Ashland, OH
Ashland University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ashland University

Kristin

I would not trade my experience at Ashland University for anything. My time at Ashland has helped shaped me into the professional, intelligent, and career seeking person that I am today. I not only received a great education at Ashland, but I also acquired "real life" experience through internships/ student teaching/ and a number of volunteer opportunities. Throughout my four years I took part in a number of social "campus bonding" events and even though we were a very small school, you could feel the school pride run through our campus. Ashland's moto was "Accent on the Individual" and that is exactly what I felt like each and every day that I was on campus.. I have earned a great education, life long friends, and professional experience from AU. I have taken everything that I gained from AU and I apply it to my professional life each and every day. Without going to AU I would not have gained the extensive amount of knowledge of my field. AU opened my eyes to the many career options available to me and helped me to decide to further my academic career by attending Graduate School to persue my teaching licensure.

The food and the campus itself were the best parts about Ashland. I made a lot of great friends and will continue to keep in contact with a lot of my professors!

I do not brag about anything from my time at Ashland besides the fact that the whole student body had a great bond. The teachers cared about the students and the class sizes were awesome! I loved the food too.. nationally ranked!

Amber

I considered a total of 7 schools - 6 smaller, private universities, and 1 lager, public university. Ashland falls into the first category, and I found it far superior to the other 5 that I looked at for a number of reasons. It really does give a high level of personal attention. Ashland had a very friendly atmosphere. Even as a freshman, I am involved in a lot of different activities, both professional and social. Ashland has the best Recreation Center that I had seen. And, as an added bonus, has some of the best food in the country!

Everyone goes to college seeking a good education; one thinks of professors and exams. While my education is of great importance, it is not the only thing that I have gotten from my college experience. I have also gained new skills, a support system, and truly, a second home. I work as a student caller for the Admissions Office. Through this job, I have gained the skill of comfortably talking on the phone to someone I don't know. Independence is another skill I have gained. I do everything for myself at college - no one is going to do it for me. These are just two of many important skills I have learned that I will use for the rest of my life. In college, I have also gained a support system. In the organizations I am involved in, I know people in each one whom I can count on to help me out. My professors and advisor also provide assistance. I have made new friends, who are always there for me. These people are the reason why I consider college to be my second home. Together, these things are what have made my college experience so very valuable.

Ashland University is the school for you if: -You want a school that's small, but not too small. -You want to be involved starting your freshman year - whether it's in sports, clubs, religious groups, or Greek life. -You want personal attention from your professors. -You want to go to a school with a friendly atmosphere. -You want leadership and professional opportunities, starting your freshman year.

My college experience has been a trying time, but also a time full of learning and expansion. This is the first time I haven't lived without parental supervision, so everything is done according to my morals and goals. I no longer depend on my parents to wake me up in the morning or give me day-to-day advice. This has made me a more independent and focused person. There is no one forcing me to go to class every day; I do everything under my own free will. As my first year is passing along, I am slowly molding myself into the person that I want to be when I graduate college. I am so thankful for the opportunity to attend a wonderful college that makes such an accent on the individual.

After high school, I thought that cliques were over, but what I didn't realize was they are going to be a piece of society for the rest of my life. I expected to come here and meet everyone who had an open mind to new people and experiences. However, I have found that that is often not the case. The school is wonderful, but it is small enough that cliques are still very dominant.

Ashland's athletics and academics are both rigorous programs. Our division II teams are some of the top ranked teams and over 50% of the students attending Ashland participate in some kind of sport. Ashland is also well known for their teaching program, so prospective teachers will receive a top notch education degree that will be highly renowned throughout Ohio.

Lindsey

Ashland University is a place that focuses on the indivdual. Professors work hard to teach their students information that will help them in the future. Ashland Universtiy tries to make each student feel at home by getting students involved more on campus.

My classmates are nice, friendly, and outgoing.

My college experience has been filled excitement and new discoveries. I feel that I have been able to learn things from a variety of different subjects which as an idividual has helped in me discover new and intresting things about myself. By going to college I feel that I have opened myself up to more possibilities for a better career in the future. College allowed me to find an inturnship which allowed me to gain work experience that I would have not been able to experience without it. Attending College is valuable because it allows me to further my knowledge in a subject that I love which opens up endless possibilities in getting a job doing what I love.

Jalessa

Based off of my first semester in college I've gotten a sence of responsibilty, and community. I've learned that you cant blame the world or others for your own mistakes. you have to learn how to take defeat and turn it into a success. As far as community goes, it is true that its not what you know its who you know. Ashland is a community full of networks that can get you where your going. The network will get you through the door but thats where one has to be responsible enough to know that their actions reflect themselves and also reflects those who recommended them. Ashland is valuable to attend because you learn more than just academics. There are life lessons and experiences that will serve as an aid no matter where life takes you.

