Austin Community College District Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Austin Community College District

Adam

I think ACC is a place where great things can happen if the student puts forth the effort. They try their best to encourage use of their facilities and always try to be involved. The teachers are very knowledgable and don't shy from spreading their knowledge forward.

Biak

Austin Community College is not like any colleges. It doesn't have sport, but it does have club. You can also create you own club. The one thing I like about Austin Community College is, it that there are only about 20 -25 student per class. Austin Community College has a Cafe and the food taste really good.

Alyssa

It is a good, normal school as far as academics go. There are good professors, there are not-so-good ones (I got lucky this semester, but several of my friends complain about theirs, and I did have to drop one class because of a meh instructor), just like at any public high school. For the most part people seem to know what they're talking about; however, I find there is not a whole lot of community here, which is a bit ironic seeing as how it's called a Community College. Overall, it's a good school for getting your core credits, but I really can't wait to transfer to a university and have the real "college experience".

Eduardo

The school incourages students to get help with their work when needed. The faculty strives to see their students succeed so they can build a better future for themselves. Students have multiple resources to be used by them such things as proseffor hours, tutoring center, online help, advising, etc.

Angelina

Austin Community College offers a variety of academic programs and after school activities. It is easy to participate in class and engage with other students because the class setting is small. The teachers are always available and are passionate in what they teach. The environment in Austin Community College is relaxed. The school is never crowded and you hardly ever see any conflicts. They provide a smoothy bar, bookstore, library, and computer lab where students can interact. Unfortunately they do not provide on campus housing but there are off campus housing close by where students reside. Overall, I have enjoyed my experience in this school and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a small school that gives greater attention to the student and a laid back environment.

Delta

love it.

Justin

ACC has one of the best American Sign Language programs in Texas. The staff and faculty is very helpful and encouraging towards all students. The classes are just small enough, and they have plenty of options available when it comes to choosing your classes and times.

Leslie

I have enjoyed the smaller classes. There is a lot of teacher student interaction. The teachers have always been willing to answer any questions I have had and help me when needed. The curriculum is set up so that it is easy to comprehend. Class notes have been great too because a lot of my teachers use the projector to place information and notes on the white board instead of just straight lecture. In my culinary classes there is a lot of Instructor help and they are always willing to step in to make sure that I understand the techniques used in the class. I have really enjoyed my classes here at ACC.

Dariya

I love my college and I'm proud to be its student. Every week we have different events with lots of giveaways, free food and drinks. Professors are always their for us. It's a good place to learn, to make friends, improve yourself and others!

Aseel

Austin Community College is really a great place for a student to get started on where they want to take off their careers. They offer wonderful Associate degree programs which I think come with a lot of a advantages if you're someone who wants a degree fast before finishing your bachelor's. There are many campuses which allows for variety, you have to know how to pick and choose your classes, your professors and your campuses because there's good and bad to everything.

Edmund

ACC allows for all kinds of education, from a typical four-college lifestyle to a single college class for the summer, and even some classes from home if a classroom isn't the style for everyone. Austin Community College gives the full access to a college education, without having to sign away 4 years at a time, just from semester to semester.

Brenda

Austin Community College made my first years of higher education go smoothly. They have specialized personnel for almost anything you could need. They are opened to answer any questions you might have and will treat you like family. The environment here is very friendly.

Marisela

Austin Community College is definition of diversity! You have everybody across the board attend here. Most students are acquiring their early credits that will transfer into the university of their choice. Then we have the students who had life happen to them and now they're getting back to the roll of things. I really enjoy my time here at ACC. The district has several campuses across the beautiful city of Austin that make it more accessible to students who yearn to enhance themselves.

susana

I love going to Austin Community College, is not as expensive as attending a University. I live with my parents and ACC is close to where I live which makes it easy to attend college and not struggle as much. ACC makes me think of the different opportunities that I have in life, it makes me not want to give up on my dream of being a dental hygienist . I can be a full time student and work. Every time I'm in class I feel joy in my heart, I just want to jump out of happiness by just thinking of the fact that I'm on my way of achieving my goal . I'm blessed to attend Austin Community College, where I can turn my dreams into reality.

Jory

It is a decent school. Very nice facilities and decent teachers too. It is way too difficult to get registered for school. The application process is not too hard, but they are pretty bad at communicating with you and making sure you are ready to enroll in classes.

Katrina

It's a very nice college. The only thing I would say is the professors may need more looking into. I had a really bad professor who I couldn't see why he was asked to be a professor there. But other than that, the school is really nice and they really try to help you out in any way they can.

