody is willing to put effort into their experience. Tuition is really expensive, though. There were a lot of hidden fees and stipulations that aren't advertised.

Haley

The University of Utah is a great place for me to be and I feel like I am appreciated as a person when I am on campus. University of Utah is like home away from home and I will always feel welcomed when I am at that school, it is the best place that I can be.

Carlos

I started my semester this past August and I have to say, it's absolutely amazing. There are so many resources for students varying from academic help, to leisure assistance, the U has it all. I have an intrinsic motivation to learn, and I believe that is because the university itself is welcoming and has an amazing atmosphere.

Samuel

The University of Utah offers incredible views of the Salt Lake Valley and is minutes away from beautiful hiking opportunities. This school offers great programs and has plenty of resources. Students are able to take a shuttle for getting around the campus and they also get a transit pass which they are able to use when traveling through Salt Lake City.

Danielle

The University of Utah is a great school to attend. The University of Utah has a great variety of majors and minors to choose from if a student is still uncertain about what career they want to pursue. The University of Utah also has great resources when someone is in a time of need and is very understanding. The classes are rigorous and difficult, but the classes get you to challenge yourself and try new things that you have never tried before. The professors at the University are great and will always want you to succeed​.

Diane

I love the U. I've only been attending for a semester now, but it has been an absolutely incredible experience. I am part of the business scholars freshman team, and with that I have gotten so many incredible opportunities to be involved on campus . I came to school not knowing anyone, and within my first week I had made four new best friends. These people are truly incredible and we have done so much together already. This school provides so much for the students. We have state of the art facilities that are free to access and include a wide variety of options so as to accommodate all of the students. As well as opportunities on campus, there is so much to do when you are off campus as well. I have participated in volunteer activities, company visits and plan to be studying abroad for summer semester of 2019! This school is definitely worthy of a 5 star rating.

Joseph

It's av very good accredited university that is very cheap compared to other universities like it. The food that you can get with your meal swipes is pretty bad honestly and the housing is not that great for what they charge you for. The classes and the academics are great though, especially for medical, and that's really the main reason why I am here. Is for the academics, although I wish they made the food better.

I like it, and it is reasonably priced, I just would like to have more room to do what I want and spend what I want. The view here is gorgeous, and there are many good programs here such as the engineering program, sports, and arts. I probably would not go here if I was out of state though.

Eslliey

The University of Utah is a good school where academics and a social life coincide.

Delaney

The University of Utah is an amazing school. Most of my family have graduated from there and they all had an amazing experience. I love the environment and there's so many helps available for students to help them have a more enjoyable time. I just wish that it offered a nutrition major. But all in all, there are many of opportunities for students to grow and create more opportunities for themselves while attending the University of Utah.

Brooke

The University as a whole is a nice updated school. The class sizes for undergrad is a little larger than I anticipated. I would like for the professors to be more accessible. The fellow student take active interest in what is going on at the school.

Labeeha

I will be starting as a freshman in the fall. I am very excited to be a UTE. The library is one of my favorite places on campus because it has a comfortable and engaging ambiance. I also liked to amount of supplies and resources that were available.

Nicholas

The University of Utah is an amazing place to further education. You'll have the opportunity to explore your major with state of the art facilities, available office hours, tutors, and study groups. The University of Utah is home to the famous Utah Utes athletic department apart of the PAC-12 Athletic Conference, home to one of the best student sections in the country (The MUSS).

tezz

The University of Utah is a fantastic school. The campus is big but, they have maps everywhere. People are always around that can help point out where to go. Academic advisers are always on hand and reply very fast to questions. The university has plenty of activities to do around campus. There are activities you can do outside of the university as a way for the student to get involved with campus life and meet new people.

Catheryn

I think the school is overall is nicely set up and has a great school system. I am a double major in business and arts, personally it's convenient to have the buildings close together so I don't have to carry my art materials to far or be in a rush. The environment is overall really good and open. The professors and advisors are always ready to help and the school spirit seems pretty strong too.

