Bradley University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bradley University

Kia

Bradley is a family oriented community. Professors are always willing to help you and there are numerous resources to be used to help you on your academic journey. The people are really nice and it's a very peaceful environment. Overall, the campus is very homey and I love it.

Bradley is my home. I may only be a first-semester freshman, but I've already found my niche. The campus is beautiful landscape and architecture wise, but that is just the surface. Inside the buildings are professors and staff who love what they do and do it well. I will not deny that I have heard of "bad eggs", but in my experience, I have not had a professor who does not care for their students. The classes are rarely taught by aids and the professors hold regular office hours. There are also many out-of-classroom experiences that are present for students. As a first-semester freshman, I am already involved in research and applications for internships. My professors alert me to new opportunities and point me to people of interest on campus. Outside of academics, basketball is a huge deal. Sports do have a large standing on campus, and the great recreation center proves it. There are many activities and clubs on campus to keep students busy in their free time. Greek life is bustling as well. Overall, I love Bradley. It is the path to my future. It is my home.

Victoria

It's okay. There is a Diversity Center which is plus for a mostly white campus. The campus is small so I don't have to walk for a long time for my classes. I can walk across campus and to my dorm with in about 3 or 4 minutes. Most of the professors care about you doing well and succeeding.

Bryan

I love Bradley. Everybody has the college that speaks to them, and Bradley did that for me the first time that I visited. I knew this is where I wanted to be, and I was so excited that I was able to get enough scholarship money that I could go. I've been here for almost two semesters, and I've loved every moment of it. After my first Christmas break, I couldn't wait to move back in. I feel safe and at home while I am so far away from home.

Ashleigh

Bradley University is somewhere that students can easily call home. It is a welcoming community full of opportunities for all. While there are so many different activities on campus for students to participate in, the academics are the most important focus of the students and each individual thrives in their own space as well as in the community as a whole.

Alex

I really enjoy being there. My major is actually Game Design, but the system won't let me continue unless I add one that is store in it's lists. Anyway, my professors are all really nice and easily accessible. They let us call them by their first name, which is not normal as I'm told.

Overall I have enjoyed my first year at Bradley University. I lived in the freshman-only dorm with about 30 other girls on my floor, and the dorms are a decent size and the community is very welcoming. There are multiple options for food on campus including dining halls and restaurants, and the food is pretty good. The most important part for me is that the campus is a very accessible and a much smaller size, making it easy to get to classes in a short time and having everything within a short walking distance.

Destiny

Bradley University is an amazing school that gets you prepared for the real world. It has many opportunities for students to apply for internships, fellowships, part-time jobs and even full-time jobs. The student-professor ratio is 12:1, so you will actually have a great relationship with your professor and with some, you can meet with them outside their scheduled office hours to help you with any questions that you have from homework assignments to tests/quizzes. The atmosphere of Bradley is amazing and there are so many clubs/organizations that you can join that you have to be involved. The dining food is alright and there are other food options to choose from on-campus, plus we are by Campustown where there are stores like CVS and restaurants like McDonald's for when you are tired of dining hall food. Even though I am still a student on campus, I am so happy that I chose to come to Bradley. Go Braves!

Eleanor

I am happy with my decision to attend Bradley University. The classes can be a lot of work, but there lots of opportunities to get help and professors are more than willing to provide additional resources. Although it is a smaller school, it was not difficult to meet new people and make close friends. Greek Life seems like a huge deal during the first two weeks of school, however, its intensity dies down. Having a car or knowing someone with a car is necessary in order to be able to fully experience everything that there is to do, and to be able to easily get off campus and do things. However, going home via the charter buses is incredibly easy and inexpensive.

Katie

Bradley University is overall a good school. The smaller class sizes allow the students to get to know the teachers and vice versa. With such a small campus, it is easy to get around everywhere. It never takes anymore than five minutes to get to a class. The food needs some improvements, however. Also, some of the building, especially the dorms, need updating.

