Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Maribel

The most frustrating thing about my school is the slow internet connectivity that is sometimes experienced and its sometimes hard to do my research papers.

The best thing about my school is the sense of community and family throughout the entire campus. Everyone, including professors and students, are always willing to help and are very friendly. If you are feeling down, there is always someone who is willing to cheer you up and be there for you if you need help. Everywhere you go on campus there is a smiling face that will make you smile.

Upon experiencing my first semester of college, I advice the high school senior me the following two things. The first thing is to read your textbooks before going to class and making this a regular study habit so that when you go to college, you are familiar with the process. You will be more prepared for your lectures and better understand the material because it seems like time goes by extremly fast during college and you do not want to fall behind. The second thing I advice myself is to take advantage of your sleeping hours and not stay up late just for fun. The work load in college can be overwhelming and you have to stay up late to finish your assignments or study. There will be nights when you sleep for five hours or even less because you have many things to get done and have to wake up early in the morning for class the next day. Appreciate the hours available for you to sleep and give your body adequate rest.

Kailyn

Hey ‘Self,’ My college transition was bumpy, so I’m stepping back in time to help you help me. 1. You're wasting time sleeping 8 hours. Spend more time mastering those budget and comparison shopping concepts, so I'll know how to stretch this $10/wk. 2. Wow! You scheduled me for an 8 am class; MATH! …REALLY? 3. NEWSFLASH! You may not be the smartest one in the room. Accept it now, so I'm not shocked when Josh shuffles in class late with his wrinkled shorts and t-shirt and rattles off the chemistry formula we just learned 10 minutes before he came. 4. Read that syllabus! Put those assignments and tests in your planner. At dinner, Stacy asked, “How’s your paper coming?” My response: “Aahhh paper?” Now, my 2-hr social dinner is a fast food snatch-n-grab. I'm up all night looking for the syllabus (at the bottom of my sock drawer), then scrambling to beat the 9 am deadline. 5. KUDOS on the laundry, though! Meanwhile, Tim (6’2” and 247 lbs.) needs help. The shirts that weren’t pink, now fit his 6 year old brother. Sincerely, Your Future You

Bradley cares about its students' futures. The administration and professors go out of their way to provide the resources and guidance needed to ensure our success. Their mentoring and teaching styles promote discipline, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirits throughout the campus. Bradley's 92% graduation/placement rate and 84% retention rate with nearly 83% of graduates earning at least one internship before graduation are proof of its commitment to its students. I am in a great environment where I have one of the best opportunities to have a successful journey in college and beyond.

If you are an introvert not looking to be challenged and not planning to expand your comfort zone, Bradley is not the place for you. Bradley will raise your ceiling of expectations and provide the resources for you to reach your new goals. It encourages you to explore and broaden your horizons. If you are settled with complacency and content in the small box that you have created for yourself, Bradley is not for you. A closed mind is a closed heart and you will always feel like an outsider no matter how much we try to include you.

Dylan

A lot of them are very set in their ways and use their voice to speak their minds. Sometimes, they don't consider their words and how it affects others, but a good chunk of the people know how to respectfully voice their opinions. Students tend to get very judgmental too, which should be brought down a notch cause it makes things a bit crazy, but it's only natural for people to judge. Otherwise, students are nice and willing to help in what way they can.

Don't be afraid to make big moves. If your heart is telling you to go out of your way and do something for someone or for yourself, then do it. You'll regret not doing it later if you hold back. Make the time spent count and live for today. The future is far away, and whether it be grim or delightful, you have make today amazing first. Find something that makes you happy and keep that close to you at all times, because you will need it, especially on days when you feel that you just can't go on. That very thing can remind you why it is you keep moving forward. If nothing else, just remember to smile.

I understood the principles of time management and had known of the great ways to focus as I do now to get the work I need to do done and have more time during the busy weeks to relax and hang out with folks. It would've made the first semester a bit more enjoyable had I known all of that.

Katherine

What caught my eye about Braldey was that it was a medium sized campus. It had all the features of a campus setting except it felt more close knit than a larger university. I like the fact that it is only about a five minute walk across campus. I really liked the friendly vibe on campus. Bradley felt more lively and more welcoming than the other universities I visited. Bradley was the only university where the tour guides bragged about how close of a community Bradley was, and that it was truly a home away from home.

If I could go back and talk to my senior self, I'd constantly remind myself that college is no joke. College is much harder than high school, and I'd need to work twice as hard. I'd tell my senior self that it is okay to not know what you want do in ten years. You will have two years to figure it out. However, never forget that your GPA is one of the most important things you need to concentrate on keeping up. It will determine your future, and can drop more easily than it is to bring up. While school is really important, I'd tell myself to enjoy the social life. Don't hesitate in joining that sorority because it will teach you time mangement. learning time mangement early will help you in the rest of your collehe career. I'd tell myself to make sure to find friends with similar majors or friends that you can study with and count on for help if needed. I would tell my senior self that first impressions will stick with you no matter what they are or what you do after; so becareful with your actions.

