University of Utah Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Utah

I think the University of Utah is fantastic! The campus is large and historic, with plenty of accessible entryways to each building. The University of Utah offers a great amount of courses and majors to choose from. The campus is very diverse and fun. I like that the University of Utah has implemented new policies to keep the university more safe and including. There are plenty of ways to get to classes, whether it be through the light-rail train, campus shuttles, or electric scooters. The University is very involved in the community and student's lives. They offer a bunch of wonderful opportunities to get involved and have fun. The University wants students to succeed, so they offer advising, financial aid, and several other sources of aid that a student needs in order to progress in their education.

Taryn

I love going to school here! The U is built on a hill so walking anywhere is a huge workout. The professors are very understanding and so nice. Im a big fan of sports and there is always an opportunity to cheer on the Utes! Utah weather is very bipolar so you never know how to dress but the atmosphere is glorious. there are so many activities available for free for everyone to attend and theres always something to go to.

Homer

Pretty good.

This is an incredible school. There is never-ending support in regards to academics, as well as general student well-being. I have never had a teacher I didn't like, who wasn't expert in their field. From my very first day I knew that my academic achievement was a top priority for the school. I have had many resources offered to me, and many opportunities to better my grades and overall experience on campus.

Ladd

The University of Utah is located in a great place and I think it is a very good university. I was a freshman this past year. I think they way the handled the pandemic was good. The online classes worked out very good. I look forward to continuing next fall.

Julian

The college campus is very beautiful and vibrant as well as the community in the area. I found it easy to just walk around and start a conversation with anyone walking around. The forestry around the campus is amazing; it's almost like you could get lost in its beauty.

Kiana

Classes are usually quite large so its hard to ask questions or really connect with you professor or even those around you. Office hours for professors are often at inconvenient times, I end up going to my department advisors instead which are amazing for me and super helpful. Administration doesn't seem to care about you at all, they are horrible at giving directions, will send you in circles (even if you call) and use you to fight with other departments saying they need to handle your problem while the other department will send you back to say the same. They over complicate things and are incredible unhelpful, you're better off asking a random student for any sort of help. To the administration, you're just one in their thousands of students, so they don't really care. As for safety, they seem to have a shooting at least once a year, if not a shooting then some sort of assault or stalking situation that the police don't take seriously and then it goes wrong. Campus police takes an hour to get to you to walk you to your car at night. Plenty of racist posters show up around the school from certain students students overnight that the school has to rush to take down. Parking is a nightmare.

Amy

It's a huge school! which I consider it to be a definite positive thing! there is so much to do, so much to get involved in. it's a safe place to be as well, even if it's located in a huge city. There are professional officers who can assist you to your next location if you feel unsafe which is amazing!

Trent

The University of Utah is, for the most part, a commuter school. There's definitely a campus lifestyle available, but most people choose to live/work around their homes and then commute up to the school. Most of the bus/train lines go up/past campus, so it's decently accessible from most parts of the valley. Most of the professors I had were very accessible and did a great job of working with students. Just like any school, there's a couple of professors who are a little power-hungry and want to watch their students suffer as some "rite of passage" but overall my experience was very positive.

Analina

What they provide: Crazy and crowded football games, useless parties, useless seasonal events, campus life, student housing, privileged illusion, school spirit, a list of useless classes to help you waste tuition What they claim they have but don't provide: Business connections (you don't see them unless there's a career fair coming up, the academic centers know nothing at all), supportive staff and faculty who care about student success, ticket to success(marketing slogans "Imagine U" "Set Yourself Up for Success" "U Proud" etc.) What they don't provide at all: Knowledgable advisors with practical advice, academic support(it takes a long time to find the right TA or business connection on campus), affordable tuition; parking permits; housing; academic programs; and last but not least available parking spaces.

Christian

I love the school. The football team is fun to watch and we always have something going on around the campus if you have nothing to do. They have really good food around the campus as well. I have really enjoyed my time that I have spent here, I have even made some good friends from my classes.

Eric

The University of Utah is a great school. It has any aspect of college life that you could look for. They have on campus housing, off campus housing, and commuting housing. The school has a great athletic program in all sports. The professors are very knowledgeable and willing to help the students progress.

Brianna

Overall the University of Utah has brought me the most opportunities I've ever been presented in my life. Class sizes are a great professor student ratio, and I can honestly say that all of my professors know me by name.There truly is something for everyone when it comes to major, work-study, internships, volunteer opportunities, student groups/clubs, research opportunities, and so much more. I would recommend University of Utah to my friends and family or anyone who asks because they go above and beyond the classroom. Thanks to the University of Utah I am a lifelong learner.

Jacob

Very affordable university in a beautiful city with many extracurricular activists to be done! I transferred to the university of Utah from salt lake community college. The process was smooth and I was happily helped by all the amazing transfer staff at the college. They also helped me work around my out of state summer internship in my first transfer year.