Jaia

I thought I was going to love Bradley. It’s close to home, orientation was good, and welcome week was even better. But after the first two or three weeks, I started liking Bradley less and less. A lot of the reasons behind the dislike is personal, I had a feeling in my gut that I didn’t belong. However, there are also downsides. If you’re looking for diversity, this is not the right school for you. I lived on campus first semester and on a floor of 90 people, there were only 2 people of color, including myself. The second week of school when clubs and everything were starting, I was told by many students that the math and physics at Bradley sucks, which was is crappy for people with majors depending on those classes. As for academics, some teachers were helpful and there if you needed assistance, others were just not considerate of the fact that everybody learns differently and that college kids might not have the same way of thinking and processing information as they do. Overall, I did not enjoy Bradley, it was just not the school for me and I will not be returning for a second year.

Elsa

Based on my experience so far, it is a good school. Class sizes tend to be between 30 and lectures can be up to 60. Most professors are great communicators and are constantly emailing reminders of things coming up. It's quite easy to form relationships and appointments with professors and advisors since it's a medium-sized school.

Luke

I am a new student, but so far things seem to be going well. I think they know what they are doing, and the environment seems very positive and enjoyable. I enjoy the use of webcam feature, since I am an online student. The counseling department has been very helpful as well.

Kierra

Bradley University is an overall okay campus if your main goal is to just learn and get your degree. The campus is very small but there are a lot of things to get involved with and there are always events happening pertaining to certain majors throughout the campus.

Bradley seems like a great school. I can't wait to start school there in the fall.

Valerie

Bradley University is a wonderful college for any student looking for a reputable school that will guarantee success towards your future. All of the staff members are very intelligent and strive to help their students. The size of the school is perfect for people who like individual help as well as large classes. Everyone is very friendly and the overall environment is positive and enjoyable.

Nathan

At Bradley, my number one purpose for being there is for the academics, and they're top notch. I study Mechanical Engineering and am really enjoying it so far. Theres a lot of people who really care about there work and do a great job. There are also a lot of things and people to see on campus as well. It really builds an excellent atmosphere to be a part of. As long as you get out there and start talking to people, the choices and options are endless. Im really enjoying my time at bradley and couldn't wish for better school to be a part of.

Addison

I am getting ready to study at Bradley University in the fall of 2018. I have been accepted into the pre-med area of study and I am looking forward to attending school at Bradley. From everything I hear and know, Bradley is a great learning institution.

Elisabeth

It's a really great school with tons of friendly people. Coming to Bradley was one of the best decisions in my life.

Dylan

Absolutly amazing school. Never thought I would enjoy a small school as much as I am right now. Very underrated school. Amazing staff and teachers that encourage you to come to office hours and meet them one on one. Never felt more a part of something as I do at Bradley University.

Bradley University is a school of opportunities. I have never felt more welcomed and cared for in any other institution than here. The professors go out of their way to help their students succeed. The class sizes are ideal and it is much easier to establish a close relationship with others and professors. Faculty, students, professors and staff are super friendly and you don't ever have to be afraid of approaching them. There are plenty of clubs to become a part of so you can easily become involved.

Andrew

Bradley University strives to provide students with a quality education. furthermore, the Bradley university Speech Team holds the record for the most national championships of any intercollegiate activity with 42. Overall everyone pushes you to greatness; from the professors to the students.

Gabrielle

I like Bradley a lot. It's somewhat small but the benefits of that is that it's easier to get to know teachers and students. There's a lot of events at school that keep students interested and having fun but there's also tons of academic help all over campus including office hours. Everyone I've met is friendly and I haven't run into any bad experiences at all. I've met great people and made tons of connections. I'm excited to continue attending and meet new faces as well as learn what's next!

Alex

It is a very good school. The only problem that I have is that for some people there is not much going on during the weekends unless you are in a frat or sorority. So there are times where the campus itself feels "dead" during the weekends. Otherwise though the staff and student body is one that is fantastic to be a part of.

Mary

Bradley has a lot to offer in terms of both academics and extracurricular activities. It is a great community and offers much for its small size. Teachers are accessible and want their students to succeed. The facilities include anything that a person would find at a larger institution.

zachary

So far I have loved my time at Bradley. There is always activities open to the students on and off campus. The people on campus are also very sociable. Most of the people I have met are very nice and polite and are easy to get along with. The classes are difficult, but they do a great job at teaching the information that you need to know. Overall I have had a great time at Bradley and am receiving a degree that will help me further my career.