People that should not attend Bradley are those that are not serious about their future. No matter what major you plan to go into, they are all vigurous programs that only allow the hard workers to get through. If a person is not willing to put effort into their studies, they would not succeed at Bradley. Bradley prepares many students for the outside world. However, students also need to be proactive and ask for assisstance of the Bradley staff or they would not get anywhere. Connecting with others is a big part of Bradley.

Haley

Bradley University is a place where you will find and understand who you are and who you want to become in the near future.

I would remind myself to enjoy every little moment of high school that I have left because even though I thought senior year went by fast, freshman year of college was gone in the blink of an eye. I would also tell myself to treasure each day I have with my family in summer because when I am struggling through a bad day I can always turn to them to keep me going. I would let myself know that I made the best choice to attend Bradley University and going into the nursing program. And if I could back, I would tell my senior year self to stop counting down the days until graduation because in college I will be savoring every last minute I have left here. Since time travel is not invented yet, I can only tell my present self these things and remind myself each day of how grateful I am to get the opportunity to fulfill my future dreams of becoming a nurse.

I wish I would have know to not be scared to move in and live on my own. College may seem frightening at first, but once you get the hang of it there are no worries in the world, well other than studying hard and getting good grades. I also wish I woud have know all the opportunities that I was going to get with starting college. One of these opportunities is making some new life long friends, starting a future in my career, and learning to be on my own. My best advice is to stay positive.

Emilie

Bradley is a close-knit community, and everyone is willing to help each other out. Classmates, friends, professors, RAs, etc are all there to help you at all times if needed. It is the perfect size to be continually seeing people you know while still meeting new people all the time.

I would tell myself to spend more time with my family. I spent my summer after high school trying to see all of my friends, and looking back 2 years later I only talk to the ones I would have been close with regardless of seeing them so much. I would tell myself to spend more time with my grandparents, because I am no longer home when they come to visit my family. I would save up more money and work in the summer, because you never know when you will want a little extra cash to go shopping or buy groceries. Lastly, I would tell myself not to worry so much about my college experience and trying to fit in, through my experiences so far I have found that it is extremely easy to meet new people and make new friends at college, and being yourself is the best way to meet these new people.

There is not a ton of spirit in the school and I wish we had a football team

Kopano

I went to an all-girls high school in Pretoria, South Africa where we wore lime-green dresses that fit poorly. The biggest achievement that one could attain at such a school was to become a prefect. I failed to do so. In hindsight, that does not matter. None of all the things I thought mattered at that time in my life, ever really did. My message to my high school senior self would simply be this: it's all gonna be ok. It all works out. It does not matter that you are not a prefect or the smartest or the cutest or the fastest or the sexiest on Civvies Days (when we could wear home clothes). It does not matter that you do not have a driving licence yet or a car, or numerous achievement awards or five (or more) best friends or even a boyfriend at the all-boys school down the road. You are still pretty awesome and loved beyond measure. One day you will believe it. Hang in there.

Alyssa

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell her to never give up on her dream, and never quit applying for scholarships, never stop trying to do her best, never stop trying to succeed. I would tell her she is destined for greatness and when she really puts her mind to something nothing can stop. I would tell her to be phenomenal or be forogtten. I would remind her that history remembers those who tried, not those who said "what if". To work harder than hard, to endure what life through at her and not runaway everytime, I would also tell to fight and stand up for what she believes in even when shes standing alone.

Kaitlyn

Bradley is best known for being a great liberal arts school, and for it's basketball team. It's very well known for it's engineering and business schools as well.

It's small class sizes, accesbility to professors, and it really is a bonded community. Also, financial aid was the best out of all the schools I applied to.

I would tell myself to have faith in my own abilities. That no matter how afraid you are of being on your own that college breeds that space for you to grow. I would also tell myself to make the most of it. It will be over before you know it so don't waste time worrying about petty drama. Love your school, love your friends, and most of all do what you love, because that is the only thing thar will make this whole experience worthwhile.

If you are looking for a school with a sense of community due it its tinyness--which can definitely be a good thing--Bradley University is the place to go.

If there's one thing that I brag about at Bradley University, it is that I can hop out of bed ten minutes before class and make it to my seat on time, if not earlier. One of the luxuries of attending a smaller school is that everything that you could need is within a walking distance. You have the dorms, the cafeterias, à la carte, the quaint Campustown, the park, and if necessary CityLink to take you where you need to go.

You know what you want to do--you've wanted to do it since you were twelve. You've wanted to save lives, make differences in them, touch peoples' hearts with your own. You can do all of that once you put your mind to it. You were born with ideas, drive, persistence, vigor. It is in your last name, coursing through your veins, filling your bones, writing in your ribcage, roaring in your head. Don't get in your own way by doubting yourself and overwhelming yourself. Plan wisely. Weigh both the advantages and disadvantages before plunging into something you may regret. Once you plan, implement, and understand most of all that in the end you are the commander of your future. I believe in you.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.