Houston, TX
Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Houston

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Houston

Brandon

Aviation institute of Maintenance offers a variety of in class and hands on learnings environments to teach the students everything that is needed to know about being an Aviation Maintenance Technician. The school has an on site campus and a cafeteria as well as a number of small aircraft inside the hanger to teach different aspects of becoming an AMT and beginning your career in aviation.

David

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would tell myself to stop goofing around, get on your computer, and start finding scholarships. I had know idea that my school would cost so much, its just a one and a half year school. When I was still a senior in high school I didn't care about how much school would cost, what a dumb mistake that was! After coming home from school I did nothing to get a head start on my education much less even bother finding out how much it would cost. I saw all my friends taking AP classes and pulling all nighters so they can study for the SAT/ACT tests. I thought to myself that they were all crazy for doing that, the last year of high school is supose to be enjoyable. The truth was that even though they did all that "crazy" stuff, they actually had more fun than I did. So all that laying around the house was just not worth it. Second chances do come so often, now this is my turn to have that second chance.

I wish I'd known that this school only perpares you for taking the FAA test to get your A&P license. Afterwards you may take your test after you graduate from the school.

The most frustrating about my school are the childish rules they give. You have to sign out on a sheet of paper every time you need to go to the restroom or simply make a call to someone. When all that time is added up, according to how much time you spent out of the classroom, you must write so many pages to make up that time you spent out of the classroom. Some students actually start early on their pages because they know that they will miss some class time.

Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Houston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.