Ashland, OH
Ashland University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ashland University

Thomas

Ashland university has everything that I want in a school. I has a small class rooms where I am not just a number. The education strengths there are amazing. The campus is amazing the people are amazing I can't wait to attend it.

Esther

I think Ashland is a great place. It has a lot of middle ground where people can grow and connect. Although many view Ashland as a conservative school, they are constantly stepping up to the plate while not simply going with the flow. Ashland has a unique balance.

Kelly

I love it here. I've made friends very quickly, which is not something I'm generally very good at. Almost all of my professors know me and are always available and willing to help me when I need it. The class sizes are a little small, I have a class with 5 other students who one day all skipped so I was a class of one which was awkward. But my professors also care enough about me that a class time was moved for me because it conflicted with another class I needed for my majors.

Christopher

Ashland University was the perfect school for me. While most people are afraid to be lost in the crowd at a large college, they also do not want to feel like they are stuck in high school at a small college. Ashland University is the ideal size because there are plenty of people and campus activities to really explore who you are and make many new friends and connections. At the same time, it is small enough that you are able to be an individual and a student, not just another number. The individual attention professors are able to provide through small class sizes and free tutoring provided by the academic help center gives every student the ability to succeed in the academic environment, regardless of the challenges he or she may face in their academic journey. Additionally, the campus has a rural small town charm and appeal, but is no more than an hour drive from the hustle and bustle of the big city. It is an extremely welcoming and nurturing community which takes pride in its university. Ashland University has made a profound impact on who I am as a person and I wouldn't trade my experiences as a student there for anything.

Renee

I am a non traditional student. I work full-time and have a family of 5 at home. As you can assume I have a full to the brim kind of life being in school full-time as well. Why is this important to the rating of my school? My teachers are very aware of it and encourage me. They don't treat me differently. They do their best to help me. I live a hour from the school and just as an example one of the teachers allowed me to take their class online instead of coming to class for a hour each week. Another teacher allowed my son in the classroom and even let him interact in the lesson. It is a wonderful school with amazing mentors!

Liz
AU review

Small university and a great environment to learn and grow

AU review

Small university and a great environment to learn and grow

GREEK LIFE. There are four fraternities and four sororities on campus. I personally never thought I would join a sorority and I didn't go through rush my first semester. But one of my really good friends did, and convinced me to go through informal recruitment and I'm so glad I did. You meet a ridiculous amount of people. Athletics are also pretty popular on campus. Something like 70% of the total students are involved in a varsity sport. We also have club and intramural sports (I play on the women's club fastpitch softball team).

Maria

I would tell myself to allow myself to try new things. Just because it was not normal in high school, there is more out there than what you knew in high school. Take risks and become involved in things that you did not do in high school. Study abroad! Travel and push yourself outside of your comfort zone! It goes by too fast to say that you can do it later!

Because the school is very small, there is not much to do outside of campus. It is placed in a small town, so many leave the city to shop and other things.

Ashland University has a great education program and professors are willing to do almost anything to help you succeed. As an education major, you are in a field experience your freshman and sophomore years, where at other universities, you do not participate in that until junior or senior year. AU is known for their education, business, and nursing programs. They do a great job of preparing their students for the future. As a bonus, Ashland University's dinning hall has been award winning for many years! The food is amazing!

Kelsey

I would tell myself not to worry because everyone is in the same boat as you. I was very worried about what it would be like to live in a dorm, or how it would be making friends. The stress I had over these things was not even worth my time because everyone I met on move in day were in the same boat. Every incoming freshman had to make new friends and live in a dorm, so it was a lot easier than I thought to make friends. Just be yourself too, don't try to fit in with people who don't have your same morals. Be the leader, not the follower.

For me, the worst part of Ashland University would be the fact that students are unable to live off campus. I find this the biggest flaw in my school because I think college is the time in your life when you should figure out how to do important things such as paying the electric and water bills each month, as well as learning to cook. Because Ashland doesn't allow its students to live off campus I feel some students may lack this basic knowledge when they graduate.

A student who wants a small, conservative school would be the best candidate, as most classes have around twenty students. Students who want one on one attention from their professors would also be great candidates. Friendly students help to make Ashland a great school for me, and it is very easy to meet new people everyday. Since Ashland is a small school it is easy to know a lot of students that go there.

Carol

My classmates were dedicated, driven, and hard-working.

My classmates were dedicated, driven, and hard-working.

I think I would tell myself to believe in myself. I would tell myself I had what it takes to make it. Perservere and work hard and you can attain anything you want. Don't let doubt or fear get in the way of your dreams. Work smarter, not harder. Dont let anything or anyone stand in the way of your dreams.

In reflecting on my time at Ashland, I think the most challenging thing for me was time and accessiblity. I was fortunate they had a satelite campus not too far fro where I was living at the time. I would have like to seen their main campus and had the opportunity to take classes there. Likewsie, I had a lot of adjunct professors, this was a challenge because often they did not have office hours or have a lot of face-to-face accessiblity to their students.

Ashland University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.