I love being a Bradley Brave, it is the best decision I have made pertaining to my education. First of all, the enrollment process was a breeze. My enrollment counselor is my best friend in my head. Even now, I can call or email her when I am freaking out. Beth is beyond awesome and she is just a breath of fresh air. Everyone is assigned a support coach to guide them and mine is awesome. He answers my questions and when he does not know the answer he always connects me with the right people to ask. I never feel abandoned by the staff or faculty, like some schools. I do not feel like just another number at Bradley. My teachers will talk to you outside of their "normal" business hours. They are good at what they do. I love my school so much that I brought my 1 year old his own Bradley Jacket for this Fall. I am proud to be a student at Bradley. Our girls softball team is amazing and I love watching them when I can. I recommend Bradley to anyone I meet.

Lacey

I absolutely love attending Bradley University! Every where you look there is a new opportunity to better yourself, your experience, and your resume. Professors are very knowledgeable and are willing to work with you. They truly make an effort to get to know you one on one and work with you in the best way for you. Some of my professors go as far as taking attendance and having a question you can tell the class so that everyone feels like the classroom is a safe space.

Noah

The school has many great professors who truly seem to care about the students. Many of the classes are inciting and pushes students to participate. The class sizes are medium which allows professors the opportunity to help individual student when they need it while still focusing on the bigger picture. They just spent a ton of money one a new Engineering and Business center which focused on combining the ideals of the two. "A good engineer should also know the market and how it works." In addition, they fully recommend people become involved in the many groups including the arts. In fact, nearly 40% of the Bradley Chorale are engineering majors.

Lea

Bradley University was the perfect choice for me. I love my school. Bradley has a beautiful campus, and it is the perfect size. It is a midsized school, so I never feel overwhelmed or lost. I met many wonderful people here including other students, faculty, and staff. We are always encouraged to do our best and to have fun! The academics are great, and my professors ensure to help us in every way possible. I would highly recommend Bradley University to anyone!

Bradley is a great place to attend college. Small class sizes allow students to be challenged academically as well as form relationships with their peers and professors. There are tons of extracurricular activities to get involved with on campus to gain leadership experience and develop interpersonal skills, and plenty of activities offered by student activities like free movies, on-campus concerts, and more that provide fun study breaks. From hammocking clubs to foreign language clubs to bad movie clubs, there truly is a club on campus for everyone, and if not, there's always the option to create a new club for people to join. Plus, Bradley has an adorable gargoyle mascot named Kaboom! (who happens to ride into the basketball arena for home games on a motorcycle). This is a place where students have the opportunity to grow both inside the classroom and out.

Parker

Bradley is a great school with many amazing buildings and faculty. There hasn't been a teacher I didn't love. There are rarely any lecture hall classes, the majority being classroom-sized. I have been able to make great friends here and city life is as equally amazing.

Jeremy

Bradley University is an exceptional school built on integrity and a practice of putting the student first. Based on my experience at Bradly, everyone within this recognized and renowned university cares about the students who attend. This is evident by the guidance and support provided through the application processes and into the classroom. They seek to know each student personally. They endeavor to understand each students’ strengths, goals and areas of improvement to ensure the personal and professional success of the students who place trust in this bastion of higher learning.

Kamiah

Bradley is an absolutely amazing school. Both the students and faculty are very supportive. Everyone is very kind which enables you to get the "homey" feeling while you're on campus. The bathrooms are kept clean, as well as the classrooms/buildings.

Jake

Over all I thoroughly enjoy my time being at Bradley. The campus life has always felt extremely welcoming and with a homey feel to it. There has always been something to do, whether it be on campus or in the surrounding area (my own favorite would be going hiking at one of the nearby parks around campus). All in all Bradley would be a school that I would highly recommend.

Meghan

I truly enjoyed my time at Bradley. The professors are passionate and kind. Bradley is small so the campus really rallies around each other in times of need. The English department is so kind and was always trying to help the students reach their full potential.

Nathaniel

I absolutely love it. The vibe or feeling of the campus is very pleasing. I love the professors and the classrooms sizes are just right. Clas rooms ranging from 15-25 kids is just right because it allows a good teacher to student ratio which is essential to have in order to achieve good relationships. The sports are awesome in the school having the normal, basketball, baseball, volleyball, and more just like every school. The school is located in the center of peoria, allowing the students to wander off and go shopping or to grab a good bite to eat between classes or just to go and have a good time with their peers.