Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Bryan

I love Bradley. Everybody has the college that speaks to them, and Bradley did that for me the first time that I visited. I knew this is where I wanted to be, and I was so excited that I was able to get enough scholarship money that I could go. I've been here for almost two semesters, and I've loved every moment of it. After my first Christmas break, I couldn't wait to move back in. I feel safe and at home while I am so far away from home.

zachary

So far I have loved my time at Bradley. There is always activities open to the students on and off campus. The people on campus are also very sociable. Most of the people I have met are very nice and polite and are easy to get along with. The classes are difficult, but they do a great job at teaching the information that you need to know. Overall I have had a great time at Bradley and am receiving a degree that will help me further my career.

Payton

I wish someone had told me that they "talk-up" every school you visit. The school is never as amazing as visits make it seem and DON'T believe them when they say there is more to do in college than party. If you aren't a party-person like myself, expect to be bored and viewed as an unpopular opinion.

Kia

Bradley is a family oriented community. Professors are always willing to help you and there are numerous resources to be used to help you on your academic journey. The people are really nice and it's a very peaceful environment. Overall, the campus is very homey and I love it.

Nimira

Greek life is big on campus. I am an alumna of a sorority on campus. The campus, in general, is big on community service and getting involved with the community around us. The things to do off campus would be to go to the movies, parks, mall or out to eat.

The students are mostly from the Chicago area, we have a few from different states and even fewer from different countries. Everyone is open minded and really nice.

Maribel

The most frustrating thing about my school is the slow internet connectivity that is sometimes experienced and its sometimes hard to do my research papers.

The best thing about my school is the sense of community and family throughout the entire campus. Everyone, including professors and students, are always willing to help and are very friendly. If you are feeling down, there is always someone who is willing to cheer you up and be there for you if you need help. Everywhere you go on campus there is a smiling face that will make you smile.

Upon experiencing my first semester of college, I advice the high school senior me the following two things. The first thing is to read your textbooks before going to class and making this a regular study habit so that when you go to college, you are familiar with the process. You will be more prepared for your lectures and better understand the material because it seems like time goes by extremly fast during college and you do not want to fall behind. The second thing I advice myself is to take advantage of your sleeping hours and not stay up late just for fun. The work load in college can be overwhelming and you have to stay up late to finish your assignments or study. There will be nights when you sleep for five hours or even less because you have many things to get done and have to wake up early in the morning for class the next day. Appreciate the hours available for you to sleep and give your body adequate rest.

Kailyn

Hey ‘Self,’ My college transition was bumpy, so I’m stepping back in time to help you help me. 1. You're wasting time sleeping 8 hours. Spend more time mastering those budget and comparison shopping concepts, so I'll know how to stretch this $10/wk. 2. Wow! You scheduled me for an 8 am class; MATH! …REALLY? 3. NEWSFLASH! You may not be the smartest one in the room. Accept it now, so I'm not shocked when Josh shuffles in class late with his wrinkled shorts and t-shirt and rattles off the chemistry formula we just learned 10 minutes before he came. 4. Read that syllabus! Put those assignments and tests in your planner. At dinner, Stacy asked, “How’s your paper coming?” My response: “Aahhh paper?” Now, my 2-hr social dinner is a fast food snatch-n-grab. I'm up all night looking for the syllabus (at the bottom of my sock drawer), then scrambling to beat the 9 am deadline. 5. KUDOS on the laundry, though! Meanwhile, Tim (6’2” and 247 lbs.) needs help. The shirts that weren’t pink, now fit his 6 year old brother. Sincerely, Your Future You

Bradley cares about its students' futures. The administration and professors go out of their way to provide the resources and guidance needed to ensure our success. Their mentoring and teaching styles promote discipline, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirits throughout the campus. Bradley's 92% graduation/placement rate and 84% retention rate with nearly 83% of graduates earning at least one internship before graduation are proof of its commitment to its students. I am in a great environment where I have one of the best opportunities to have a successful journey in college and beyond.

