Utah State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Utah State University

Amata

USU is a wonderful friendly and professional teaching staff, a special atmosphere, a high level of training of specialists in all spheres of life. There are regular internships, scientific seminars, masterclasses, many cultural events are held.

Logan

Utah State is an amazing University! There is something for everyone here, it has a great feel to it. The professors are great and available. There is always things going on on campus and if your not having fun than that is completely on you, there are always clubs and activities for everyone to get involved in. Great place to be at! Academics are at a high level.

This is an amazing school with so many opportunities for whatever your major may be. The people I have met are friendly and excited to get involved in activities. The library and buildings are wonderful with natural lighting. The professors I have had really care about their students.

Jeremy

I have completed two Bachelor's degrees at Utah State University. The first one, Landscape Architecture, I would only recommend to those who are VERY good at drawing and design. I wasn't and it wasn't the best experience. The second, Environmental Engineering, is amazing. They are nationally renowned for their Engineering programs. If you have an interest in Math, Chemistry, Physics, etc, I highly recommend Utah State University.

Alyssa

I LOVE Utah State. Everyone says their college is the best, but there really is a different feeling at USU. The students here like learning, we like to have fun, we help each other out, people are friendly, and it's a really good environment. I think it's a perfect balance of high quality learning and fun.

Corynn

I believe universities were built around certain majors. Utah State University is primarily an agriculture and engineering school. As an Animal Science major, I find that I am in my prime walking around campus, enjoying the seasons and weather of Utah. We are the Aggies; we're all farmers and hard workers. Be aware that we are a dry campus, bringing pride to some and court dates to others. We are supportive, we are active, we are happy.

Alyssa

I love USU. The location is amazing-just a short drive from Salt Lake City, so you have access to both the small college town feel and the big city life. There is a large religious community here, but it is non-exclusive, so there is a place here for everyone. Sports are enjoyable and we have talented teams who play at home often, but sports don't overwhelm the academic atmosphere. The recreation available is unbeatable, and all in all, Utah State is an amazing choice for anyone.

My overall opinion of Utah State is a very positive one. Being a Freshmen, who is still very new to the college life and atmosphere, I was welcomed with open arms. There are peer mentors who help us Freshmen students get integrated into college life, never making me feel inferior which brought such a comforting feeling. The overall atmosphere is welcoming, positive, and open-minded to new ideas. Despite the fact that I am very sad I can not have a dog while using on-campus housing, and having no sour cream with my quesadillas at times, I absolutely love it here at Utah State. I do not regret for a single moment having made the decision to attend Utah State University because it is a place I feel welcomed, safe and supported.

Michaela

It's a nice school. Campus is gorgeous and if you're into any outdoors stuff, this is the place to be. We have some really good academic programs, especially in the engineering and genetics departments. One of my favorite things we've done is genetically modify goats to secrete the same protein that is found in spider silk in their milk. This material is used to make super strong bandages or is woven into Kevlar.

Dallen

If you consider yourself an Aggie, you are apart of this tradition of family. The Aggie family means you are never alone, you will always have support. The professors go above and beyond to make sure students are succeeding and are on track to graduate with desired degrees. I grew up a Utes fan, I can gladly say while attending USU, I am an Aggie and I'll die an Aggie.

Christena

I love Utah State University. Its a good school if you like a good balance of outdoor activities, and school work. Its pretty much a pure college town atmosphere. Even the locals get in with all of the games. Their are plenty of parties and other activities available as well. You can pretty much have the most well rounded college experience as you attend classes with great teachers and interact with your fellow co-ed.

Hunter

Utah State is a great school, it has totally taken me out of my shell. I have met new friends and feel like this is my new home. I have done tons of new activities and learned so much about myself. I feel like this is a new place to call home and feel so safe here. The food is awesome and in fact I just signed up to live in my same dorm next year I love it so much.

Kyra

I have only been at Utah State University for one year as of now, but so far I love it. The environment is safe, friendly, and welcoming. The only issue that I have come across so far, is that a lot my classes that I need for my degree are hard to find while registering for some reason, but my advisor has always been able to help me with what ever I need.

