Ventura, CA
Brooks Institute

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Brooks Institute

Ashleigh

If I were to go back and tell my high school self one thing it would be that boys are not worth the heartache. I remember in highschool putting too much time into having a boyfriend. I learned so much more about myself and my values as a person when I was not dating someone. I realized that life is so valuable and precious. I wish I would have not wasted so much of my time being upset that my boyfriend broke up with me. It was really not worth it. I would tell myself that no matter what everything will be ok, and that time stops for no one. So stop worrying about a boy that broke up with you and start living and being an amazing independant woman. You will learn so much more about who you are and not who people tell you you are.

friendly, inviting, helpful, outgoing,

That we have an amazing Checkout system. Where we can rent as much camera, lighting, and set equiptment as we want to help with our projects at school.

Sara

Giving students the right tools they need to succeed in the commercial photography world.

Take general education classes at a community college and save up enough money to live on your own. Apply for hundreds of scholarships, you're funding your own education! It can get expensive. GPA isn't everything; make sure you thoroughly understand all of the material you're being taught. Go into this new experience with an open heart and a solid mind. Enjoy what youthful experiences you may have now, because you're on the road to responsibility. Being an adult is tough, but very rewarding. You'll do wonderfully with the right mindset.

We have the best equipment, amazing professors, and vast opportunities to succeed and make connections for our futures. Plus we live in Santa Barbara.

Jeyla

Learn to cook! I know you hate it, but is going to be really useful when you live alone. Don't date anyone before graduating, is causing a lot of troubles to my friends. Continue writing all your ideas for stories, you will need them to write scripts. Watch as many movies as you can, so in college you can have more culture. Keep enjoying every day, once you move one, you will never go back. Listen to as many advise as you can, but chose which one you are going to follow.

People that think that making movies is easy

That we don't have a cafeteria or anyplace close to go eat. Just some vending machines but teh closes place to get food is like 5 minutes away driving

Courtney

If I could go back I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships because now that I am in college I actually can see how much everything cost. When I was in high school I always thought I would have a job that would pay enough to keep me out of debt and I didn’t know I would have to spend close to a thousand dollars on all my books each semester. Now I have to make time in my busy schedule to apply for scholarship so that I can have more help paying for my school.

Nathan

Right now the worst thing is the organization system they have in place. They are in the middle of a move right now and it has become frustating to get things accomplished with everything being shuffled from one campus to another.

The advice that I would give to my high school senior self would be to be prepared for anything and know that everything will work out for the better. When I came to Brooks Institute I was an extremely late addition. I had just applied on a Friday and school started that Tuesday. I told my family and friends what I was doing, I quit my job and I went down to Southern California with nothing but my clothes and camera gear packed into my car. When I got to Ventura I didn't have a place to stay, didn't have any friends and had to fend for myself. I slept on peoples' couches and stayed in hotel rooms all while going to school full time and trying to find a permanant residence. But now here I am 4 months later, I have great friends, a great place to stay and I am in love with my classes and I am doing very well in all of them. While I was sitting and stressing out over what to do with my life in high school, I should have been just trying new things and buckled up for the ride.

The most frustrating thing about Brooks Institute is a few of the general education teachers. Some of them are fantastic and fun, but others are boring and unpleasant.

Daisy

The University of Phoenix is best known for providing classes online without the hassle of a traditional University. The University of Phoenix provides all the necessary courses you need to be on a fast paced path to obtaining your degree.

The University of Phoenix is unique simply because they provide classes online. They are up to date on technology and are able to provide the same services as a traditional University.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would emphasize on the importance of attending college straight out of high school. Unfortunately, I was not able to begin college after high school because of family problems. I would tell my high school self to try and overcome the obstacles that are going to be placed in their path after high school. I would also tell myself that I am smart enough to go to any college and to study for the entry exams.

I definitely would've warned myself not to stay in community college for so long. Right out of high school I went to the local community college and stayed there for 4 years. After that time I was close to completing the courses for my AA in music, but decided it wasn't for me after all. I took a year off of school and tried to decide what my next move was. As late as I feel I'm starting my education, I am glad I found the Brooks Institute now rather than any later.

The helpfulness of the faculty

Sarai

I would tell myself to take as many classes that relate to what I want to study in college. I would also tell myself to take college classes if possible to get ahead on my college credits. As well as to try as hard as I could to learn and retain as much as possible. To not take the easy way out but instead to push myself as hard as I could mentally.

Tanika

Hard work and time management is essential to sucess in life as well as school. The only person who can stop you from being successful and achieving your career goals is one self. If you constantly strive for your own personal perfection and never stop improving you can attain true greatness.

This School provides excellent education in Professional photography. The instructors are working professionals in the field and have insider knowledge of the trade. This school is also very intense and provides every tool possible to be sucessful in this career.

A mature adult prepared to work extremely hard. This school is far from easy and time management is essential.

• $0

Brooks Institute administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.