South Bend, IN
Brown Mackie College-South Bend

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Brown Mackie College-South Bend

Shane

I would say Brown Mackie College is best known for their rate of graduation/certification. I believe it is around 90 percent, which is very good. And this is not by accident. The school is always there to help you in anything you need to make it.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have to say I would really tell myself that before you go into college, you really need to make sure you know what you want to do for the rest of your life. Once you know what you really want to do, set small along with larger goals so that you could stay more focused on these goals. This would have helped me focus on those smaller goals and not get so caught up in how many more years are left before I'm finished. Having those smaller and simpler goals wouldn't have felt as daunting and would've allowed me to work harder and stay more focused.

I believe the best thing about Brown Mackie is the low student numbers per class, giving us more one on one time with the teacher. Also the school is very helpful in any questions or problems you may be having. They really want you to succeed in reaching your goals

kelly

anyone who is not focused on thier future, anyone who wants a degree outside the realm of business.

the feeling of being part of a bigger whole. belonging to a group.

keep going, do not slow down, dont stop to smell the roses or even to examine them too closely. move on with life, get into a degree program sooner than later, and stay focused on your goals. understand that the things you pass over now, will be there when you complete your program, and once you've gotten your degree, the things you passed will be more easily obtainable.

Jacqueline

My classmates vary from older students to student that are right out of high school. Because of the wide variety of ages, we learn a lot from each other.

I never understood the importance of a good education until I became an adult and moved out on my own. After working many years, I discovered how important education truly is. It took me years to build up enough courage to go back to school. Knowing what I know now about college life, I would tell my younger self how important an education is and how you should not take it for granted. I would go on to say that life without a college degree can be challenging.

The most frustrating thing about my school is sometimes our credits do not transfer to other colleges or universities.

They offer one coarse a month curriculm, with flexible scheduling for people like me that have 3 kids and a career. They also do a lot of hands on teaching. You learn something in the classroom and turn around that same day and practice it in the lab.

I would say to myself, " Look college life is alot harder than you are expecting it to be. You are going to have to put in three times the effort and three times the amount of study time. Don't be afraid to ask for help to get where you want to be. That is their job, they are there to help, so ask!" I would remind myself that to be a nurse, it is going to take a lot of work but it will be worth it in the in. I would remind myself that I am a dedicated, compassionate person that could do a whole lot of good. That once I get my degree I will be able to help other. I will be given the chance to be an advocate for those who need someone to stand up for them and to ensure that they get the medical attention that they deserve and require. I would tell myself that I have amazing potential and I just need to buckle down and put in the long hours because it will pay off in the end, and I will be awarded with amazing gift to help those in need.

The type of people that are best suited for Brown Mackie are people who are dedicated, are willing to work hard and preserve. If you are like me and learn best by hands on experience then this is the place for you. They offer small class sizes and flexible scheduling, which is amazing when you have kids and a career. If you need help with financial aid, well I have found amazing help there to.

Leah

Haven't attended yet. Start Feb. 1st

Haven't attended yet. Start Feb. 1st

I would tell my self to not be in such a hurry to just leave home and actually pay attention to the choices and options that I have. Also, to actually consider my family's advice. As far as my senior year schooling, I would tell myself to try to do better in my senior english class. One last piece of advice is to not judge the other students, teachers, and environment so quick.

Someone who wants to drag out their education.

Anne-Christine

A diversity of different people, many religions, cultures, people from an array of backgrounds.

I would go back and tell myself that going to a college is not that scary. I would definately tell myself the correct ways of studying that have helped me in college. To study hard, that even though I have not study pretty much all four years it is neve to late to start. College is a new experience and a new chapter in life go with an open mind. Forget everything you had to do in high school because you will be an adult and take responsibility for everything you do. Have fun and do not feel bad for not going to a four year college. Not going to the college I thought I would does not mean I am a failure but that I am bound for success on a different path.

The type of person that should not attend this school is someone who wants to be a doctor, or anyone who is going to need more than a two year degree.

Courtney

My classmates are very helpful, diverse, and full of motivation.

My classmates are very helpful, diverse, and full of motivation.

I would tell myself to never give up. It takes time and maturity to make that final decision about school; and what you really want to go to school for. Find your passion in what you love to do in life and go for it! Your age does not matter when you return to college. Do not be afraid to follow your dream. Obstacles may get in your way, but you overcome those obstacles by setting goals and pushing yourself forward. By keeping your head up with a positive attitude and you can achieve anything!

How much Brown Mackie College donates and volunteer their time to the community of South Bend. The staff at Brown Mackie College are so wonderful and deserving! I love my school!

Brown Mackie College-South Bend administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.