Geanno

It is nice for those who do not want a party life but an outdoor one. It is pretty safe as a community, but there is little to do if you are wanting indoor activities. It is also best for those who want cold weather. It is a very small town so getting around is pretty easy, but going to other town/city is another thing.

Carch

A very good university. Has the friendliness of a small community while being as eventful as any place in Utah. The location is amazing, the view of the mountain is wonderful and the hiking, snowboarding/skiing, and mountain biking trails are nearly unlimited. I enjoy being an Aggie!

Utah State University is an amazing university. They focus less on learning from the book and more on hands-on experiences. They are a research school and even fund the research projects of Undergraduate students. The student life is abundant, and there are constantly clubs and events to get involved in. USU really is an absolutely wonderful university, and I would recommend it to anyone searching for the perfect education experience and student life in college.

Mary

USU can be quite the experience. Of course there are times when you want to pull your hair out because you are so stressed about the homework you need to do. But you also realize it is your own fault because EVERY single teacher has office hours where you can sit and talk with them, and most even offer their emails and will get back to you the same day. On top of that there are so many fun traditions. I just became a True Aggie, it was pouring rain and freezing. Yet it is one of my best memories. I would suggest to anyone that is looking at USU don't forget to get involved it will make your experience so much better.

I love USU! The campus is gorgeous, the professors care, there are so many clubs and opportunities to be involved, and there are plenty of opportunities for hands-on learning, research, and internships. The academic and peer advisors in my major are fantastic, kind, and knowledgeable. There are career services, counseling, and super helpful financial aid offices, and plenty of graduate fairs and workshops to help us prepare for continuing our education after graduation if we want. I feel like they really want to see us succeed in every aspect of our lives--I couldn't be happier to be an Aggie!

Tauni

I love this school and they people there! The teachers are extremely helpful and accessible. IT has an amazing atmosphere and an amazing selection for various majors and interests! I absolutely love this school and I would reccomend anyone to come here!

Everett

This is a great school! I attend as a dual enrollment student and I love the atmosphere. People are friendly, the campus is scenic and the professors are helpful. It's not one known for having a ton of resources, but the grounds are nice and it's just a good mid-sized college. I enjoy it because it's not too crowded, but not so small that you can't get the variety you need.

Demetri

Utah State University is amazing and its so much fun, there are so many fun people, the professors do so much to help you learn and make sure that you understand the material. They create extra study opportunities as well as test prep opportunities, they really want to see you succeed as well as learn the material. They are also super friendly and are willing to work with the students if anything comes up. There are plenty of on campus activities that happen weekly and the sports activities are well attended.

Brooke

I absolutely love everything about Utah State University. The campus is warm and inviting, sporting events never disappoint, and from an academic point of view, Utah State is amazing!! If you are trying to decide where to go to college, Utah State has a place for you.

Kevin

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. The campus is beautiful, there are many things to do, the housing is great and people are friendly. Coming from New York, I was worried that I might be too far from home. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that everyone is so friendly and easy to talk to. That would be my favorite thing about this campus, that everyone is so friendly. But did I mention; national parks near by, MOUNTAINS, swimming, biking, hiking, shopping, movies, skiing and snowboarding? If you love the outdoors than USU is for you

Alyssa

I love Utah State. Whenever students walk through the beautiful campus we feel like we're at home. Not only is the atmosphere the perfect place for learning, but the entire student body is dedicated to ensuring the best university experience possible. It is not a coincidence that they say "Welcome to the Aggie family" once you are enrolled.

I love it here. There are definitely some things that could be changed, but overall it's great. One thing I would like is for there to be more publicity for the events that are happening on campus. Right now, if I want to find out what's going on around campus, I have to either take the time to walk through the student center, or I have to find the events calendar online, which often is not updated with upcoming activities. It would be great if they used the USU facebook page to promote the different events, so I am more likely to hear about them, and it is easier to access.

Michaela

The school is wonderful, and so are the people. Everyone is kind and welcoming. You always feel like you have a place to go. The professors are kind and welcoming to all kinds of students. Race, education level, and anything else you can think of doesn't matter to them. They're always willing to help you if you put in the work.

