Campbellsville University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Campbellsville University

Crystal

I enjoy Campbellville University. It is quite small, and the town surrounding is also quite small. It is hard to find a job, but the overall area is really nice. The teachers are all really great, nice, and interactive with the students. It is a nice campus, even though it is small. The sporting events are also nice and fun to go to on the weekends.

Cody

Campbellsville University is a great place. It’s a place I’ve began to call home. I have made several friends here and know them very well. I know some of them so well, we even have some of the same classes together. Classes on campus are so wonderful. They’re easy to schedule for, perfect class size, one-on-one time with the professors, professors have great office hours, and professors are really communicative. There are so many wonderful characteristics of Campbellsville University. Above all the classes and wonderful people here on campus, campus itself is a decent size. It’s not too big nor too little. You can walk from one corner to another in less than ten minutes and trust me that’s a good thing. Class schedules here at Campbellsville are pretty decent as well. Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays are fifty minute class days, meaning all classes are fifty minutes long unless you have a lab. Tuesday and Thursday classes are an hour and fifteen minute classes unless you have a lab. So the schedule arrangements here are very doable as well. Something special about Campbellsville University is that they require you to earn forty-eight convocation/chapel credits. These credits are earned through going to a chapel service held here on campus every Wednesday at 10 am or other convocational approved events. So if you earn at least 6 a semester you should be on track. For me that isn’t hard to do at all. This campus’s environment is well suited. The food in the dining hall is very good, way better than high school and they have different choices every day. Overall I’d give this college a 9 out of 10 for all the good work and things they do to provide and care for their students.

Cheyenne

It is a great school if you enjoy a Christian, hometown setting. Multiple people are here to love on you and help when needed. Academically, college is easier than high school made it out to be. It is one giant high school here! The class sizes are small and the teachers are always ready to help and accommodate you.

Amber

Campbellsville is an extraordinary University that I would love to attend after I graduate this fall. The food is amazing, the people are extremely friendly, and you are surrounded by people who genuinely care about you. Plus the multicultural backgrounds and Christian based campus make me feel more at ease.

Lillie

I love CU. I am a dual credit student in Somerset, but I am very involved, so I'm aware of pretty much everything on campus. I love the community that's been created here at the Somerset location. I plan to go to main campus when u graduate this year. I will enter college as a second semester sophomore because of CU. I will only lack 8 hours to be a junior. I'm so grateful for Campbellsville University!

Blake

It's a nice small university with an emphasis on Christianity. Many people live close so there is not much life on campus during the weekends, but during the week it is lively. If you're an outdoorsy person you will especially enjoy the areas not far from campus that include the lake, river, trail systems, and clay hill which is an ecological preservation. For those who are less inclined to explore the outdoors there are also things for you that can be done cheaply. Many places off campus offer discounts to students, such as $1 bowling nights on Wednesday and reduced ticket prices for the movies. The classroom experience is superb if you prefer an institute where you're not just a face in the crowd, it is an incredibly engaging atmosphere that promotes learning. Overall my experience at Campbellsville University has been a positive one thus far excluding noisy neighbors, but I believe that's a fair tradeoff for the quality of education provided by the university and the safety of the campus as a whole.

Jalen

Campbellsville provides a great environment to be in. It is a Christian university but does not force religion upon students. They invite students to learn if they are willing. The classroom sizes are just right and provide students with anything they may need to learn and succeed. There are over 20 different sports teams that offer a variety of different scholarships. Overall there are many things to be involved in on campus which makes for an environment suited for everyone.

Jahnyri

Campbellsville University is a great school. The campus is beautiful, God is a priority, and the atmosphere is positive and friendly. I love the way the nursing program is set up. Although the school is costly, CU is quite generous with scholarships.

nathelie

I got my undergraduate degree at CU as well as my masters. Now I am working at the university and I see so many opportunities for students to grow and advance that were not offered when I was an undergraduate student. Yes, there are thins that could be improved. That will take time. I feel that we are a tad behind in the times because of the "traditional" aspect of college but, eventually there will be way more to look forward to on this campus. It's a good campus for school but, it can definitely use some bolstering in the student life department.

Aubrey

I just finished my freshman year at Campbellsville University. This has been a tremendous year of growth and learning in which I am very thankful for. My professors were always available and my academic coaches helped me with any questions I had throughout the year (which was a lot). There is no hiding of the fact that they are a Christ-centered college which I love. On this campus I have met some of the most wise individuals whom I continuously learn from each and every day. The best thing about this college is how available people are to help you making the transition from high school so much easier.

Austin

Campbellsville University is a school for the people who like the small classroom environment and have the option to have 1 on 1 time with the professor. The students are pretty interactive with the athletics and every sport tends to have a fairly strong fan base around them. People are nice and will say "hello" as you walk past them towards your next class. As for having things to do there isn't much going on. Since the university is based in Campbellsville Ky. there is very little one can do for fun. However, there are a few things to do for fun, Green River is only 15 minutes away, there is a cinema in town, and every now and then there will be on campus activities going on. On weekends most students tend to leave to visit family, while another portion of the student body go to parties. Overall, Campbellsville University is a good school, it just depends on what the student is looking for in a college. Small classrooms with a smaller campus and know everyone by their first name.

Caitlin

I love Campbellsville University. I love the staff, the professors, and the people. Everyone is genuinely nice to each other. The learning environment is awesome and the room and board is fantastic. I feel like I am part of a family here. I feel like I have found my home.

I absolutely love it. I would never go anywhere else, because this place is my home. I chose Campbellsville University, because while I walked around, I felt at peace. The environment is amazing and different. Everyone is friendly and wanting to do big things with their lives. I will always be proud and be in love with the school of my dreams: Campbellsville University.

Eziakuchukwu

It’s a great school for learning , professors are more hands on with students Making themselves available whenever needed. It’s a healthy environment with diverse people to learn from. The school keeps growing and improving my time here as definitely been well spent

Carlie

I personally love Campbellsville. I enjoy the small, close knit environment. That's one of the reasons I choose to attend Campbellsville. You can get 1 on 1 time with your professor so that they can explain things you might have missed. The professors take the time to get to know you so that they can provide a more comfortable learning experience.

Brianna

I love Campbellsville University for its diversity thought the campus inside and outside of the classroom. Being a Christian based campus everyone on campus is there with open arms and a gracious smile to help with anything and everything that a student may need. This campus truly has become my new home.

Kylee

I absolutely loved Campbellsville! I knew the minute I was there, this is where I’m supposed to be! The Villiage is amazing! The cafeteria has wonderful choices for whatever you may want. The campus is beautiful and very well kept. The counselor I had was very informative and available to help with everything I need! I love Campbellsville and hope to be a student there come August!

I think it is a wonderful school filled with many opportunities to get involved with the students and professors. The staff is both friendly and available which makes for a great campus community. Furthermore, this college seems to be strong in the academic studies as it offers a wide variety of major and minor specific courses.

tucker

I personally love the campus. Its a small town and love that and the vibe it's self was able to even make my overprotective mom love it there. My favorite part is the E sports team due to how different it is to any other building on campus ; the accessibility of every building is great its around a 15 minute walk around campus so its a perfect size.

Averie

Campbellsville University has been the best decision I have made in the past two years. They have so many opportunities and always encourage the best out the students here. I have never known the importance of community until I became apart of the community here at Campbellsville. There is something for everyone and the christian atmosphere is so inviting. The campus is beautiful, the professors are amazing, and I have learned so much thus far.