Utah State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Utah State University

Anna

Utah State University always has something going on for every interest. Faculty and staff are dedicated to not only teaching the students but also making sure they have a balance in life. Plus the campus has many resources that are available to students in areas such as mental health, food, relationship/ sexual safety, and more. USU wants more from their students that just educated people, they want them to be proud to be called an Aggie.

Joshua

I have attended Utah State for one full year. Now coming to the end of summer break I realize how excited I am to go back to school. I have loved being a student at Utah state for many reasons. It was super easy to meet lots of people and make great friends. I feel that the education I am gaining will benefit me very well in my future. The amount of activities and student involvent is huge. There is almost always events and sporting games going on for students to attend. It is an overall enjoyable enviorment and pretty area to live. I'm proud to be an Aggie!

Brianna

I have really enjoyed my time at Utah State. I have been attending for almost two years and I haven't found something that I really dislike. I would and have recommended people to attend USU. I am currently working there as well and I have loved what I do and how USU has helped me in finding that.

Anthony

In my pursuit of a degree, I took several classes at Utah State University. I transferred out after two semesters. In my experience, it was the most disorganized college I could ever imagine. I had three different academic advisers in only two semesters! One was only on the job for a few weeks. Out of the other two, one seemed disinterested in assisting me; I always felt like I was interrupting her day. The third guy was rude. My time at Utah State was the only bad college experience that I've ever had. I would not recommend USU to any prospective students.

Trenton

I love the Utah State University main campus. It is smaller than I first expected, and thus is easy to navigate. I love the food options on campus and there is a bit of everything for everyone. There are many different sports and activities to provide a social relief from the academic life. It is a great school that focuses on learning. There is no alcohol allowed on campus, which helps invite a better spirit of learning. The class size is moderate. There are large while compared to small community colleges, but fairly small when compared to larger universities. The average class size is around thirty students; which provides a great atmosphere for learning and connection with the professors. In order to pay for this experience, there are well over 1,000 jobs available to students on campus, and even more off campus. In general I feel that this is one of the best schools to go to for learning.

Kevin

I think it is a great school! I wanted a well-accredited school, with faculty that could really help me learn, while still getting the real college life. Utah State is all of that, and more! There is a saying around Utah State, “it’s a community, not a commute;” when I heard that, I was interested and wanted to enroll even more, and now that I’m here I can say that, it’s so true. Utah State is a great community to learn and make great friends of all kinds. I love it here!

Scott

Utah State University is a great school with excellent resources for learning. Most all of the teachers are eager to help you understand the material and will go out of their way to help you. Located in Logan Utah, it has great access for tons of a quick adventures, with multiple canyons to go to, there is biking, hiking, skiing and climbing to do to relieve a little academic stress. It is an Aggie town.

Lillian

Utah State is such a fun and exciting campus. There is always something to do and see around campus. Between the games and clubs that meet regularly, we can always entertain ourselves. We go camping up at Bear Lake or hike up the wind caves, and during the winter there are so many winter sports to do as well. This campus is definitely a super outdoor campus and there is never a dull moment.

Mariah

I believe it's a good place to be and everyone is very welcoming. The atmosphere is a joy to be involved in and the people are always supportive. People come from all around to attend this college and the culture there is amazing, you learn so much.

Devin

It is a decent size University but you still have a small size city feel. This University tries to cater to it's students and to create a atmosphere of inclusiveness through many clubs, intramural, sports, and academic opportunities. If research is for you they will have research opportunities for you from your undergrad years to your Ph.D. And you get to choose your topics for the most part.

Emma

I am absolutely happy here, the programs, people and resources are developed and accessible. The campus is beautiful and there are lots of fun things to get involved in! 2018 has been the year of the arts and the schools overall respect and reception of art events and promotion has been great! There are so many nice people here, and I love the food! ( especially Luke’s cafe)

Courtney

Although I grew up in the city that the university is located in, going to Utah State University was a different experience. There is such a diversity in the kind of people that you meet, and I love that the university is accepting of pretty much anyone, not matter what. It is a good environment, both socially and academically.

Tyler

Utah State University is a great school. The classes are challenging and make it easy to learn. The dorms are decent and make it fun to come to school and meet some new friends. The food is always great and unlimited. It is a great place to learn and make friends and enjoy the life of a college student.

I really love Utah State. I feel really safe here and love the community and student life that they provide. The school provides many opportunities to get involved and have a great time at the games. The atmosphere is really fun and many students enjoy being involved.

Kaylee

I like it. It fits my needs. Everyone is very accepting. There are dozens of opportunities to get involved, and there is a group or club for basically everything. Professors are almost always available, and if they aren't, there is a TA or a way to find a tutor or study group. You don't have to try to figure out things on your own. Professors are very nice and fun. There are lots of unique classes you can take. Overall, I like it.

