Black Hawk College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Black Hawk College

Wyatt

Black Hawk college is a small community college quickly going the way of the dodo. With decreasing enrollment numbers and poor financial decision making by the board, faculty are being laid off and classes are being dropped from the offering list. The food option is Subway, there is nothing else (I just got food poisoning there last week so I'd recommend staying clear). They just cut half the art department and many of the physical science courses due to lack of funding. Overall, Black Hawk is in a steep tailspin that I fear it may not pull out of.

Black Hawk College has a very welcoming environment as well as extremely helpful staff. This school is definitely a good choice if you are not sure what to pursue as their advising department only wants to get you on the right track. The instructors are helpful when it comes to classroom issues as well as providing their e-mails and office hours to everyone for extra assistance in classes.

Lydia

I started dual enrollment at Black hawk College when I was sixteen-years-old and I really enjoyed it and still do. Most of the professors are great. They are helpful, passionate, and easy to follow. The classes aren't super hard, but they also aren't too easy. Students still have to make a point of learning and putting effort into school. Overall, Black Hawk College is a great school to attend and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Kaitlyn

I do not particularly love BHC. I like the fact that I get to attend for free and that the classes aren't too much. Moline is a boring city to be in in all honesty, and there isn't a whole ton going on with students outside of classes. Everyone tends to do their own thing at BHC. It isn't social. It is financially a very good call however, so depending on what is most important is whether or not this the school will work for you.

Evan

Great college has a few issues would recommend it for anyone who wants to have an easy way to complete their associates or transfer to a larger university it does have a few problems here and there they just got rid of the entire earth science department

Dominique

Black Hawk College is a great college. If you are looking for something small in class size and friendly staff and students. Then, this is the school for you! This schools main focus is Equestrian, but my degree was in Art and I didn't feel out of place at all!

Airian

I believe it to be a fun environment filled with vast amounts of both knowledge and humor, where everyone enjoys their time there as well as everyone involved. Each student is extremely helpful along with the professors. Their always willing to stay after and help with even the smallest detail. This is truly why I believe Black Hawk College to be a great environment for everyone.

Black Hawk College is a small college with a great student and faculty community. My classes are small, but I find this only beneficial as I get lots of one-on-one attention from teachers. The quality of the teachers and class material is excellent for the price of the community college. A lot of community colleges get a bad stigma, but this does not apply to Black Hawk. Quality, affordable education can easily be found within reach here. I’ve also found a very intelligent, goal-oriented friend group. Black Hawk College is a good environment. I’ve heard about parties on weekends, but they are few and far between. No one I personally know has ever gotten involved. We stay out of trouble, because we’re working hard to get good grades and understand the material taught in class. Black Hawk College is in the middle of four cities, so there are lots of opportunities to get involved around town. There are performing arts, like the orchestras, and there are many visual art displays around town. There is culture and many tourist activities. Back on campus, the campus is small, but slightly wooded. It’s a beautiful little sanctuary to walk through when you need a mental break from the stress of finals or normal collegiate life. There are faculties all around, ready to help and assist wherever needed. The campus is also very safe. The on-campus police department is excellent, kind, and helpful. They respond quickly to help a student unlock his car doors before his next class, and return lost belongings to their rightful owners. Overall, Black Hawk College is a great place and I’m proud to be a student.

Julia

The environment is really great and they're doing a lot of work in renovations. Their library is enormous, comfortable, quiet, and a great place to get work done. Their indoor track and workout center is adequate in cleanliness and equipment. There are indoor passages in between the buildings so students don't have to go out in the rain, snow, cold, etc. to get from building to building. The bookstore has all that anyone could ever need from clothes, food, school supplies, technology, dorm décor, and helpful/friendly staff. They're currently undergoing a lot of renovations but I think their priorities are out of order since some of the tunnels are really sketchy and could use a lot of maintenance.

Dawson

Black Hawk College is a place where you will get what you pay for. You will find that some professors care more than others and are willing to do more to help you, the student, out. I think the best thing about Black Hawk College is its class sizes.

Rylie

Overall, this school provided with with everything I need and more before I transfer on to a four year college. It has opened my eyes to another life and if I didn't go here I know I would've been a much different person. This has been an experience I am very grateful for.

Aye

It a very good college to discovered new things. Not only that they have a lot of classes that are really interesting even to a people, who didn’t know what they goals are or what they want to become in the future. For me it one of the community colleges I would considering going.

Amadou

Black hawk College is a great school. Even though it’s a small community college there are still things to do to keep yourself busy and involved in the school. They have a great tutoring program and have a trio program to help students in need. Every month they have an event for the whole school and they do their best to get everyone to join in. The best thing is the teachers follow the syllabus and are always available via email or office hours.