Bolivia, NC
Brunswick Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Brunswick Community College

It is a pretty good school. I am part of the Early College so I do not pay for the books/classes so I can't say if the prices are good but the experience is good. I am using it for transferable credits in order to go to a university and BCC has all of the classes I want and most that I need.

McKenzie

It’s okay. Not my favorite place in the world, but it’s a good start for sure. I would definitely recommend transferring after going to BCC because that way your degree will offer you more chances of getting a job versus just having an associates degree.

Madeline

This is an amazing community college academic wise. The professors are incredible, I have never had a bad instructor in my 2 years of attending there. I feel free and comfortable asking questions. I feel like I am expanding my knowledge and growing as a person by attending here.

Windy

The staff are hit and miss. Some are very kind and others treat you like you are an inconvenience. My adviser replies to my emails and makes me feel like I'm always bothering him. My online instructor has not graded any assignments in four weeks and never responds to emails or student forms when questions are asked.

Jesse

It's a great campus to get you accustomed to college life, as well as, a great place to get quality instruction and education. I love it here and the instructors have been more than accommodating and my grades greatly reflect this. I recommend coming here more than most community colleges because it's a short drive here, it's a relatively small campus so it's easy to navigate, and the teachers generally care for their students futures.

I would tell myself that I should be more focused with my studies. School is not a waste of time. I would tell myself that I should start learning languages because that is the one thing that I am really good at. Turning in classwork on time is more important than it was in highschool, there are no make ups. The main thing would be to not to stress out as much over the small things that life throws your way.

I love the small classes.

Some one who is not sure of where they are going with thier lives.

Abby

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a High School Senior, I'd tell myself to take these sorts of things more seriously. It's never too early to apply for scholarships and grants. I'd also tell her that even though some people think that you're not college material, this is the perfect time to prove them wrong. Don't get upset when they tell you you can't, because you CAN. You ARE. You're going to go to college and you're going to hold your head up high. Even though it'll be hard the first year, what with moving out of your family's home and all, it will all be worth it. Your future is worth it. My future is worth it. You got this.

I wish I had known that it would be this difficult to try and transfer schools. However, I'm still very pleased with my decision. Earning my Associates degree at a comminuty college and then transferring to a University to get the Bachlors degree is a lot cheaper than taking all four years at a University.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of artistic programs it gives. Yes, it's a community college., but there should still be music. There's only one artistic school club, and it's not even that good. I'd love to have a Orchestra class so I can play my violin, but it seems that that dream will be out of reach until I transfer to a University.

The most unique thing about BCC is how personal and how on top of student sucess the administrative staff is. It makes you feel like they care about how your doing in classes once you arrive and everyone has such a williness to work with you.

My adive to my high school self is simple. I would say Kayla don't let people break you and there will be times where you will want to give up because your stressed but you are going to make it to walk across that stage to achieve one of your life long goals. I would say that it is okay not to be okay sometimes but in the end we will make it through. Lastly I would mention all the amazing things we are going to do at this school that made student life amazing for the students around us. All and all we will love this experience and it will make us a better person so don't be scared about if you make the right descion because anywhere we end up after this we know that we can make the best of any place.

Honestly anyone can come to BCC because it is a great stepping stone to help you get your career started or get you into a 4 year school. This school has grown and matured me so much to help me make better choices ow that I am leaving for a four year school.

Peggy

My classmates are a diverse group of men and women who have the same dream.....to care for others, to become nurses.

BCC is a public 2 year college that is known for providing accessible and affordable education to the community.

My advice to myself would be to follow my dream. Don't wait. Don't make excuses. Find a way to make it happen. I was raised in a single parent home with two older brothers. My mom provided us with lots of love and the necessary things in life. But there was little opportunity for any of us to continue our education after high school. Instead, the school had a special program for low income students like me. The school and local businesses worked together to find us jobs right after graduation. At the time I thought it was the greatest gift. I graduated on Friday, started my job on Monday, and never looked back. I buried my dream for thirty years. Then my mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I was her primary caregiver for three years. It was then that I decided it is never too late to reach for my dream. Here I am, at age 51, going back to school to become the nurse I've always wanted to be.

Brunswick Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.