Austin, TX
Austin Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Austin Community College District

Don't write off the scholars. Don't skip out on taking the SAT. Don't keep that job at Dairy Queen. Don't move to California with that boy. Don't assume you deserve the abuse he put you through. Don't assume you deserve the abuse you've put yourself through. Don't keep biting the hands that try to feed you. Don't assume there's no hope left. Don't disregard your talents. Don't lose sight of the sunrise through the darkness of the night. When you see that sliver of light peeking over the horizon, run for it. Soak yourself in it. Know that you are not alone. Know that you are only as worthless as you think you are. Know that it will get better. Know that you will need to keep working for it to get better. Know that work will be fulfilling; know that your pursuit of knowledge is nothing to be ashamed of. Know that one day soon, you will be full of so much love that you will dedicate your life and your overactive mind to spreading it. Know that it will be okay. Know your own strength.

I wish I had known that I could customize my own transfer-credit plan instead of following their associates' degree plan; I will not be leaving with an associates', as the requirements for transfer are not the same as requirements for graduation.

Elective choices (in my range of interests) are somewhat limited; sometimes, advisors are not as helpful as they could be, and ensuring the classes you need are at a nearby campus can be difficult.

Dennis

poor working class kids who didn't do well in high school. The stereo type is somewhat accurate, Group projects are incredibly difficult when everyone doesn't have the same passion for education and good grades as you do. I don't settle for Bs and Cs and that seems to be the common mindset here, Get a 2.5 and transfer to TSU

My favorite group is the honors program, and working with Dr. David Lauderback. I was able to get an internship with the wendy davis campaign. Nothing is more popular than the other, pick what you like and dig in. Someone will be there with you!

Plenty of lazy and disrespectful. Too many students that don't understand the purpose of a college education and to much complaining. However, i have been in the honors program where the over achievers go, those students are amazing.

Tough and fair. This is not UT or southwestern, but it is an amazing prep for such a university. I suggest getting into the honors program as quickly as possible and taking charge of your college career.

Alona

I would first tell myself to wait on having children, because it made everything much more difficult while trying to raise a toddler in nursing school. I would take advantage of the vocational and technical training offered in highschool in order to get a job while in college. I would tell my seventeen year old self to not focus on the long term goal and set short-terms in order to remain focus and gain small victories along the way. I would say to look at school tuition rates rather than the party factor or what would be the "cool" place to go. Apply for every scholarship you qualify for, and continue searching out and applying fo them as you go along to cut down on student loans. Only borrow, what you need for your tuition, do not accept the refund. Be very frugal while in school. Seek out your own learning opportunities. Try and find a job within your field of study because it will significantly help you when you graduate and are trying to find a job.

I wish I had known how to better manage my finances while in school so that my credit would have been better after I graduated and wanted to buy a house.

The admission process into the nursing program.

Sophie

I have been at ACC for 3.5 years (2 years of dual-credit, and a year and a half of my post-grad) and it has been nothing but a positive experience. ACC is full of wonderful, loving professors and faculty who for the most part, genuinely want you to succeed. I truly feel like I have received a quality education, and I am well prepared to transfer to a 4-year university to finish my undergraduate. This really is a college that wants to help you achieve your goals.

Phi Theta Kappa and Student Government

Sophia

Austin Community College is a well-structured 2-year university with a variety of classes and very intelligent teachers who challenge and prepare their students for the 4-year universities most plan to transfer to.

I wish that I could have talked to myself even earlier than that so I could have avoided taking the long route to my desired school. However, if I could have talked to myself senior year, I would have said, "Sophie, don't lose sight of what is important and that is your education and your future. Stay confident and you will be just fine. Do not give up, you will be amazing." Then I would have said, "flashcards are about to become your best friend", "the first year at home is going to be rough but once you leave you're going to miss mom", "double check the FIRST EXAM DATE in your planner for second semester psychology ", "stop working at Texadelphia... it isn't going to get better", and "don't you put that dark red shirt in the laundry with everything white that you own". That about sums it up. Senior Sophie seemed to have a nice transition, though. Finally, I would conclude with something sweet like "knock 'em dead babe", or maybe just "you got this". That's really all she needs.