Anna

I absolutely love Utah State University. The campus is gorgeous, as it is surrounded by canyons and mountains. The teachers at Utah State truly care about the students and are willing to help how ever they can. When they teach, their knowledge and love for the subject makes me more excited to learn and succeed. All the people, both teachers and students that I have met are very friendly and we share upstanding morals. Utah State has so many opportunities to go out and have fun! There is rock climbing, attending football games, and so much more. Utah State also has many academic opportunities as it is beginning to expand and add more programs, such as a nursing and pre-med. I would, and have highly recommend others to attend Utah State university.

Sage

I love the school and the location. Everyone is so friendly and the academics are great. The professors are easily accessible and always willing to help you learn. There are so many ways to get involved. Everyone belongs at Utah State University. It is widely diverse and so welcoming.

Courtney

I really love it here! The teachers really care and have office hours to help students out. The activities and events that the school puts on are also very exciting and a lot of people get involved; students are especially involved in the sports on campus. There is always something to do on campus which makes no day dull.

JACOB

I think it’s a great school. Personally I love sports, and there is always something going on sports wise that I can participate in. I love the atmosphere as it’s by the mountains and overlooks the cache valley. The campus is beautiful and makes for a great learning environment. I love the teachers and the overall system of how things are done is exceptional.

Lia

The school itself is great, the professors are extremely helpful and always available. Outside of the classroom however, there are few things to do. If you decide to live on campus with the cold weather a car is a necessity and will make the experiance much more enjoyable.

Ridah

I have been accepted in to my dream college and I am very pleased with what the school offers. The people and culture are very nice. Utah State university has great opportunities for students to expand on their knowledge. We are Aggie that thrive not just in Utah but in the world too !

Lily

I am overjoyed to be attending in the fall! Visiting, I feel right at home. Everyone I have called or emailed to ask questions gets back to me right away will good answers or resources to find my answer. It will be a great experience. I do not know a whole lot about the other students but the ones I have met are nice and encouraging!

Kaylynn

I really enjoy attending Utah State University because it is a safe environment, the teachers want to help you do well and are available, and it is a beacutiful campus. I would recommend looking into enrolling in Utah State University in order to further your studies.

Nathan

Utah State University is definitely a great school with plenty of academic and social opportunities; however, it is not without its flaws. Some of the specific colleges and their corresponding departments have much less organization than others, and at times it can be frustrating to deal with the inconsistency that exists between the colleges. For example, the college of business is much more heavily funded than the department of mathematics and statistics. On the flip-side, Utah State is a great university for undergraduate and graduate research. There's an abundance of opportunities in multiple fields to get real-life experience while working with educators and fellow students. The university is definitely more focused on academics than anything else, but that doesn't keep it from having an exceptional student body that regularly participates in campus activities. The area the university is located in is heavily influenced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and this can sometimes feel overbearing, especially if you are not familiar with the religion, but most students are typically able to live their lives normally without too much interference. Overall, Utah State University is a great school, but definitely has some drawbacks that impact its standing compared to other universities.

Becky

I love Utah State University!!! The people are happy, friendly, and very involved in not only their academics, but sports, extracurriculars, and just having fun. The professors care about their students. There are limitless opportunities to get involved in research and real-life experience. The entire university experience here is set up to help students have fun and succeed.

Lincoln

Overall I can simply say that I love love love Utah State. Here I feel at home and feel as if I am part of the Aggie family. Whenever I leave Logan a part of me just yearns to be back, and whenever I come back through the canyon a feeling of peace and relief turns through my body. The social scene is incredible here and the atmosphere of a college town is beyond tangible.

Angel

Utah State is a very welcoming school. With the current Student Body many of the students are involved because of the friendly atmosphere the USU students offer. Academic resources are abundant throughout the whole campus. Many students offer their time to be tutors for Math, English, Science. USU by far is one of the best universities i've been to!

Aubrey

I have love love loved my time at Utah State. It is a great University with many opportunities both academic and social. The city of Logan, as well as fellow students, are friendly and great to be around. The campus life is amazing as well. There are always super fun events going on, and everyone is always welcome. I love being an Aggie!

Rebekah

It is a GREAT place. They truly care about students. There are always fun events to go to, and lots of free food! There is genuine respect between students. Everyone likes to help each other! The class sizes are great, especially once you get into the major. In the big classes there is a lot of support for students including TAs and SIs.

Kylee

I absolutely love Utah State! It has so much to offer its students and is a good environment to learn and grow into adults. The programs are really great and classes are challenging, but good. Overall, Utah State is amazing and I am excited to continue to go and learn.

Coby

I think Utah State University is a very positive place to get a degree. Their education program is fantastic and you feel that the teachers care about your future. I have multiple teachers that know me by name and it really helps knowing your teachers are there to help you continue your education.

Utah State University was not my first choice for college. Due to overwhelming circumstances however, it's where I ended up. It wasn't until I visited the campus for orientation that I realized I was right where I belonged. It felt like home. People are usually relatively friendly in Utah, but coming to Logan is a whole different playing field. I've never felt so accepted so quickly.