Zoey

I enjoy attending ACC. I recently enrolled and it was very overwhelming, growing up everyone tells you that high school is nothing compared to college.. but you don't believe it until you're actually in college, doing anything for that extra minute to study! But everyone including the classmates at ACC has helped me make my first year of college pretty unforgettable.

Ariana

Great place for people to start a college career if they are uncomfortable starting immediately at a university. It's great for people who are undecided in which major they want to pursue and it's very helpful for those who wish to save money. Easy classes in which I always learn a lot in, great staff and a very straightforward academic life. It's not complicated and very easygoing.

Angela

The Austin Community College District is a great place to learn with plenty of opportunities in almost any field. The instructors make sure that they are available at any time for any questions, and there are readily available spaces for study, with or without the help of tutors.

carolyn

great class size and accessability to instructors . nice campus size but ratings may vary by campus chosen Hays campus in new and beautiful. They have a great program for dual credit or dual enrollment while still attending high school. campus is relaxed and comfortable enviroment

Emma

Signing up to attend Austin Community College is a nightmare. That is from what i can remember from 3 years ago. However, they could have changed. The faculty are most usually helpful, however if a problem arises then it is hard to solve. You are most likely going to go from one faculty adviser to another. To me it was and is utter chaos. On the bright side, it's convenient, they give a lot of information and there are a lot of locations which makes it easy for students to pick what campus they would like to attend.

Summer

Overall, I really appreciate Austin Community College. I am very thankful to have a school that is inexpensive and close by to pursue my education. So far my professors haven't been that great, but I have only done four classes. I am hopeful for this upcoming year as I have heard that the professors I will have are good teachers. The testing centers are easy to find and get into; as well as the staff makes the process quick and easy.

Kamaryn

It’s a good school if you pick the right teachers. There are some teachers who shouldn’t be teaching but for the most part it’s pretty cool. The atmosphere is amazing, the library is chill, the café is amazing always clean. An overall 9/10 school....

Alejandra

I honestly really love my college, everything is so accessible and the students are very friendly. the campus is usually always very clean and I am always able to find parking! The teachers have set office hours, or if you can't attend their office hours, you are free to email them and ask them any questions you need answered ( at least my professors).

Marisa

It is small, charming, and very friendly! Not to mention it’s rather cheap with plenty of resources available to help you along your degree path. I’m a big fan of the small classroom sizes and the attention the professors take to offer their help and knowledge to students, that’s something I haven’t experienced in forever.

Shelbi

ACC is a great community for anyone wanting to get a taste of the college educational experience. If you're looking to get your general requirements done for a cheap price while still having access to a bunch of resources (great professors, activities, transfer help) then ACC is the place for you.

Whitney

I have been to three different colleges including ACC and while the other two i was at major universities, nothing felt right like ACC does. From being able to communicate with your professors when ever, to the wide range of resources avaliable, you are never short of what you need to succeed.

Desi

Austin Community College is a great college for getting your feet wet while not becoming thousands of dollars in debt!The class sizes are decent, the campuses are clean and easy to navigate through, and 75% of the professors are there because they love their job and they love to help students achieve their academic goals.

Ja'Kavia

They help out a lot and benefit the community plus later on in life it could help you in whatever it is. I'm also interested in agricultural food and product processing and culinary arts.

Omar

Austin Community College is an excellent place to study and transfer to a 4 year University. The professors there are good, and help you to succeed. Moreover, there are tutors in the Learning Lab that will assist you in getting good grades in class.

Jocelyne

Austin Community College is the best place to learn. I love the campus’s structure, the instructors, and the learning lab tutorials. The instructors at Austin Community College are doing a great job by helping students to succeed. I am very happy to be an Austin Community College student. I really believe this campus is a best place to learn.

Aaska

ACC is a growing campus. There are several developmental opportunities and I nnovative, far-sighted programs . It is flexible, adaptable, and engaging in learning. The culture of th campus and it’s encironment is intriguing. The people who work at ACC are dedicated to helping students. It's nice to be around those people who enjoy their jobs.

David

My overall opinion of Austin Community College District is that this college could help me prepare for a transfer to a four-year university. I am planning to change my major back to Computer Science near the end of the first semester. After I graduate college, I'll get a higher paying job.

Alexis

Austin Community college is a great place for individuals of diverse and different backgrounds. It is a huge resource facility and is there for you. The passion and drive that student staff and professors show to the students are always welcoming and motivating to your success.

Garalnd

The school is very nice and easy. There are some challenges for the course but that's college. I feel really safe when it comes to the campus. There are cops stationed everywhere. The professors are very easy as well. They replied on time with emails and are always are available.