If you are an introvert not looking to be challenged and not planning to expand your comfort zone, Bradley is not the place for you. Bradley will raise your ceiling of expectations and provide the resources for you to reach your new goals. It encourages you to explore and broaden your horizons. If you are settled with complacency and content in the small box that you have created for yourself, Bradley is not for you. A closed mind is a closed heart and you will always feel like an outsider no matter how much we try to include you.

Dylan

A lot of them are very set in their ways and use their voice to speak their minds. Sometimes, they don't consider their words and how it affects others, but a good chunk of the people know how to respectfully voice their opinions. Students tend to get very judgmental too, which should be brought down a notch cause it makes things a bit crazy, but it's only natural for people to judge. Otherwise, students are nice and willing to help in what way they can.

Don't be afraid to make big moves. If your heart is telling you to go out of your way and do something for someone or for yourself, then do it. You'll regret not doing it later if you hold back. Make the time spent count and live for today. The future is far away, and whether it be grim or delightful, you have make today amazing first. Find something that makes you happy and keep that close to you at all times, because you will need it, especially on days when you feel that you just can't go on. That very thing can remind you why it is you keep moving forward. If nothing else, just remember to smile.

I understood the principles of time management and had known of the great ways to focus as I do now to get the work I need to do done and have more time during the busy weeks to relax and hang out with folks. It would've made the first semester a bit more enjoyable had I known all of that.

Katherine

What caught my eye about Braldey was that it was a medium sized campus. It had all the features of a campus setting except it felt more close knit than a larger university. I like the fact that it is only about a five minute walk across campus. I really liked the friendly vibe on campus. Bradley felt more lively and more welcoming than the other universities I visited. Bradley was the only university where the tour guides bragged about how close of a community Bradley was, and that it was truly a home away from home.

If I could go back and talk to my senior self, I'd constantly remind myself that college is no joke. College is much harder than high school, and I'd need to work twice as hard. I'd tell my senior self that it is okay to not know what you want do in ten years. You will have two years to figure it out. However, never forget that your GPA is one of the most important things you need to concentrate on keeping up. It will determine your future, and can drop more easily than it is to bring up. While school is really important, I'd tell myself to enjoy the social life. Don't hesitate in joining that sorority because it will teach you time mangement. learning time mangement early will help you in the rest of your collehe career. I'd tell myself to make sure to find friends with similar majors or friends that you can study with and count on for help if needed. I would tell my senior self that first impressions will stick with you no matter what they are or what you do after; so becareful with your actions.

People that should not attend Bradley are those that are not serious about their future. No matter what major you plan to go into, they are all vigurous programs that only allow the hard workers to get through. If a person is not willing to put effort into their studies, they would not succeed at Bradley. Bradley prepares many students for the outside world. However, students also need to be proactive and ask for assisstance of the Bradley staff or they would not get anywhere. Connecting with others is a big part of Bradley.

Haley

Bradley University is a place where you will find and understand who you are and who you want to become in the near future.

I would remind myself to enjoy every little moment of high school that I have left because even though I thought senior year went by fast, freshman year of college was gone in the blink of an eye. I would also tell myself to treasure each day I have with my family in summer because when I am struggling through a bad day I can always turn to them to keep me going. I would let myself know that I made the best choice to attend Bradley University and going into the nursing program. And if I could back, I would tell my senior year self to stop counting down the days until graduation because in college I will be savoring every last minute I have left here. Since time travel is not invented yet, I can only tell my present self these things and remind myself each day of how grateful I am to get the opportunity to fulfill my future dreams of becoming a nurse.

I wish I would have know to not be scared to move in and live on my own. College may seem frightening at first, but once you get the hang of it there are no worries in the world, well other than studying hard and getting good grades. I also wish I woud have know all the opportunities that I was going to get with starting college. One of these opportunities is making some new life long friends, starting a future in my career, and learning to be on my own. My best advice is to stay positive.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.