Woodridge, IL
Westwood College-Dupage

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Westwood College-Dupage

David

Those that take their educational career seriously are focused and great to collaborate with, but there are many others that would rather spend their time surfing the internet and not showing up for class.

I have thought about this quite a bit as my interest in my field began in highschool, although I could not afford a college that was offering my program. After 15 years out of school and working an assortment of different types of jobs, I learned an emmense amount about the world and saw an opening to go back to what I loved; but it has changed so much as technology grows. I would like to say that I would go back and explain why it would be good for me to find a way to go to college then, as I would be working in the industry now, but the reality is that I would not be who I am and have the same drive and dedication to succeed as I do from the life I have lived. I would tell my self to follow my instincts as I have learned to trust them above all else and if that leads you to choose college, then go and embrace it, but if you walk my path take it one day at a time and focus on who you want to be and the impact you want to make.

The small class sizes because I have time to complete the required tasks of class and then work one on one with the instructor to build my skills on real world projects i can use after graduation. And the dedication of the faculty towards our success, as they work hard to ensure we are meeting our academic needs as well as that our life outside of campus is going well and are always available to talk to about academic and personal matters.

Charonda

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior. The advice I will tell myself would be hard for me to believe that college is not joke. The first advice I would offer myself is that college is expensive, and researching scholarships and grants should be an additional homework assignment to do for my education. My second advice will be to focus on school and give a 100% in all classes because repeating a classes or withdrawing classes makes it really hard to get into certain programs after graduating from college. Learning all you can about financal aid is important, the more you know and understand financial aid the better you will understand how to maximizes your given aid. I will let me know to join a sorority or fraternity the second semester of my freshmen year to make more friend, and have more time to commit to a sorority or fraternity because classes are only general education course and there is more flexible in times for classes. Finally, my last advice for myself will be to become involved on campus and many relationships as possible for future references.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is looking for a career focus college enviorment and not a tradionational where you have to take extra unnecessary courses.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who is looking for a tradiontional colllege enviornment and not career focus enviroment.

Patricia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself while I was in high school I would advice myself not to go to a community college. Not because it is a bad choice because it takes longer for students to graduated. I have been in a community college for almost three because I had to take basic writng and so on. I would also advice myself to study harder to be able to get better grades.

Michelle

The small classes and career focused curriculum is unique to Westwood College - Dupage. The instructors act as if they have a personal stake in your education and motivate each student to succeed. This school offers an accelerated program which enables their students to complete a Bachelor's Degree in 3 years, instead of the 4 year total for traditional schools.

Since I was that high school student that made bad decisions, I am a little older than the average college student. If I could talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to remain focused. It is very easy to be sidetracked by the many influences you will encounter while attending a college. The college student deals with ranging amounts of pressure and must be prepared to properly manage, balance and delegate time to accomplish the school and personal life responsibilities. I would suggest college preparation classes so that the new student will know the initial expectations and be prepared for success.

A person that is not sure of where they want to take their career should not attend this school. The classes are focused and designed to instruct you regarding a specific trade, as well as a general education. This focus creates a need for the student to make sure that the field of study is applicable to their chosen career field they are pursuing.

VIVIANA

My classmates are very motivated and willing to learn.

My classmates are very motivated and willing to learn.

LISTEN TO EVERYTHING THAT YOUR TEACHERS TELL YOU ABOUT COLLEGE AND THAT IN COLLEGE NO ONE IS GOING TO BE THERE TO BABY YOU AND ASK YOU TO TURN IN YOUR HOMEWORK AND THE ONLY MOTIVATION THAT YOU HAVE IS THE ONE THAT YOU GIVE YOURSELF. ALSO GROW UP BEFORE YOU GET TO COLLEGE BECAUSE IN COLLEGE PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO ALLOW ANY OF THAT LITTLE KIDS JOKES OR GAMES. PAY ALL THE ATTENTION AND GET ALL THE INFORMATION THAT YOU CAN FROM PEOPLE WHEN THERE TELLING YOU THINGS.

Theres really nothing bad about the school I was just not giving all the information taht i needed at the begining but now it all is clear and I really dont have much to complain about.

Westwood College-Dupage administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.