Karly

I love it here!!! It's not perfect, but nobody else is. It has its special quirks, but it is an amazing place if you want a fun, safe, small town feel, with GIANT opportunities for growth and networking. I absolutely love the business school and the faculty is amazing! You know that you are cared about and loved. On campus housing is nice, has many perks, but is twice the price of most off-campus. Food is good depending on where you go (Shaw's 66 in Huntsman Hall is my favorite). Overall, an amazing and fun school filled with possibilities and opportunities.

Landon

It is a wonderful school. They focus heavily on creating a culture and environment where learning is encouraged and students are given the tools they need to become productive members of society. Faculty are incredibly personable, and they seem to have a "here to help" attitude toward students.

David

It’s a great university. The people here are friendly and kind. Also the location is beautiful. Logan offers a wide variety of winter and summer recreational activities to participate in. As for academics the classes are well taught. I highly recommend getting the famous Aggie ice cream as it is delicious!!

Ashton

The atmosphere surrounding a university is one of the most vital aspects when attending college. It can help students out of winter slumps, encourage studying habits, and promote social mingling. It affects every aspect of learning and Utah State University has exceeded every expectation. With many socials, clubs for almost every interest, and an atmosphere of everyone being open and willing to help, both students and professors, USU encourages a learning environment as well as maturing into adults while still being happy and doing what we love. I love it here and couldn't imagine myself anywhere else.

Zaida

My opinion, on Utah State University they’re an incredible school filled with endless opportunities. You can could never miss a chance on being part of the Aggie family. They have offer many different things that are just right for your interests.

Terre

As a Geology Major, Logan and Utah State is a perfect location and program. Within city limits and even on campus, if you know where to look, you can find the ancient shoreline of Lake Bonneville from 14,000 years ago. Settled in the northern stretch of the Wasatch Mountains, inside and outside Logan Canyon you have access to many outdoor recreational activities, including Bear Lake. City life is small, compared to Brigham Young University or even the University of Utah being located in big cities respectfully.

Trevor

When it comes down to the education that can be received through USU, I would say it's great. However, I have many issues with how the school is run. Tuition has started rising each year causing it to be even harder to afford school. These increases in tuition seem to result in new buildings that aren't needed. They don't go to increasing the pay of staff and they don't go back into the students except for in these buildings. From everything I have heard and learned about the school as well, it sounds like they aren't using the tuition increases to even pay for the new buildings. They already have the funds for the buildings and the increase in tuition is going to the paychecks of only a few who don't really need it.

Tasche

Utah State University is a wonderful school for all sorts of people. There are plenty of opportunities to impress people here. Plenty of majors and minors, plenty of very educated and excellent professors and definitely a nice herd of fans for our teams. We are pretty proud of our Aggies no matter if we win or not. Utah State University is also situated in a beautiful town that has so many amenities. 5 minutes from the mountains, you can't get any closer to nature at Utah State.

Victoria

It is a comfortable place, and the resources, especially at the library, are always available and are very helpful! The teachers are eager to help in any way they can, and have good lessons every day. The students are very nice and friendly, and almost all of them are quick to make new friends and help them along the way.

I love Utah State with all my heart! The student life is probably the greatest part. There is always an event or game that you can go to with your friends. And getting involved is super easy and available to everyone on campus. Utah State also has some of the best programs in Utah, such as the education program, and the United States, such as the space program.

Stone

An incredible university with a college town feel. The sporting events and campus activities make it a great place! The food on campus is great -- dorms are older but close to campus and accessible to everything. The campus is within an hour of Salt Lake City, ski resorts and great entertainment spots.

Janessa

I really enjoy going to Utah State. The classes are fun and engaging, the campus is beautiful and fairly close, and the ice cream is to die for. Cache Valley has a lot to offer as well. I would highly recommended attending Utah State. At least getting a tour of it. Go Aggies!

Honestly, it is an amazing place to be. It is to lively, so energetic and wonderful. Utah State University is not like other colleges, there is a contagious sincerity for love and education that everyone who is attending or has attended has. It is ultimately a highly recommended university if you are interested in amazing programs, the on-campus life and of course the Blue Mint Aggie Ice Cream! You simply cannot forget that, it's what gives Utah State University its name!

Ryan

I have loved my experience here at Utah State University! The atmosphere that bests describes the community is a college town. There are always college students spending time together doing a variety of things such as, riding long boards, going ice-skating, camping in the canyons, going to Bear Lake, or going out for a good meal. I would highly recommend attending Utah State University to anyone!

K

An amazing school! Attending Utah State University has been an outstanding experience. The professors are not only approachable, but sincere in their desire for their students to be high achieving. The extra curricular events are amazing and of course, it is hard to resist Aggie Ice cream! I highly recommend this university to everyone who asks.

Devon

This school is unlike any other! Sports are crazy, professors are amazing, and best of all the students are so well behaved!

Brynlee

It's amazing and has a beautiful campus.

Dylan

Utah State University is a place that engages you in all that the school has to offer, along with an unlimited amount of opprotunities to participate in all the University has to offer. It's committed to making sure each students gets what they came for, but also has fun.