Baldwin Wallace University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Baldwin Wallace University

Kathryn

Baldwin Wallace University is a great college for anyone considering. The professors are fantastic and easily accessible. Because it's a small school, you will get to know plenty of people; this is beneficial for introverts. There are many different clubs, sororities, and fraternities for all majors/minors. Beautiful campus year-round.

Alexander

Baldwin Wallace University is the perfect small school atmosphere. We have a world-class education and many successful athletic teams. The campus has beautiful architecture. The professors truly care about you and want to see you succeed. There are also plenty of ways to get involved on campus. I hope that you consider becoming a Yellow Jacket like me!

Gloria

So far, I have a good experience and have met nice people ready to help. The services are good, the food can be improved, but that isn't something significant for me. Education during this pandemic is excellent, mostly all classes are hybrid, and students can request to be fully online. There some virtual events that are enjoyable and interesting.

Christina

Baldwin Wallace University has made a significant impact on my life. My uncle is a graduate of Baldwin Wallace. He graduated with a double major in Business and Music. During my first year at BW, I struggled with my studies and balancing my classes. The staff at BW is dedicated to helping students reach their goals and become more successful. I am so grateful towards the team at BW for always supporting me and .lending me help whenever I needed it.

holly

Baldwin Wallace is a good school to attend when focusing on academics during your college experience. The professors are phenomenal and are easy to relate with and build connections with. Multiple times I have stayed after class to discuss my own opinions on matters with professors and I never once felt looked down upon due to my opinions or lack of education on the topic matter. The dorms should be in better condition for the price you pay to live on campus and the dining services should be more accommodating as well. As someone who is lactose intolerant and vegetarian, I find myself being able to eat only salads (which I have no problem doing), but I think the dining services should be more accepting to serve foods that don't have as much of a meat focus and are more healthy as well.

Alexandra

The faculty overall are there for the students and work their best to do all they can to make a great BW experience. Class sizes are small to where students have the benefit of getting one on one attention with their professors and don't feel like someone who is just there. Dining is mostly as to be expected of a college but there are some dining staff that make students feel extremely welcome and taken care of. The environment of BW is very homey and the location of the campus helps it to not be overwhelming.

Kaia

Baldwin Wallace University is my favorite place to be. The environment is very welcoming and family-like. The campus itself is beautiful, as are all of the people on campus. Class sizes are small and professors want nothing more than for all of their students to succeed. Professors are readily available and very approachable. Classes go beyond typical lectures and focus heavily on real-life situations and how the information being learned will be used in those situations. As a private institution, tuition is a bit high, but financial aid is available to everyone who needs it. Overall, BW is a fantastic university.

Brandy

Baldwin Wallace University is an exciting place to be. There is always something to do both on and off campus. The students, staff, and alum are all part of the growing community that is Berea, Ohio. No matter where you go in the area, you can always find exactly what you're looking for.

Tamara

To me, BW is a pretty great school. Everyone is really nice and there's a lot of ways to get involved on campus, such as greek life, clubs, sports/intramurals, the arts, etc. Campus food is admittedly pretty good, only thing is that it can get tiring after a while.

I love BW! I came here to play basketball and love the campus, the coaches, and my professors. We have so many professors that come to our games and it feels like a family. College is an adjustment and I have more support than I could have imagined. I recommend Baldwin Wallace to any young adult looking for a place to get a good education, make great friends, and have a strong support system.

Kyle

I think the school is great for someone who is content with a small town life. There are defiantly opportunities for growth with great academics and any support you may need. There is a limit to how far you can go there as it is still a very small school. It doesn't have all the opportunities a larger school may have, but for what it is, it is a very nice school. I think any student could be successful here and has the material available to them to have a successful future beyond college.

Clifford

I am a fan of the college, but at the same time it feels like what I imagine a preppy high school feels like. If you are looking for diversity, then I do not think it is for you. Professors are great but the students are just kind of eh, none of them really have personality.

Mohammad

To be quite honest, I do like Baldwin Wallace University. One major positives about the school (and what it is particularly known for) are the academic and music quality of education that a student will receive if he/she attends the university. My double-major is Neuroscience and Psychology, so it is a little obvious that I do not really partake in the musical activities of the school. Albeit, the musical theater friends that I have all proclaim that it is a wonderful program. Now on to Neuroscience. While I may be a first-year student, and only going on to his second semester of college, I can already tell anyone how wonderful the quality of education BW provides for my field. Why? Because of the professors. From K-12, I've never had any teachers who really cared for my success. However, at Baldwin Wallace, the professors truly showed me that they wanted me to succeed. Either by letting me review with them even after hours (I once stayed with my professor and we talked about the amazing advances in neurology within the last century for 2 hours) or just the attention to detail they describe everything and make sure that not only me, but the entire class understood down to to the atomic level what we were learning. But students have to pay attention and be on their A-game if they want to succeed. While it may not be an Ivy League school, the professors that I have had all make it seem that way, and that is phenomenal when regarding the quality of education one will receive if he/she decides to pursue the wonders of the brain at Baldwin Wallace University. Although Baldwin Wallace University may have a great educational system, nearly everything else beyond that point is lacking. Whenever I am not studying for an exam or doing homework, I get bored quite easily. There are things to do here, however there does not seem to be many students ho partake in those activities. It is mainly the sport scene where my fellow students actually join a team and compete. Since this is a small town, there is not much to do here as well. Even so, Cleveland is around 15 minutes away, so students can enjoy the city, relatively cheaply. If you are a student and want to have a lot of fun at college and party, this may not be the place for you. Yet, if you are a student who values the quality of education and their future career, while still offering a couple of things to do, Baldwin Wallace might be the right fit for you.

