Allentown, PA
Cedar Crest College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedar Crest College

Mark

My college experience has been one of understanding and self realization. Coming out of High School I knew I wanted to do something big. I applied for West Point and was able to get my congressional nomination. After attending there for a semester I discovered that the military was not for me but yet I wanted to pursue my love of computers. Getting my Associates Degree was a great feeling but I want to go back and obtain my BS in Computer Science. West Point showed me what I wanted to do and gave me the determination to do it.

Andrea

I have gotten self-confidence from this school and friends who will stick with me for life.

The school is disorganized, pricey, dead on weekends, too focused on the sciences, and filled with feminine drama.

Anyone who is conservative, poor, male, lazy, partygoer, drunk, careless, or environmentally unfriendly should not attend.

Angela

My college experience so far has taught me how to manage my time wisely. I have to balance being a full time student and working almost full time to help pay for tuition. Also it has given me a sense of self respect. I believe in myself now and I have become more confident as a person. College has given me a new outlook on schooling. I now will sit down and do my homework and stress to others the importance of school whereas in high school I slacked off not knowing how important school really is. I am ready to help those in the community and I cannot do that without schooling which is why it is so valuable to me. Without schooling I would not be able to become a licensed social worker. I want to better others lives and give other children the lives they deserve. College has mostly been vaulable because it shapes my future. Without it I have no future.

Areaona

It is a community where you won't know everybody so you meet new people but have some you can relate to.

Its not as easy as it seems. You can not be a slacker. If you choose something follow through. Do ALL work at ALL times.

They are facing low enrollment so they are changing 101 things and forgetting about current students at the college.

Kaydie

If I could go back in time I would most likely tell myself to take Honors English instead of regular English, and to pay more attention in all classes. I would also tell myself to take any/all opportunities in helping the community and to take leadership lessons. College is a rough transition but as long as your open minded you will get the job done and of course met new people along the way.

Any body that is willing to learn. This college is a great place to meet new people and learn life skills.

Well that is not a good question because anybody should attend this school, but if i have to choose it would be people that don't intend to get into a liberal arts college.

Toi

Simply, I would say to write out the important factors in accessing your educational goals and take time to consider each option. This is not to say that I did not take certain precautions before I made a final decision. But I do believe that I should have given myself more time and more options to choose from. I wish I would have really thought about what it takes to achieve a degree for me; whether it is more important to be close to family, long term financial impact(of college itself), and what I expect to even get out of obtaining the degree. Thinking back, I only felt a sense of hope for the future. It seemed as if nothing was set in stone, but that college was a place of opportunity. Within the college itself, there are the factors of professionalism and respect. It is important to really access your environment, getting a sense of what will have an influence on your life(whether it be religious based or something else). Currently, I feel the best decision was made with what I knew at the time; with the realization that you always learn more as you get older.

I would have to be how the school really tries to get the students involved in different events. The issue is only whether you have time to attend and really get involved. But overall, I feel there are so many opportunities to help students find themselves both personally and academically. For example, I recently received an email about a nutrition program offered at the school. This let me know that there is an overall concern about each students health and well-being on/off campus.

Honestly, so far the most frustrating procedure has been trying to get things straightened out with the financial aid department. It has been an ongoing process and I would rather start fully focusing on my school work at this point. The semester has basically just begun, but I wish I had been notified of a lot of things prior to the start of the semester. Other than that everything else is really okay.

Victoria

I would tell myself to apply to more schools and do everything I possibly could my senior year in high school. To enjoy the time that I have with the people I am with and get all out of it I can. Also to think long and hard about going far away and what kind of impact that is going to have on all of my relationships. Once you get to school take a chance and meet new people, as hard as it is to reach out put a little bit of yourself out there and make new friends.

The amount of emphasize on things that are applicable in the field and to be able to understand things on your own. Emphasis on practical analysis of things that will be used once you have a job. Also placement in internships and jobs.

Kristin

Cedar Crest is a small school that gives it's students the opportunitites of a large university, where students can form lasting relationships with the faculty, the administration, and of course, their peers.

Take your time, don't worry too much about growing up right away, because college is a time that is meant to be savoured. Take notes in class, pay attention and don't be afraid to ask for help (in class or out). Get involved, but not because it will "look good;" do it because you want to - that's the only way you'll enjoy college and truly make a difference. Remember to study, but don't take life too seriously. Your four years of college will be gone in a flash and the only way to slow them down is to enjoy the moments. As for those first terrifying days of being away from home, deep breaths - you'll make it through. It's okay to be sad for the era of your life that just ended, but only for moments. There's a whole chapter of fresh pages to write on, so make them good ones. Get out and meet people, discover yourself. People will ask you for the rest of your life "What college did you graduate from?" Make sure these four years are worth that publicity for the rest of your life.

The professors are always so concerned about you, not including your grades. They really want to make sure that your life as a whole is going well, and are a great shoulder to lean on if family, friends, or life in general is just driving you up the wall. Our president is also a phenomenal woman - she's extremely involved in campus life, holds office hours ever two weeks for students to come talk to her, and really cares about making the campus the best it can be.

A nice tight knit community on a beautiful campus and with small class sizes.

A nice tight knit community on a beautiful campus and with small class sizes.

It is one of the top Women's collges accorrding to Forbes magazine. The forensic program is also well known. A couple years ago, students in the pogram were asked to on the Maury show to help with DNA testing.

I would first start off by telling myself not to get lazy. All four years of high school came easy to me so I just expected college to be the same. The truth is that one must apply themselves because college is a step ahead of high school. I would also tell myselft to make sure I put time aside on the weekends to make sure all my work is done instead of waiting until sunday night to get all the work done. Having fun and hanging out with friends is great but it needs to be done in a way in which it will not interfere with school work. College is full of life lessons so pay attention and learn from all of your mistakes. Finally I would tell myself to moniter my money. Money does not grow on trees and once your bank account is empty then it is empty. It does not just magically refill itself. Having a chance to go back in time and give myself those words of advice would be an opportunity I could not refuse but in the end is too good to be true.

Cedar Crest College is very welcoming to new students and the facualty really wants the students to do their best, but the school isn't what it is made out to be because you really have to look to have a social life if you aren't involved in sports or other clubs and activites and you also have to work really really hard because the school is VERY competive.

My classmates are sometimes hard to get along with, but if you look hard enough and reach out to people they are very willing to help you with whatever you may need to succeed at Cedar Crest.

The advice I would give to myself if I could go back to my senior year of high school and talk to myself would be to just enjoy college and let go of the little things that annoy you. Always have a positive attitude because there are always people who are in more need than you are and it does help your grades and your personality develop. If you are having problems with your roommates get help immediately! There is always someone there to help you, so don't be afraid to ask for help. Your grades are more important than anything, but you do need to have some fun and relax and not stress all the time. Most of all, the advice I would give myself is to just be yourself and enjoy the time you have. Life passes too quickly and once it's gone, you can't get it back.

Cedar Crest College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.