Ashland, KY
Ashland Community and Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ashland Community and Technical College

Jonda

It’s a good start for those who haven’t decided on a career and the professors are very helpful. It’s a small hometown feel kind of campus and your classmates are always friendly and helpful. The advisors and admissions office are great for advice and financial help as well.

I absolutely love kctcs! Staff members make you feel safe and at home. If you ever have questions they are always available and work with you to achieve your goals! The facilities are clean and accessible and the classrooms are easy to see and hear a teacher .

Joshua

Ashland Community and Technical College is a well built facility, full of well educated Teachers, Instructors, and Professors (as well as the student support team) that never hesitate to provide students with the knowledge and the experience necessary to move on with their lives and to help them further their education in hopes of starting students of with the career of their dreams.

Jeanette

The cost of tuition is reasonable and with smaller class settings, there is more opportunity for individual help. Questions are answered during or outside class. The professors are available for office visits to answer questions and are always happy to help students. I feel that the staff cares about their students and are more than willing to help students who show a real interest in learning. I believe that the interests of the staff are focused on helping students achieve their goals and that the professors want to teach quality courses to help those students in their future education.

When I first attended college I did so because I received a scholarship that covered my first year of tuition. I did not know how many resources were available to find scholarships or federal aid. I would have told myself that there are many resources available to me and I need to do a lot of research to find those scholarships and speak with the staff at the college to find out more about work study and other ways to cover tuition. I would have also told myself that I am an adult now and no one is judging me. If they are, it doesn't matter because they will not be in my life forever. I don't need to be scared of giving a speech or answering questions in class because we are all there to learn. The only way I am going to learn is to be an adult and ask questions, ask for help from staff or students, and to not be afraid to learn. College is more self-study too, so I do have to take initiative and schedule study time and down time. Overall, I need to relax, ask questions, and prioritize my time.

ACTC is really learner-friendly and I don't believe that anyone should not attent this school. Help is available financially and educationally as far as educational support, financial support, and tutorial support. The staff is more than accommadating to students with learning and physical disabilities. The only kind of people who should not attent are those who are not willing to learn. A passing grade is not just handed to anyone and it does require work to succeed. I believe that the hard work and the support from the staff are greatly rewarded at this institution.

Sara

My classmates are different ages, ethnicities, they come from different places with different cultures, they are both male and female, and they can make you feel comfortable in any situation.

Ashland Community and Technical College was close enough to home that I don't have to commute very far. It was cheaper and easier on my family for me to be able to commute rather than paying for a dorm room, plus extra money for gas to travel home from a college that was farther away.

I would tell myself to strive harder in high school, and to take extra classes instead of trying to take the easy way to get through high school. The transition from high school to college is much harder when you have taken a year and haven't had to apply yourself. I would also tell myself to try to work harder on scholarship applications because they can make all the difference in the world for tution costs.

I would tell myself not to waste so much time on the stupid stuff; don't worry about what everyone thinks and make more friends. Life outside of high school is completely different and problems you're having now are nothing compared to what you could be facing. Enjoy life more for what it is and remember that whatever you decide with you future will be better then doing nothing. Don't take just one semester off because it will never be just one semester. Focus on doing something with your life to make yourself happy not to please everyone else in your life.

I wish I would've had a better idea of what I wanted to do with my future. It would have cut out on wasted time.

The worst thing is many of its courses aren't accredited when you transfer or try for certain jobs. You have to closely inquire about the specifics of the courses.

Ashland Community and Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.