Danielle

It's a big campus with a lot of people. A challenge of it being such a large and spacious campus is that the time it takes to get to each class, if going from building to building, can take up to ten minutes or longer. This is usually no problem, but with scheduling you have to make sure you'll have enough time to get there and maintain your punctuality. Especially during the cold seasons, I don't appreciate it. Some students use bikes to get to classes. Very smart. However, I feel they can get uncontrolled and I fear that I might get hit. I have seen students get hit. But, maybe that's not bad during mid-terms. There are many resources offered for students to take advantage of. However, being aware of these resources as a student is challenging, as you have to do some searching for the information.

Tierra

The University of Utah is a large school that offers something for any type of person. There are so many resources, clubs, activities, and people all there to make sure you are successful and to make sure you graduate with more experience than a degree could ever speak for.

Jolina

University of Utah is diversity, academic, athletic, and professional. It is a great school for students who want to pursue a professional higher education. Research institute is huge and variety. The U of U School of Medicine is the only medical school in the state that is particularly well regarded for its primary care program,

Ashlyn

I love this school! It is the third college university I have attended and I am incredibly impressed. The teachers all have tons of real-life career experience and share lots of stories from the job field to keep you motivated and get inspired. The students are all generally very motivated and there is so much opportunity for networking, internships, future careers, etc.

Clara

My overall opinion of the University of Utah is great! It is an amazing school and has many career pathways to choose from. Outside of the classroom there are many ways to get involved and meet others. It is an amazing opportunity and has much to offer. It is a great school and has great programs.

Meira

It is a great school with a lot of opportunities to explore your passions. The academics are fantastic and the professors are always willing to work with you to help you understand the material you may be unsure about. I have never come across a person on campus that is not willing to help you if you ask! Overall it is a very friendly school that is community oriented with a lot of opportunities.

The University of Utah works hard for its students and provides many ways for students to expand their education. The sports industry is very big here in Utah, and people come from all over the state to watch the games. There is a wide variety of majors with many very strong staff. Public transportation to the university is very easy to access.

Brynley

I love the University of Utah! It was always a goal of mine to attend a large university and the University of Utah made reaching that goal possible. My decision to attend the University of Utah was the best educational decision I have ever made. This is the 4th college I have attended and it has easily been by favorite.

Jonathan

I would say that Utah is not a very prestigious university, however it is a very good option for those looking to remain within in the state and not have to spend a large sum on tuition. The university encourages open dialogue, discussion and critical thinking that are imperative to success in aspect of life.

Kelsey

Overall, I have been very pleased with my experience at the University of Utah. I love living on campus and interacting with other students in my dorm and in my classes. My main complaint about the university is that tuition and housing seem disproportionately expensive to the services I receive. I can barely afford my education, and I have received very limited financial aid.

Maia

I think it's a place that has a generally safe and cultivated environment in which students feel like they can express themselves and their opinions. Where students can become involved in discussions that involve a variety of opinions and open minds to a larger world, both politically, philosophically, and otherwise.

Zach

While some students believe "boring" is synonymous with "Utah," I find the University of Utah's culture to be both academically stimulating and up beat. I enjoy my classes and I feel like they give me a clear path to my ultimate career goal. I always feel like my professors want me to succeed. The environment is competitive, but not in the "dog-eat-dog" kind of way. I feel like my peers push me to do better.

I love the University of Utah. For me it has been more than just my classes (which have been great), but I love how many opportunities there have been to get involved on campus. Plus campus is beautiful and so is Salt Lake City. The most important thing is getting involved on campus, if not it can be kind of hard to meet people because it is a commuter school.

Whitney

I believe that the University of Utah is a very good school, with opportunities for any type of person who chooses to attend. Professors are often friendly and very accessible for any questions you may have. The food and culture are great, and if you don't like what's on campus, there is free public transport to take you anywhere in the city. Overall it is an amazing school filled with amazing opportunities.