Zane

I really enjoy living here. Most of the teachers are kind and understanding. I enjoy all the extra activities and resources available. I love learning and Utah State University has encouraged me to learn as much as I can. Most students are kind and easy to talk to, you will not be lonely here.

Abigail

It is an amazing school. Everyone is friendly and welcoming, you never feel alone. There are plenty of clubs and organizations to get involved with and that's the best way to meet friends, connect with other people, and grow closer to the university. The class sizes aren't too big and the education is very good. There are many undergraduate research opportunities to take advantage of as well, which can help boost your resume. Everyone who goes to Utah State ends up falling in love with it because it really is home.

Tiffany

I love this university! I am currently getting my MA in English and the academics are top-notch. The teachers are extremely knowledgeable and dedicated to their work and helping students succeed. There is a wide variety of classes offered in this degree and a lot of freedom in choosing your thesis project. I highly recommend USU's English MA program!

Austin

They have good professors, however, their tuition is extremely high. It's hard to get a hold of someone who is helpful when registering for classes and they don't offer many night classes to accommodate students who work during the day like me. If you can find a class that works for your schedule, there are good professors.

Gabrielle

Utah State University is a beautiful university, tucked in a little valley surrounded by awe-inspiring mountains with dozens of trails just asking to be explored. USU is the perfect school, in that the class sizes are perfect and professors enjoy getting to know their students and avidly encourage their students to ask questions. With so much research happening at USU it is very easy to get involved with undergraduate research in every field. Fun fact, did you know that USU was the second school in the nation to offer undergraduate research opportunities, after MIT, this opens up many doors for students who take advantage of this opportunity and can graduate with up to four years of experience in their field working with nationally recognized professors. Outside of class the community is extremely welcoming and friendly, and there is always something going on, be it every sport imaginable, or every type of art imaginable, and outdoor activities to keep your weekends booked for years, as you can see USU has something for everyone. I couldn't imagine going to any other school.

Britney

Love it, Small town, so not much around to shop or any of that. Grew up here though so I am used to it.

Maci

Overall, Utah State University is a great school! The atmosphere is friendly and inviting, students smile to each other as they pass one another. Friends are made easily, and professors are always willing to help their students. The facilities and resources available to the students are fantastic! The academic advisors are great at explaining the next steps one should follow to complete their path.

Savannah

I have been going to this school for almost five months now, it has been amazing so far. There are plenty of events to be apart of and a club for just about everything (we even have a pumpkin spice club). If you don't know what event is happening someone else will. People are open and friendly so all you have to do is ask. It reminds me of a big happy family.

Hailey

In my three years of attendance at Utah State University, it has managed to become a home away from home for me. There is a great educational atmosphere on campus, and an exciting social life offered off campus. I am confident that I am gaining an excellent education that will provide me with a successful future in my desired field, which is one of the most important things about any educational institution. I love that USU strives to create opportunity and equality for all students. USU seems to constantly be searching for ways to improve and become even better, while upholding decade-old traditions that make USU such a charming and lovely place to live while gaining a higher education.

Kaylee

From what I've seen and heard it's the best university out there!

Viktoria

I believe it is a wonderful college. Utah State has great courses and faculty on the academic side of things, and on the social side of things it has a wonderful campus and many different groups to get involved with and activities to enjoy and take part in.

Jenny

I love the campus and the professors. There's a lot of activities that any student could participate in and the diversity of this University is great. You have students from China to students from Dominican Republic. The staff in this university make this university be a safe place for their students. I love it!

Join

It's overcrowded and students feel like animals in a diploma factory. I feel like I was extorted with being charged the student fee each semester for building the new fitness facility, only to find out that the facility wouldn't be opened until the year after I graduated.

Zoe

I've always loved Utah State University. Three members of my family have gone there/are going; My my mom and Dad have graduated and my brother is a current student there. I'm going there this year in the fall. There is a great community of people. I love the down to earth feeling and how everyone is just trying to figure out what they want to do in life.

Sophie

I think that Utah State is a great school! The housing is really affordable, the campus is the perfect size so you don't need a car to get anywhere. Also if you do need to go into town there is a free bus system that goes all around the valley. I love the majority of my professors and think that USU is a great campus.

