Aurora, CO
Westwood College-Denver South

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Westwood College-Denver South

Accellerated learning, obtaining a degree in less time than traditional colleges.

I would sit down with myself and say the following: "Jessica, I know you just got out of high school and are tired of having to go to school all the time, but when you choose the right school you will absolutely love it. Disregard what you hear and think about Westwood. I am going there now and love it. College can be scary and hard, but Westwood is dedicated to helping you succeed unlike traditional colleges. The 21st Century Program is a waste of time and you end up dropping out anyway then get pregnant. When you go to Westwood, you find that it is not as scary as you think. It is a lot of fun and you can literally feel your mind expanding. In addition, you find the career path that is really meant for you. Do not give up when you think it is too hard. All you have to do is speak with your instructors and they will help you out. You are too intelligent to go on your original path. Be brave, be smart, and go succeed!"

You have to learn so much information in 9 weeks that it can be overwhelming.

Randi

I honestly do not know what Westwood College is best known for. They have various campuses that each offer different curriculum. In my opinion, they should be known for their excellent customer service. Without my team of advisors I would have been lost.

The most important thing that I have gotten out of my college experience is the respect of my children. I am a single mother of two wonderful children. Two years ago my son was having a very difficult time in school and wanted to give up. When I told him how important school was he replied that, "You didn't go to college Mom, why should I care about school?" This inspired me to show my children that no matter how poor, how old, how long it's been since high school, etc. it is never too late to better your life. My son has been so impressed that his mom went back to school and has been on the Dean's list every semester that he now competes with me to see if he can make honor roll each semester that he is in school. Not only have I improved my own life but I have also helped my son to improve his life.

The best thing about Westwood College is their dedication to their students. From the very beginning of the enrollment process you are assigned a team of people to assist you. From your enrollment advisor to your academic advisor everyone is there with you from the beginning until you graduate. It helps to really be able to get to know your team and know that they will be with you every step of the way.

April

Most of the students that I attend college with are much younger than me.

Most of the students that I attend college with are much younger than me.

Our school is unique because the class sizes are very small. The teacher is able to give a ton of personal attention. We are able to go to school at night, days, or online, or any combination of these.

I would tell myself to not give up the opportunity to learn everything I possibly could. Knowledge is power. There are many obstacles that will come in the way of getting your education, but be steadfast and work through the obstacles. The more paper you earn, the more valuable you become. Keep your eyes focused on the end result. Set goals in your mind and write them on paper. Writing your goals out and showing them to your family gives you the motivation to strive harder at reaching your goals and makes them real. Don't set unrealistic goals because you will only set yourself up for a failure. You can always revisit your goals and make changes to them, but it is interesting once you have accomplished a few goals, it seems like you soar to try to finish all your goals. Keep yourself balanced in school, home, and personal time. If you can keep a journal you will succeed.

Christian

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to live the college life to the fullest. That means doing a better job of building relationships with the school and the students around me. It also means getting involved more in what the college life has to offer and remembering that it is the people that make the difference. When I was younger, I held back too much. While holding back, I didn't look around and see what was around me. I did not appreciate the effort the professors put into shaping me into a better person. I did not put enough value in the relationships that make college so great. My simple advice to myself would be to live with no regrets. In my life, my regrets lie more in what I did not do than what I did do. Of course, there have been things that I have done that I have regretted, but the most stinging regrets over the years are in the things that I did not do. I would tell myself not to hold back, spread my wings, and show the world who I am.

What I wish I knew before going to this school is how incredible it can be. I knew that there were resources available to help me on my journey, but I didn't know enough to take advantage of all of them. The instructors work so hard for their students to help in any and every way, yet students, like me don't use them as a resource. The knowledge they have and the experiences they have in life and in the field is something invaluable to someone who is just getting their start.

I think the worst thing about my school is the fact that it is an online school. I can visit the campus and take advantage of the resources there, but it is not the same as a regular classroom environment. I am not able to build the same relationships with the students and teachers as I would if I were able to see them everyday. As convenient as online classes are, I would trade that convenience for those relationships. I would not, however trade being able to provide for my family while taking online courses.

Westwood College-Denver South administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.