Llecenia

I have only visited the campus, but I am planning to attend in the fall of 2017. When I went to visit the campus I saw that everyone knew a lot of people. I am super excited to attend the University of Utah. I want to attend this specific University because it's a great school and they have a really good nursing program.

Mackenzie

I absolutely love this school. There are plenty of learning opportunities and research opportunities. Since this school is a massive medical research school, it is not hard to participate in a research project with a professor or a medical professional. The only thing I don't like is the emphasis on the sports. All the athletes get the newest buildings and the most resources while the academics side slightly suffers because of it.

Braeden

University of Utah represents the desires of all other colleges. Not only does it provide state of the art research facilities, access to a huge University hospital, and massive library, it provides a motivated staff that will do everything to get you a job. Everything, from classes to internships to the real work experience provided will prepare you for a valuable seat in the progressive culture of Salt Lake City or beyond.

Natasha

The campus life is amazing. I love the social aspect of the University of Utah. Sadly some of the professors are not always willing to work with students outside the classroom. Other than that the people are very friendly! My first day on campus 4 girls came up to me and asked me to join them to get coffee. They are so inviting and nice. It's like a giant family. If you want to join any clubs then there are many varieties from d&d to the ping pong club.

Anika

I love the liberal feel and accessibility to a great education in an urban setting! Plenty to do, not much time to get bored! Housing is hard because of the price but the beautiful campus makes it worth it. I love the interconnectedness of the campus and how they focus on bringing together students from a variety of disciplines to make a change in the community.

Seiim

Great environment, feel safe, good food, everybody is nice, clean, faculty/instructors/TA always available, respectful, I had fun attending in this great University. Love the diversity, kindness, no judgements, willingness to get involve and become a better person and have future goal and passion..

Cesar

Feel as if the University Of Utah has alot of things to offer, they have something for everyone there and they crae about their students and to make sure their safety is a top priority so they don't feel afraid to enter a classroom. I grew up with this school being the one I go into, that has been my plan, and this upcoming fall it'll happen, being accepted into the 2018-2019 school year. It is a school of diversity and inclusion, a place where people grown and prosper, a school for everyone and anyone who are ready to be a Ute.

Nicolette

Out of all the universities I got accepted to, I decided to attend the University of Utah. This school offers outstanding academics, helpful advisors, help with volunteering opportunities, and the staff looks for your best interest. There are many clubs to join and tutoring centers as well.

Alexa

The University of Utah is arguably the best college in the state. The campus is large and beautiful, and there are plenty of activities for everyone. Those who enjoy the outdoors are close to hiking and snow sports, and the downtown SLC area has shops and art. The academics are great however the class sizes are averagely very large and some professors are not as accessible as others. The on-campus housing is not great, and the required meal plans are too pricey.

The University of Utah is an overall amazing school. As my first year, I can say that I have been given many opportunities to be more involved with m school and plenty or resources to help me succeed in my courses. I think anyone looking into this school should definitely give it a shot! This school is also great for their inclusiveness and diversity. And with many minorities attending, there are plenty of resources we can look into for financial aid.

Brooklyn

Its an awesome school and I have learned so much. The teachers, classes, and students tend to be on the liberal side. Which I have enjoyed because it has broadened my perspective. Overall the univeristy of Utah will prepare you for whatever future career path you choose to follow. The classes are hard, but that means you learn more and get the solid education you are paying for.

The University of Utah is a wonderful school. The teachers are there to help students when needed and the counsellors want to help students succeed. A problem I have is that the financial administration does not help when the circumstances call for it. They are not willing to help students with finding funds or getting loans when students can not physically pay for tuition.

U of U is an amazing college. It is very comfortable but also very fun! Sports and fraternal life is huge. Academics are also wonderful. My professors have been great and approachable. Students are very engaged and active in the college community. I lived in the dorms the first year and it was nice. I probably only suggest one year of it but it was nice and an excellent way to meet new people. The community is also clean and welcoming. It is everything I hoped it would be.