Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Alyssa

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell her to never give up on her dream, and never quit applying for scholarships, never stop trying to do her best, never stop trying to succeed. I would tell her she is destined for greatness and when she really puts her mind to something nothing can stop. I would tell her to be phenomenal or be forogtten. I would remind her that history remembers those who tried, not those who said "what if". To work harder than hard, to endure what life through at her and not runaway everytime, I would also tell to fight and stand up for what she believes in even when shes standing alone.

Kaitlyn

Bradley is best known for being a great liberal arts school, and for it's basketball team. It's very well known for it's engineering and business schools as well.

It's small class sizes, accesbility to professors, and it really is a bonded community. Also, financial aid was the best out of all the schools I applied to.

I would tell myself to have faith in my own abilities. That no matter how afraid you are of being on your own that college breeds that space for you to grow. I would also tell myself to make the most of it. It will be over before you know it so don't waste time worrying about petty drama. Love your school, love your friends, and most of all do what you love, because that is the only thing thar will make this whole experience worthwhile.

If you are looking for a school with a sense of community due it its tinyness--which can definitely be a good thing--Bradley University is the place to go.

If there's one thing that I brag about at Bradley University, it is that I can hop out of bed ten minutes before class and make it to my seat on time, if not earlier. One of the luxuries of attending a smaller school is that everything that you could need is within a walking distance. You have the dorms, the cafeterias, à la carte, the quaint Campustown, the park, and if necessary CityLink to take you where you need to go.

You know what you want to do--you've wanted to do it since you were twelve. You've wanted to save lives, make differences in them, touch peoples' hearts with your own. You can do all of that once you put your mind to it. You were born with ideas, drive, persistence, vigor. It is in your last name, coursing through your veins, filling your bones, writing in your ribcage, roaring in your head. Don't get in your own way by doubting yourself and overwhelming yourself. Plan wisely. Weigh both the advantages and disadvantages before plunging into something you may regret. Once you plan, implement, and understand most of all that in the end you are the commander of your future. I believe in you.

Very intelligent, but mostly from high income families.

Very intelligent, but mostly from high income families.

You need to spend more time exploring your interests. There are a lot of scholarship opportunities available that you qualify for, and this will help you later in life. Don't take out a student loan unless you absolutely need it. Take some of the assignments you receive more seriously, these assignments will help you later in life. Spend more time reading the material, and don't worry so much about completing the assignment in relation to a grade. Focus on absorbing information because you love learning, and grades aren't as important as understanding the material.

Well organized, focused, and passionate about learning.

Jirmiah

I wish I would have know that teachers at Bradley want to know what you learned out of their class and how do you plan on using that knowledge in the future instead of you acing every test and not memorizing everything. I wish I would have known about the limited scholarships here. Also how to join a club or even a sport and just get involved it makes the whole college experience much more exciting. I wish I would have known how to save my mealplan before I came to this school.

The best thing about my school is the networking opportunities that they provide in order to get students engaged not only in school but volunteering and doing things students would have never thought they would be doing. The career center that helps student find jobs, interships as well as volunteering in the community has definately become one of the best things about Bradley University. The support that is given to students in order for them to not just exceed in college but in life.

Make sure that you don't fall into the college delimma of going out and partying every weekend just like everyone else does. Keep yourself busy with club activities and search for loads of scholarships. Personally just stay focused and complete assignments ahead of time. Stay very organized with deadlines. Look for an off campus job to help make extra cash for saving. Make sure that you stay you no matter what and stand up for what you believe in and dont let anyone tell you any different.

Jasmin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as I high school senior I would tell myself to stay focused and work hard from the start. Don't wait until I have problems in a class to receive help, get help and talk to the teacher or see tutors from the beginning so that no problems will arise in the class.

I can honestly say that I didn't need to know anything before attending Bradley. I visited the school before enrolling & I even spoke with student that were attending the school. I liked what I saw and what I heard so I also chose to attend the university. Bradley is a really good school and as long as I work hard and stay on top of my work and classes, I won't have any problems.

I wouldn't suggest a person who is a slacker or lazy to attend Bradley because work hard is important at this school. If you don't work hard or take it seriously it is easy to fail.

Hayley

Bradley University provides students with an excellent education that leads each individual toward a brilliant and succesful future.

College is a great experience and there is nothing to be nervous about!

julian

Growing up in St. Paul, I am comfortable in diverse groups of people. Bradley University, while a very mixed and varied school, lacks alot of the diversity that I am use to back home. I'd like to see it improve, and become a more diverse place. I'd like to see more students of different colors, orientations, religions, and backgrounds. I believe diversity to by a corner stone of modern learning, and I'd like to see that improve at Bradley.

I am use to metropolitan areas, and as such, I was shocked when I went to Bradley. Everything is rather spread out like a suburb, so sometimes it feels more like a commuter school. Since I live several states away, I don't have the option to leave every weekend, so sometimes it gets difficult. I was not expecting it to be as open, and seperated from the city as it is, so that was the biggest surprise I faced when going to college.

Bethany

Bradley is the ultimate school. The classes sizes are perfect for me and everything is located pretty centrally throughout campus. The classes aren't easy by any means so get to know the library! There is currently a lot of construction going on around campus but I think that it will soon be over. I'm a health science major and am already in a lot of science classes already during my fr. year so you'll know if you want to stick with that major or not. I love BU!

One of the only frustrating things that I can think of about Bradley University would be that the freshmen can't have cars on campus. If you have an off campus job, you can't apply for a parking permit but they are really slow about getting the permit to you.

I would make myself study a lot more. High school classes and the classes that you take in college are completely different. You actually have to study and know all of the material in order to get a decent grade in the class. I can say now that the library is where I am most of the time! I would also tell myself to be more spontanious and get more involved in the groups that were offered.

Justin

If I could go back, I would encourage myself to have pride and belief in myself. After leaving school to support a family, I felt regret every day. I left with frustration in my heart about my time at my first university because I felt as though I had no real worth. Since leaving my first university, I have gotten married, held a steady job, bought a house, and had a son. I did these things without a degree, which proves that it is what's inside you that is MOST important in life. As I face the future with my family, I know that the only way to achieve my dreams is to finish my degree. I have been a teacher's aide in my local middle school for 4 years, and I have rediscovered my passion for teaching. Had I had more pride and a stronger belief in myself the first time I attend college, I would be persuing my master's degree by now and solidifying my place in the education community. I am dedicated to the education of young people, and I know that my 1-year-old son, Jensen, will benefit from my example.

Everyone is welcome! I don't think anyone should avoid Bradley.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.