Youngwood, PA
Westmoreland County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Westmoreland County Community College

Convenience of online classes as I have been employed full-time since high school graduation in 2017. Great starting place; small classroom sizes. WCCC offers a decent number of classes that will likely transfer to a 4 year university. The cost of tuition is affordable.

Kaitlyn

It's a great campus that allows students any number of opportunities to further themselves.

Raigan

Westmoreland County Community College is good at what it is - A transfer or associates degree college. The campus is small but well spaced, and has a nice ambiance. I never felt rushed to make it from one class to another, and there was always available parking where I needed. It doesn't provide a 4 year education, but does prepare students to transfer to a larger school in the future.

Sierra

I personally believe that it’s a great school. I hear a lot of great things about it and I know a lot of people that graduated from there who had nothing but good things to say about the school.

As an overall, Westmoreland County Community College was a great experience. In the general classes there was a lot of intermingling of the different majors and one could see how each person from a different major's thought process was. Though being an art major, I wish there could me more opportunities and more space. Having two studios and one other room for art is very crammed and sometimes hectic. If we could expand the art department, that would be a dream come true. As I'm sure other colleges have this problem, the wifi is not the fastest thing in the world. With students, faculty and guests constantly tapping into the system, it slows down to an irritating level and can be very frustrating for students trying to do projects or homework. But all in all, the professors are kind and helpful as they want you to succeed in life and will do everything they can to help you continue your education. I enjoyed WCCC and it will be forever a part of my life.

Before I started at Westmoreland County Community College, I took a tour of the photography department. I was encouraged when I saw that the campus had labs full of dual Mac desktops, podcasting booths, and three studios. Hopeful and excited, I enrolled very early on in the photography program. However, I did not get to meet any professors on my tour of the college. To my surprise, I discovered that the head of the department was my professor for 3/4ths of my 60+ credit program. Currently, I am in my third semester, and most of the computers in our department have died on us. I have lost entire projects and have jeopardized losing close to 100,000 images on an external hard drive. Overall, the school only provided 1 to 2 camera bodies, which are not that great quality of cameras. Lenses aside from the standard kit lenses are not owned or provided. Most days have turned out to be in class work days, AKA teaching myself Googled techniques. Although I am disappointed in the school I chose, the one positive thing that has come out of going to this college is that I've forced myself to find other ways to gain insight and knowledge. I have learned more outside of the classroom from photographers within my community than I ever thought was possible. I have learned to take every opportunity that comes my way. If there is anything to be grateful for, it is that!

Ashleigh

It is a great school, and a great environment. You have access to everything you might possibly need. The bookstore is ran very nicely too. The staff is helpful, and they will make sure that you have every book you need, without buying something you don't. Also, there is always something g to do either on campus, or in the area. The school really does aim for success am deathly does this best to help everyone out.

Justin

This school and their curriculum are antiquated and a waste of time and money. Nobody there cares to help you. Don't bother calling with questions.

Jordyn
Westmoreland County Community College

Just taking some general ed. classes- it has been a good experience.

Westmoreland County Community College

Just taking some general ed. classes- it has been a good experience.

Riley

Westmoreland County Community College is well-known as a stepping stone to a 4-year college. A good amount of students come for two year degrees for culinary arts, radiology, and sonagram specialists. Also, the graphic design program is extradorinary compared to surrounding schools. I think Westmoreland County Community College would be a great choice for anyone who is not sure what they want to major in.

After making my transition from a small town outside of Pittsburgh to West Virginia Unviersity, it was overwhelming. WVU is a large school with over 30,000 students. The classes hod anywhere from 15-100 people. The out-of-state tutition is also extremly high. If I could talk to my high school self again I would convince myself to go to community college from the beginning. Community college saves thousands of dollars and can lead to a four year school easily. I do not regret attending West Virginia University, it was a great learning experience and made my decision very easy. Even though I've only been out of high school for a few months I know I have changed and matured. My high school self felt I could do whatever I pleased. Ateending and paying for West Virginia University was one of these things. I wish I was able to convince myself to stay at home to attend community college and save myself the money.

The best thing about my school is that the credits can transfer to pretty uch any institution in the area and the advisors help so much. When I transferred in from one semester at West Virginia University the transfer advisor helped me schedule all of my classes so that I would not get behind when I transferred to Point Park University at a later time. All of the professors are wonderful as well.

Westmoreland County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.