Jaynee

I love Utah State. There's not a day that goes by where I'm not thankful to go there. Everything about USU is very welcoming and they are always holding events to make everybody feel included! The professors here at Utah State are very caring and they will try their best to help make your college experience better than ever.

Jason

To be an Aggie is to live a higher standard or a better way. This means that being an Aggie is more than just representing a university or place. Rather, an aggie represents a higher standard of morals which center around hard work, dedication, faith, and ingenuity. As for me, I am grateful for the opportunity to be an Aggie. While in high school, I applied to several universities and was accepted by many of them. Nevertheless, I chose to come to Utah State University because I saw right from the beginning that Aggies where different. One thing that makes Aggies different is that they do not feel entitled. Aggies are grateful for what they have been given, and they are willing to work for that which they do not yet have. Aggies are those that from a young age have been taught the importance of hard work. Aggies are persistent – they are the type of people that work relentlessly until the job is done. Finally, Aggies are smart. They apply their knowledge, skills, and creativity to develop new products and better processes. Another thing that sets Aggies apart is their obedience. Aggies do not require strict rules in order to do what is right. Rather, they are motived from within. Their faith, confidence, and personal morals lead them to make correct decisions and do unto others as they would have done unto them. Furthermore, they are team players, self-motivated workers, and excellent citizens. In short, Aggies are special people. They are the world’s future leaders. They are people with potential, and they defy the stereotypical millennial. Personally, Utah State University will always hold a special place in my heart because of the wonderful people that make part of it. “Show me a Scotsman who doesn’t love the thistle. Show me an Englishman who doesn’t love the rose. Show me a true-blooded Aggie from Utah who doesn’t love the spot . . . where the sagebrush grows!”

Brienna

Utah State is a great university that is very focused on the students as individuals and helping them succeed. The facilities are nice and always clean, and there are specialized buildings for most majors. Campus food is affordable and delicious, and on-campus housing encourages students to get involved with each other and the university.

London

I absolutely love Utah State, everything about it! There isn't one thing I would change about it. Everyone here is like family, they are all friendly and welcoming. The academic programs are outstanding, and I feel like I have the opportunity to learn as much as I desire. I highly recommend attending Utah State. Go Aggies!

Brandon

It is an incredible school that is very student oriented. It has so many amazing opportunities and everyone there is super accepting. There are all different types of people and kindness is around every corner. The facilities are top notch and the school is affordable. The people there understand that working hard is a necessity, however, they also understand that we all need our personal time and freedom. It is the time to be alive.

Tyler

I think it is a great college, it opens the minds of very closed minded people and forces them to look a little out of the bubble they have lived in their whole life in Utah, the college is very clean and safe in the sense as there is no petty crime around. Though my problem with it is that the events I pay for as a student often are not well advertised and are just me throwing money into an abyss. That being a minor problem, my major problem is with the school pressing down underage drinking as hard as they are seeing that it is a state school and not a LDS backed school the focus should not be so much in destroying underage drinking (as it happens at every college) but making sure everyone is safe above anything else. The ones that do drink, are very less likely to go for help knowing that they would be monstrously punished for doing so, then will go to more futile dangerous lengths to avoid trouble. Oregon state has a safe ride system where they they administer safe rides about campus and do not ask or pursue punishment in administering the rides and I think it is brilliant. The action should be to discourage underage drinking and give punishment when it proves hazardous, but also make sure everyone is safe above all else because it will happen either way but ruling with an iron fist has its problems.

Overall I really love it here at Utah State! I visited four colleges before making the decision to attend Utah State and I was terrified that I would make the wrong decision, but everyone is so friendly up here! Even if you don't know anyone in your classes, it won't be like that for long! The professors are all amazing and will make great resources for your future!

Kaitlin

I absolutely love Utah State University. There is a place for everyone here. Whether you like outdoor sports, art culture or hardcore academics, USU can accommodate. We have a campus with the perfect mix of modern facilities and rich history. It’s truly a great place to be!

Andrew

It's a great school. I love the fact that you get to know people really well on campus. It's big enough to provide an array of opportunities yet small enough to allow us to have a well-knit community. Also, research is very big here, especially in the sciences, which is a bonus for any undergraduates who are looking to gain some experience.