Youngwood, PA
Westmoreland County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Westmoreland County Community College

Aaron

The school is excellent, provides a quality education, and is an ideal choice for any student who wants to succeed in life.

I would simply tell students to stay focused on what they're in school for and don't let the other things sidetrack or hinder them getting their education. Parties and fun unrelated to your academics are the most trivial things in college. Instead of cracking open that can of beer or popping open a bottle from your nearest wine & spirits, read some chapters, finish your homework, do what needs to be done to ensure that your time is being well spent instead of wasted. You haven't worked so hard for the past 13 years of your life to get to college and get dismissed. Don't take the great opportunity you have before you for granted. Education is one of the most essential, if not the most essential keys to leading a great successful life. All of the parties and fun will be there for you when you get that degree, but the time money and education, wait for no one.

Westmoreland is just a pit-stop for me. I usually talk about Indiana University of Pennsylvania. This was the first school I attended before I was side tracked. The student body is great and you'll feel very in touch with the faculty. There are a number of great undergraduate programs to choose from, and if you're interested they even have a nationally ranked mens basketball team. Quality social and academic clubs are available to keep you occupied outside of the classroom. You'll feel very welcome and in touch with everyone you meet

Michelle

They are friendly and helpful.

They are friendly and helpful.

I would tell myself to follow my dreams and stay focused. Do not get caught up with people who don't care about you or your future. Don't give up easily. Work hard for what you want and don't let anyone deter you!

Kelsey

If I could go back in time and visit myself as a carefree high school senior, the point I would stress most about is what I want in the college I choose to go to. I've been at Westmoreland County Community College for two years and I absolutely love it! The education I recieved, I believe, is as good as any other college or university at a more affordable cost and the class size is perfect for my preference. However, the fact that I only see my classmates two or three times a week makes it extremely difficult to form life long friendships. If I were to counsel myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to choose a college with the ideals that I want. I may not know what I want to do, but choosing a college with the right specifications is important. The education, teacher-student interaction, and dormitory life is an important aspect of college and I would tell myself to choose the school that best suits my interests with each.

The worse thing about WCCC would be that it's a commuter campus. Fortunately I live close enough to the school that it doesn't cost much in gas, but for other students it's a hassle. Not only is it uneconomical but if you're looking to make life long friends in college, this college isn't ideal. Sure the teachers are great and you're classmates might be nice, but when you only see each other in class two or three times a week, becoming friends and maintaining that friendship is difficult.

If you're looking for a school where you hope to become friends with everyone in your class, this is not the place. When you see each other two or three times a week and only in certain classes, making and maintaining a friendship with someone is especially difficult. At WCCC there are no weekend dorm or apartment parties with your classmates. Essentially, the entire dorm room atmosphere is missing.

I would tell myself to straighen up, the chemistry you should have taken in highschool is now going to cost you eighty dollars, and to pay more attenion in algebra: again thats another eighty dollar class. Quit trying to be a social butterfly, because no one is where "we" are at now, and "we" did it all on our own. So pat yourslef on the back, and keep your head up high, you hit some really rough spots but thats what makes "me" who "we" are today.

The best thing about my college is the mixture of different people. At a community college you have people that went to different schools that you could be considering to transfer too, you can talk to them about the expierence they had. Also, you have poeple that are older than you, you can ask them about the work force, and what they have expierenced.

Tiffany

Preoccupied with technology.

Preoccupied with technology.

My school is inexpensive.

I would definately choose to go to community college again to start out with. I feel you can really find yourself and figure out what you want to do with your life while being in the security of your hometown. I know if I would have left home right out of high school, I probably would have failed. Most of my friends had a difficult time adjusting to college life and I'm glad that I did not have to deal with that. Community college is a great way to save money and a good start to your college life.

Westmoreland County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.