Magdalena

My overall opinion on Austin Community College District is that it seems like a really great community college to attend if you do not want to be away from home. It is also located in Austin which is pretty cool, there are plenty of fast food restaurants near by which is really great.

Sergio

Attending ACC for the first semester was an extreme success. I was able to achieve my goals and get majority of my work done in order to maintain a steady GPA. If you want to attend a college to get your basics done before attending a 4-year university, then this is the way to go.

Angela

ACC has been a great opportunity for me. For the most part staff has been very helpful and I've been able to remain motivated. The only downfall is that at times it can be easy to become distracted between work and school. The ease of signing up for classes and being able to review my progress is what keeps me inspired.

Saskia

ACC is a great way to start your college career. I chose to go to ACC first before going to a big college because I wanted to save money on my pre-reqs. I can live at home and save money and ACC is just around the corner. They have good teachers and great times for classes. Everything is available if you look for it and want to learn.

Patricia

Save money, close to home, and can still get my degree at my own pace? ACC is prefect! Literally this is my 2nd year at ACC and I am so happy with my choice in going to a community college wether than a 4 year university. There's always something going on at one of the campus and people are so friendly and sweet. The class size is prefect, not to be or small and the professors are nice and approachable. If you ever have a problem just call up to the front desk and they help take care of you right away. The only thing that can be alittle upsetting is the fact that more and more students are joining so, less parking available. But other than that ACC is wonderful, did I mention theres like 5 campus to choose where you take your classes.

Jada

I love ACC. Like any good college there’s always room from improvement but these guys strike for bigger and better. It’s a very welcoming school, easy to fit in. The teachers are great sources of education and life lessons. I couldn’t ask for a better place to be.

Christian

I appreciate the ease of the college, as well as new buildings, and small classroom size. Overall, I think it is a great community college to act as your stepping stone to transfer, or obtain an associates. The cheap price of going to a community college is also extremely important to me, which is another strong reason I am satisfied with ACC.

prashant

its great to start a community college and get some credits to fully transfer to a four-year university. awesome environment and learning labs are amazing. great professors and tutors that are available on their schedule. overall it's amazing to be here.

Lucas

Its a great school with a nice and very comfortable educational environment! The faculty there are very helpful, and they are always available bin one way or another. The online service is very efficient for the students and it's just all very convenient!

riya

i love the classes and most of all the professors are really amazing. they really educate us and i get everything i learn in the class. thanks ACC.

Idaly

It's a very good school. There are many social groups all around. The teachers are always trying to get there students involved in class lectures. The school puts effort in there students, by wanting them to succeed after graduating. The staff is vey friendly.

Treyshun

Austin Community College (ACC) is a awesome college to attend. You don't have to worry about 50+ people in the class, it is small enough to focus and have meetings with teachers one on one. ACC will help me prepare for any university I plan to go to once I earn my associate’s degree. The information I learn from ACC helps me better myself as I continue to live on this earth. Every day I get to experience new things which can help me in the long run.

Carolina

Austin Community College has amazing professors who are always willing to provide extra help when needed. The classrooms sizes are small to where you get more interaction with professors, which is super helpful because they get to know your strengths and weaknesses as a student and they are good about remembering you whenever you need a reference to apply to a program in the future. ACC is more about education than sports which is a huge deal for students who want to learn. There's always flexible time schedules for students who work full time because they even offer weekend classes for those who can't make it during the week. A lot of people always talk down on community colleges but the truth is, it's the best way to go because you get more out of it because you stay more focused. If I could go back in time, I would have started my education at Austin Community College because it's affordable, great education and very flexible.

Austin Community College is a great stepping stone for anyone who is looking to get the basics out of the way before going to a 4 year university. The tuition rate is extremely reasonable and there are many class times available, making it easy for someone like me to take courses even though I have a full time job. Student life is around but not abundant because there are many different campuses across the city but it can be found if you look for it. There are plenty of clubs to join and events to go to if you are willing to go to other campuses occasionally. All of the classes I have taken have been well structured and academically rigorous, with only one or two professors who were maybe not as accessible as I'd wished. The main downside to ACC is dealing with anything administrative can be a headache, but I doubt I could find a single college where trying to get a waiver or form filled out doesn't feel like pulling teeth. All things considered, ACC is a great school especially for preparing for a four year university, or for someone looking to get back into school after taking time off.

Mariana

My overall opinion is that they truly are there to help. The professors are flexible to help you out of class and the learning lab is a great tutor center. Resources don't feel limited and I have been very successful here.