Billie

I think I did not enjoy the dormitories but beyond that I believe it is a nice, small campus where students can effectively thrive and grow. The food was adequate but you can get tired of it. Off-campus apartments are affordable and not extremely expensive overall. The on-campus dorms, however, are small and communal bathrooms are a bit iffy although they smell clean. The education program seems moderately organized.

Shae

The school is very nice and I enjoy studying here!! The food is pretty good for school food and the bookstore always carries really nice stuff. The students are kind and social, as well as the faculty. All of my teachers make it easy to get in touch about things i’m confused on.

Bianca

Baldwin Wallace is an amazing school. The campus is beautiful, the teachers and students are helpful and kind, and there are hundreds of opportunity's to go after that build your resume and prepare you for your future career. While they are lacking on campus food, they do have options for vegetarians and vegans, and their on campus money can be used off campus in local surrounding stores

Baldwin Wallace is an amazing school and has something to offer to each of it's students. The class size is small enough so the professors know your name, but not small enough that you feel singled-out. The campus is a great size and there is always something going on. Walking to class random people will say hi to you and you can make new friends in an instant on this campus. Professors are friendly and sometimes challenging. But, overall, I would recommend this school to anybody looking for a small/ midsized family environment.

Jeffrey

I couldn't be happier with my college choice. All of the professors, staff, and students are incredibly friendly. There are a ton of really great people. The food quality is a lot higher than a lot of other schools I've seen. It's a fantastic university. I find the classes to be driving, yet not too stress inducing. The overall campus culture is excellent. It's not in political turmoil and the people tend to be relatively happy. People are good to each other and the school doesn't have huge social issues. There isn't widespread drug use, violence, nor alcohol abuse.

Somalia

Being an African American female at a predominately white campus is somewhat overwhelming. The campus tries its best to show and support diversity, but there are still microaggressions that are made towards people of color. I have yet to experience it, but it's sad to say that I do someday expect it to happen to me. Although there are some things that could be fixed, I wouldn't change my university choice for the world. I absolutely love the university and the people there. It feels like a home away from home and like we're all a small community. I'm happy with my life there and there are so many wonderful opportunities that are offered before and after graduation. I'll always be ready for the challenges that may come because I know Baldwin Wallace has my back! #YellowJackets4Life

Hakey

Baldwin Wallace is a great school that offers reasonable class sizes and great professors. The professors want to see you succeed and have a successful college experience. There is so much to do on campus. Many organizations or clubs students can join. If you want to participate in a sport, the coaching staffs of the sports are super helpful and just great. I highly recommend BW. AWWWW Jackets.

Alexandar

It is a great school with amazing professors and students. The classes offered are exemplary courses that really prepare young adults for the real world. Overall my experience there has been beneficial to my life as a whole. It truly is a great school

Catherine

I think that BW is a wonderful small-town college. I grew up in Berea and never knew how incredible BW was until I visited. There is a huge community feel here. The town loves BW and BW loves the town. The Greek life on campus is a great way to get involved.

Carol

Baldwin Wallace University is a great school but there are a few downsides. I came to BW because it offered the major I originally wanted (Communication Sciences and Disorders) , but know that I am in a completely different double major (Accounting and Finance) it is less set apart from other university. A big difference BW offered compared to other universities was the meal plan, but despite student petitions and vocally expressed dissatisfaction, the university is offering a new meal plan that will not allow student to just pay for what they want and instead utilizes the swipe system that many other universities have and does not give students back the money that is uploaded to them, giving them more money than they already require be paid.

Delenn

Very good school. Not just a number to the faculty and easy to find people to relate to. Advisors care about you and faculty try to know you. Many types of housing to fit certain needs. I enjoy the connections which can be made with all levels of staff.

Dennis

I think that Baldwin Wallace University is a great place to go to college. The faculty and staff are kind, knowledgeable, understanding, and work with you because they want to help you succeed. The financial office also works with you to retain you.

Kenyon

Baldwin Wallace is that school that makes you feel like your at home. It's just that loving caring vibe once you step on campus. The academics are great then the opportunities afterwards are even better. All of the professor are there to help you and are willing to sit and talk with you to build that teacher, student relationship Only thing is that it needs to be more diverse.

Peter

I have lived around the campus of Baldwin Wallace for all but a year of my life, and this area is my home. I wanted to go to Baldwin Wallace all my life, not only because it was a great school academically, but because of the area it is in and that I love this area and all it has to offer.

Cameron

Baldwin Wallace University is full of creative individuals. Everyone is extremely considerate and will help whenever you need it. While the school has its flaws it has more redeeming qualities. With it being a smaller school community class sizes are big enough to have others to help, but not too many that the teacher won't be able to help you. It is an amazing school full of many activities and community life.

Madison

Madison freshman year at Baldwin Wallace went well. She was busy all time with being a majorette, join a sorority , went to different campus events, and met knew people. She is excited to go back in the fall for sophomore year and has more options with parking.

Kelley

Baldwin Wallace University is an amazing school with an open and accepting environment, anyone could call BW home with the friendly culture and inviting community.

s

I enjoyed my time at Baldwin Wallace and I believe that the education was a decent one.

Baldwin Wallace has an absolutely gorgeous campus and quite a long history. They offer an abundance of different courses and activities to the students. There is plenty of activities to choose from. Professors are rather nice. I look forward to attending this fall.

Mariah

I love BWU. The atmosphere is smaller, but there are still so many new faces to see everyday. I am thinking about going back for a graduate program- if that shows how much I enjoyed my experience and education there!The teachers know your name and MAKE time for students. just a great staff.