I wish I would have known that in order to get a triple door room it goes by class status instead of first come first serve. i also wish i knew that when making class schedules for the semesters that it also is done by class status so as a freshman it is a big possibility that you'll get locked out of a class you wanted to take, but there are waiting list so there is the chance that you can still get into the class.

how expensive books are and how the bookstore will only give you like two dollars for a book you spent over 100 or more dollars on. and i think our dorms can be a little bit bigger.

Jake

It is smaller than most colleges and it makes it easier to go around, and compared to other schools I considered, their programs seemed to fit my interests and getting to classes is much easier because every building is no farther than a four-minute walk.

Although I have only been in college for a year, my college experience has been quite valuable. I attend Ashland University and my major is Commercial Art. So far, I believe I have been taught some very useful techniques when it comes to drawing. My artistic abilities from high school have definitely evolved and now I draw much differently. I have learned various methods of drawing, detailing, and how to make my objects more realistic. I am on my way to becoming a better artist, and I am starting to pay much better attention to detail. The career field I want to get into is graphic design, but starting off with the essential art methods and trying to master them is going to serve me very well as a graphic designer. College has also given me the opportunity to meet peers in my field and be able to work successfully as a team with them. College has given me a lot of experience, and I plan to use this experience to the best of my ability in the future.

The best thing about my school is that it is small and it makes it easy to get around. It beats living on a larger campus because some buildings could be even farther away than 10 minutes. Here, everything is close together, making it very easy to get around.

Frances

Our school is best known for accent on the individual. Our college is known for it's education and business programs.

I have received a lot out of my college experience so far. Currently I'm learning that it's great to be involved. I recently jwent through sorority recruitment and joined Alpha Phi. Its here that I have made connections that I hope will last a life time. I also am involved with Adopt-a-Grandparent. This organization has provided me with the notion not to let life slip past you and to not forget those around you. Its been very valuable to attend because I'm receiving a valuable education. I know by attending and pushing myself I will in the end have a career that I love and have always wanted. If i didn't attend I wouldn't experience the experiences I have now. Including the small things like becoming independent and being responsible of myself. College teaches you not only the skills for your major but the little skills you will need later in life.

When I tell my friends about my school I tell them how small and easy it is to navigate. I let them know that the atmosphere is very welcoming.

Wendy

When I enrolled at San Joaquin Valley College, I knew it was going to be a difficult jouney. So far, I've been there a total of 14 weeks and it seems that my choice to further my education was the best decision I've made for myself and my child. I still have 10 months left in my journey, but all I've gained to this point has been an experience I would never change or give up. Leaving my education on hold 10 years ago, by working and helping out my father, I always knew I was capable of so much more than settling for just a job where I knew was taking me nowhere. I knew going back to school and obtaining my Associates of Science in Computer Support Administration, would be more gratifying than sitting behind a desk pushing paper for the rest of my life. I know I have alot to learn still and the learning will not end as long as we use computers, but I can't wait to go out there and show the world what I have gained.

Jerika

Ashland University is campus of great opportunity, that will do its best to get you where you want to be in your career.

I have came to an understanding that if you don't suceed in the goals you have set for yourself then you must not be trying hard enough. Being a student at Ashland University has introduced me to a overwhelming world of networking and compassion. I have learned and still am learning that at Ashland University if any student from any backgroud is determined to complete their goals at hand and is willing to create a solid networking foundation, for them the sky is the limit. A leader is never born, he/she is made and Ashland is teaching me this day by day. The goal for an Ashland University student is to not only graduate in a timely fashion but to be prepared and ready for the day after graduation and days to come after.

A person that is focused on their academic career and that strives to develop life time friendships and networks.

Jamie

Home. Its where my friends are, my sisters, my future.

Home. Its where my friends are, my sisters, my future.

The most valuable thing I have gotten from my college experience is freedom. Freedom to make choices, make mistakes, learn and grow. I commuted for the first two years of college and that got me nothing. I had to leave home. I had to live in a dorm and make life choices on my own. The only way to become who you were meant to be is to leave the nest, go to college, join an organization to develop your resume and leadership skills, make a ton of mistakes, fail a class and learn from it all. The greatest freedom of all is knowledge. Going to college gives you the knowledge to get into the career of your dreams so you can learn more and make more. Had I not attended college I wouldn’t have had the opportunities, internships, and sisters that have already made me a better person, and will continue to help me grow and become me. Going to college got me out of a small rural town where had I not left the most I would ever make of my life would be to get married & have babies. College gave me the chance to be more.

That I had a lot of growing up to do, and that money was going to be very hard to find.

Ashland University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.