Olivia

I personally love going to school at the University of Utah. There are so many different majors to choose from! I went to school not really knowing what I wanted to study, but because of the amazing classes they offer and helpful advisors I was able to find a field of study that I love! There is a place for ANYONE at the U! If you want to party every night there are people who party every night. If you'd rather sit and chill there are people who would love to do that too! There is a place for everyone here!

Michaela

I think that the University of Utah creates a diverse, inclusive, fun environment for students, and its facilities and accessibility is incredible. However, as a university, they need to work on the safety of students and prioritizing students' safety over other things. As a musical theater major, I always think that more money should be going towards my major than athletic departments, and I still stand by that ideal.

Gabe

The biggest problem with the University of Utah, is they try to force their liberal views down everyone else's throats. At a debate tournament hosted there, the university debate team lined every square inch of the walls with homosexual art and constantly interrupted other peoples study and preparation time to promote themselves.

Mariah

When I first toured this university (after touring many others in California), I immediately fell in love. The students all have a communal thirst for learning, everyone is incredibly friendly and active in the community, the professors are absolutely stellar and show a vested interest in every student's education, and the campus is simply breath taking. I could not be happier with the school I chose, and I am constantly convincing others to attend this underrated school in this brilliant city. At the University of Utah, I feel like I was made to go to college because my experience has been so incredible. I cannot say enough about the pride, beauty, connection, and level of high education that this university possesses. It is great for anyone who craves the big university experience. It cannot be beaten.

Mikayla

I have absolutely loved attending the University of Utah! There is always events going on and ways to get involved in campus life. We are huge in football and the MUSS (mighty Utah student section) is a must! School spirit is everything on campus and it is overall just a great place to be. I have had mostly positive experiences with every professor and had plenty of resources for extra help in the classroom.

Kailee

A great school! Medium campus with small school feel. Great for my major and makes me feel like family. On the highway to academics that connects all the colleges in the state. Great place for outdoors, academics, and building a life. Highly recommend and you do not have to be Mormon to go!

Riley

I really enjoy the University of Utah. I transferred here from BYU, and would highly recommend the University of Utah to any students that are considering a degree in Electrical Engineering. The EE faculty here are absolutely incredible. They will move mountains to make sure that you succeed. While at BYU, I never felt exceptionally excited to be an Electrical Engineer. I was in it for the future career and money making options, not the joy of learning about electronics. Now, at the U, I can say I am excited to be an Electrical Engineer. The college is very organized, responsive, and academically enlightening. The facilities are world class. The extra-curricular activities and scholarships are also good bonuses.

Abbey

The University of Utah is an oddity, for it's founded in a desert valley, and rests upon the Wasatch foothills. It's a football powerhouse, and an artistic safe haven. The University has made a great effort to provide activities and support for all kinds of interests. Whether you enjoy ancient philosophy or are a lacrosse connoisseur, there's a place for you. And while the fun stuff is great, the academics are even better. I was shocked to find out how much the professors genuinely wish for students to succeed, and its partly due to the small class sizes. I'm finishing my freshman year, and not once have I felt drowned out by others. The class selections are also miles beyond other schools I've looked into. There's so many choices for general education that they don't even feel like gen ed's, and major classes are even more specialized and interesting. Overall, The University of Utah is a great school for students who wish to feel like they're still a person. The whole student body is relativity small compared to other universities, and it makes me feel like i'm apart of a community. That I'm here to get an education and be apart of something greater than me.

Kaylie

The University of Utah has a lot of amazing opportunities to offer both in and out of the class room. From everything that I've heard, the University has a great academics program that I can't wait to experience when I start in the fall. They also have a very competitive and engaging sports atmosphere, and even have the option for you to join the MUSS crew to help make games even more fun than they already are. There are so many clubs and ways to get involved that there's really no way for you to feel left out or ever feel bored. The students and faulty are all super welcoming and make you feel like you really belong there, whether your just visiting or planning to spend the next four years of your life here.

Aislin

I absolutely love the school. It has such a welcoming campus and the programs are an incredible experience. I love going to football games because there is so much school pride. The David Eccles School of Business has an amazing building and great teachers.

samantha

I love how diverse the community is and every time I walk on campus I feel very safe and confident in the fact that I can be myself. The dorms are very well planned out and I love how many new things they are building and updating there. There is so much to do on campus and so many opportunities for jobs and volunteer work.

I do love the University of Utah and it has a lot of great opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students. It is a large campus with a lot of people so if you want to get involved in something you have to search it out yourself. I feel like it's as safe as most campuses, I feel perfectly safe during the day time and when it's light outside being a woman, and the residential areas are very well lit when it's dark but I still don't feel comfortable going out at night by myself but I do if I have another person with me.

Ammon

The univercity of Utah is Awesome! I have just funished my freashman year here at the U and I have already been able to meet people and make friend with people all over the world. It is great being able not just to learn but also to explore and fined so many cool and uneqie diferent cultures.