Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Emilie

Bradley is a close-knit community, and everyone is willing to help each other out. Classmates, friends, professors, RAs, etc are all there to help you at all times if needed. It is the perfect size to be continually seeing people you know while still meeting new people all the time.

I would tell myself to spend more time with my family. I spent my summer after high school trying to see all of my friends, and looking back 2 years later I only talk to the ones I would have been close with regardless of seeing them so much. I would tell myself to spend more time with my grandparents, because I am no longer home when they come to visit my family. I would save up more money and work in the summer, because you never know when you will want a little extra cash to go shopping or buy groceries. Lastly, I would tell myself not to worry so much about my college experience and trying to fit in, through my experiences so far I have found that it is extremely easy to meet new people and make new friends at college, and being yourself is the best way to meet these new people.

There is not a ton of spirit in the school and I wish we had a football team

Kopano

I went to an all-girls high school in Pretoria, South Africa where we wore lime-green dresses that fit poorly. The biggest achievement that one could attain at such a school was to become a prefect. I failed to do so. In hindsight, that does not matter. None of all the things I thought mattered at that time in my life, ever really did. My message to my high school senior self would simply be this: it's all gonna be ok. It all works out. It does not matter that you are not a prefect or the smartest or the cutest or the fastest or the sexiest on Civvies Days (when we could wear home clothes). It does not matter that you do not have a driving licence yet or a car, or numerous achievement awards or five (or more) best friends or even a boyfriend at the all-boys school down the road. You are still pretty awesome and loved beyond measure. One day you will believe it. Hang in there.

Alyssa

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell her to never give up on her dream, and never quit applying for scholarships, never stop trying to do her best, never stop trying to succeed. I would tell her she is destined for greatness and when she really puts her mind to something nothing can stop. I would tell her to be phenomenal or be forogtten. I would remind her that history remembers those who tried, not those who said "what if". To work harder than hard, to endure what life through at her and not runaway everytime, I would also tell to fight and stand up for what she believes in even when shes standing alone.

Kaitlyn

Bradley is best known for being a great liberal arts school, and for it's basketball team. It's very well known for it's engineering and business schools as well.

It's small class sizes, accesbility to professors, and it really is a bonded community. Also, financial aid was the best out of all the schools I applied to.

I would tell myself to have faith in my own abilities. That no matter how afraid you are of being on your own that college breeds that space for you to grow. I would also tell myself to make the most of it. It will be over before you know it so don't waste time worrying about petty drama. Love your school, love your friends, and most of all do what you love, because that is the only thing thar will make this whole experience worthwhile.

If you are looking for a school with a sense of community due it its tinyness--which can definitely be a good thing--Bradley University is the place to go.

If there's one thing that I brag about at Bradley University, it is that I can hop out of bed ten minutes before class and make it to my seat on time, if not earlier. One of the luxuries of attending a smaller school is that everything that you could need is within a walking distance. You have the dorms, the cafeterias, à la carte, the quaint Campustown, the park, and if necessary CityLink to take you where you need to go.

You know what you want to do--you've wanted to do it since you were twelve. You've wanted to save lives, make differences in them, touch peoples' hearts with your own. You can do all of that once you put your mind to it. You were born with ideas, drive, persistence, vigor. It is in your last name, coursing through your veins, filling your bones, writing in your ribcage, roaring in your head. Don't get in your own way by doubting yourself and overwhelming yourself. Plan wisely. Weigh both the advantages and disadvantages before plunging into something you may regret. Once you plan, implement, and understand most of all that in the end you are the commander of your future. I believe in you.

Very intelligent, but mostly from high income families.

Very intelligent, but mostly from high income families.

You need to spend more time exploring your interests. There are a lot of scholarship opportunities available that you qualify for, and this will help you later in life. Don't take out a student loan unless you absolutely need it. Take some of the assignments you receive more seriously, these assignments will help you later in life. Spend more time reading the material, and don't worry so much about completing the assignment in relation to a grade. Focus on absorbing information because you love learning, and grades aren't as important as understanding the material.

Well organized, focused, and passionate about learning.

Jirmiah

I wish I would have know that teachers at Bradley want to know what you learned out of their class and how do you plan on using that knowledge in the future instead of you acing every test and not memorizing everything. I wish I would have known about the limited scholarships here. Also how to join a club or even a sport and just get involved it makes the whole college experience much more exciting. I wish I would have known how to save my mealplan before I came to this school.

The best thing about my school is the networking opportunities that they provide in order to get students engaged not only in school but volunteering and doing things students would have never thought they would be doing. The career center that helps student find jobs, interships as well as volunteering in the community has definately become one of the best things about Bradley University. The support that is given to students in order for them to not just exceed in college but in life.

Make sure that you don't fall into the college delimma of going out and partying every weekend just like everyone else does. Keep yourself busy with club activities and search for loads of scholarships. Personally just stay focused and complete assignments ahead of time. Stay very organized with deadlines. Look for an off campus job to help make extra cash for saving. Make sure that you stay you no matter what and stand up for what you believe in and dont let anyone tell you any different.

Jasmin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as I high school senior I would tell myself to stay focused and work hard from the start. Don't wait until I have problems in a class to receive help, get help and talk to the teacher or see tutors from the beginning so that no problems will arise in the class.

I can honestly say that I didn't need to know anything before attending Bradley. I visited the school before enrolling & I even spoke with student that were attending the school. I liked what I saw and what I heard so I also chose to attend the university. Bradley is a really good school and as long as I work hard and stay on top of my work and classes, I won't have any problems.

I wouldn't suggest a person who is a slacker or lazy to attend Bradley because work hard is important at this school. If you don't work hard or take it seriously it is easy to fail.

Hayley

Bradley University provides students with an excellent education that leads each individual toward a brilliant and succesful future.

College is a great experience and there is nothing to be nervous about!

julian

Growing up in St. Paul, I am comfortable in diverse groups of people. Bradley University, while a very mixed and varied school, lacks alot of the diversity that I am use to back home. I'd like to see it improve, and become a more diverse place. I'd like to see more students of different colors, orientations, religions, and backgrounds. I believe diversity to by a corner stone of modern learning, and I'd like to see that improve at Bradley.

I am use to metropolitan areas, and as such, I was shocked when I went to Bradley. Everything is rather spread out like a suburb, so sometimes it feels more like a commuter school. Since I live several states away, I don't have the option to leave every weekend, so sometimes it gets difficult. I was not expecting it to be as open, and seperated from the city as it is, so that was the biggest surprise I faced when going to college.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.