I was very excited when I transferred to Austin Community College from University of Houston-Downtown. I love the city of Austin and this community college has a fantastic transfer rate to the University of Texas. I was not disappointed, my teachers are great and I love everything I am learning about.

Stick with you're path. It's going to be a crazy ride!

Stick with you're path. It's going to be a crazy ride!

There are campuses all around Austin and surrounding cities that all offer a variety of classes. While someone may have to drive to another part of the city, it gets them to know that particular part. It's my goal to try to take a class at every single ACC campus.

Kasey

Austin Community College is a perfect representation of Austin itself in its diversity, including students of all races, ages, genders and sexualities.

Never put anything off! If you organize your time better, not only will you complete all your assignments ahead of schedule, you'll find you have much more time to focus on your hobbies and having fun. You won't have to feel guilty about hanging out with your friends or watching tv, and you won't let stress build up until the last possible moment. Just put away all your distractions and focus on what's important, and you'll be much happier in the end.

The only people who shouldn't attend ACC are those unwilling to learn and grow even in an environment that provides all the tools necessary for anyone to succeed if they try.

sarah

Change and transitions have never come easily to me. In fact when any semblance of change would arise I would fight it tooth and nail trying to keep my life exactly the same. Change has always left a foul taste in my mouth, mostly due to the fact that most often times change did not bring about better circumestances. If I could go back to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that although transitions can be frightening sometimes one just has to take a leap of faith and hope for the best. My first year of college had no shortage of bad experiences but it also had a multitude of good ones. It is the good memories that one needs to focus on. College is definitely different than high school but that does not mean that it won't be amazing. Just have faith.

ACC should be attended by those are are not necessarily able to afford a 4 year university. Also someone who is sort of a'home body' and doesn't want to be far from home and the responsibilities present would do well at a community college. Also, students who want to get their core classes out of the way as cheaply and easily as possible would do benefit form attending ACC before transferring to a 4-year university.

Someone who wants a fresh start and the whole so called 'college experience' probably shouldn't attend ACC. ACC is meant for those who are still discerning their future major/career, those who are not ready to be a way from and those who can not afford a 4 year university.

College isn't as scary as people make it out to be. Yes some people may not be as friendly as others, but it doesn't mean they're "out to get you." Tests do require a little more studying than in high school, and papers are a little tough. Studying for the SAT and doing well on it, will help you when registering for certain classes in college. Keep your math and science notebooks, it definitely helps a lot. Make sure not to fall asleep in Anatomy class after practice, even though the lectures may be "boring", the papers and notes will help you in Anatomy in college. Last but not least, don't let your "high school sweet heart" stop you from going to college. If anyone tries holding you back from being what you dream to be, they're not meant to be in your life. You'll be a great paramedic. Believe in yourself and never stop trying, because that's all that matters.

Anyone should come to Austin Community College if they'd like. The campus I attend is very diverse, whether it's religion, race, or anything else. It's very easy to meet and become friends with new people. Some of the classmates I have become friends with, I would have never thought we'd be friends. If someone is serious about getting their degree in a subject they're interested, then by all means, they can register.

When asked about my classes, I say how conveniently small the class is. I always like to tell students who are interested in coming to my school, that it is very easy to get around the campus, as well as meet new friends.

A great college, that has flexible school hours.

A great college, that has flexible school hours.

If i could go back in time, i would tell myself to finish school. So many of my friends that i graduated with are done with their degrees even their masters degrees and have their dream job. I wish i wouldnt have waited so long to go back to school. Now that I have i am more determined than ever to finish and get my degree in education.

People that are trying to get their associates degree, or who are wanting to transfer to a 4 year school. This is a good school for people that have full time or part time jobs.

Austin Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.