Honolulu, HI
Chaminade University of Honolulu

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Chaminade University of Honolulu

April

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior there would be one thing I would emphasize for me to do that I am trying to catch up on now. I would tell myslef all the troubles the cost of college can causes and that there are many different scholarships out there willing to help with my education. I would explain that I need to get on top of things and start filling out more applications because I could use all the money I could get for my college tuition. Loans are something I?ve had to unfortunately take part in and now I have come to the sad realization that I will be in debt when I graduate. It will then take years to pay for my education in the long run. I am trying to take the burden of my college costs out of my mothers hands as a single parent with cancer, we are having a troubles with our finances. There are people willing to help with my education so I would beg myself to apply for as many scholarships possible because college is very expensive and hard.

I wish that before I came to attend this college I would have learned more about the surrounding cultures. The cultures here are so much different then those I am used to being around at home. I feel that if I knew more about the cultures here I would not have been so overwhelmed my first semester. Secondly I wish I could have learned more about time management. If I would have know how to manage my time better I know my first semester in school would have turned out significantly better then it did.

I mostly brag about the location. Yet there is much more I love about my school. I tell many of my friends about the class sizes. Classes here are very small compared to other universities and I can therefore get a one on one interaction with my professors. Everyone at my school is very nice and unlike other universities they seem to care about student's success our well being rather thaan just the paychecks. People here are very genuine and caring making it easy to attend school and live here in general.

Nathaniel

Small, liberal, open minded, engaging faculty that encourages students to do their best. Strong sense of community, value of service to each other as well as to the enviornment. Strongly religous but liberal and welcoming to all races, sexes, and individuals of different sexual orientations.. Faculty helps student excel even in the future by offering students chances to go on research programs and interships to help better their college education and prepare them for what the world has to offer.

The only things i would tell myself in high school is that i should apply for as many scholarships as I can, in order to not put the financial burden on my mother who is helping me pay for college.

The amount of tuition used to pay for the schooling, and not enough extra cirricular activities for all the students, there are few but not many.

Jasmine

My school is a small, private catholic school out of state with many community service opportunities available.

My school is in an area with an amazing community and has many great professors that really help me to excel in any area of work.

I would tell myself to get more help understanding a financial aid award letter. I would say to do more research on the schools that interest me and the living situations. I didn't know my school's out-of-state tuition was so high. I would tell myself to get help from people in college and not from my family because not one member has been to college. I woud learn to manage my money better. I would apply for scholarships for that college. I would tell myself to apply to school closer than my current school. I would say college life is awesome!

Kiana

The right college for your child, or yourself, would probably be class size, location, and environment. Once you feel comfortable with a college of your choice, its just a matter of moving in, discovering what is located around you (stores, food, etc), making friends, and just being yourself. Once college starts, be ontop of things so you dont get behind, but that doesnt mean you have to be studing all the time, make friends and go out and have fun! Just dont do things your not suppose to do, be wise and smart. College is suppose to be a learning experiance and making the best of friends out of it and the most important of all being independant .

I think that anyone can attend any school. It should not mater about there race, religion, or financial need. Anyone can attend Chaminade University, they are very open to everyone. This is a great school to attend.

It depends on the person. If someone likes the "city life", meaning like LA, NYC, or something within those lines, then Chaminade isnt for you. Chaminade is small and everyone knows everyone and it is located in Honolulu, Hawaii. People are very loving and welcoming. Some people like that its not too big and its not too small. Some like it because its a tropical island, and some people get bored, because theres not that much to do for night life if your not 21 or older. But if you have imagination, it can take you far.

Kristina

This university is very friendly, diverse, and academically challenging while still being able to keep a social life.

Research the college very throughly because once you choose a college that you want to go to you have to at least give it a chance befor you can go to another one. Also make sure that the college is in the place that you feel you want to be at and it has everything that you need to grow and learn there.

The worst part about my school would probably have to be a select group of people that think that they own the entire school but they really do not and slowly this group is being dispersed and separated.

Natalie

Parents, but students especially should visit the potential schools in order to get a feel for the environment. The student needs to be comfortable, both physically and emotionally. Parents and/ or students should also explore the tuition and expenses of all potential schools to find the right choice(s) financially, and their budget should be kept in mind for as long as it will take to finish the degree. Parents and/ or students should also inquire about financial aide because it could end up helping if paying tuition on their own is not possible.

Someone who is laidback and willing to have fun and get to know people. Must be friendly because the student population is small. Should want to learn in an open, friendly, and tyically a more liberal environment. Also, must LOVE the sun!

The area surrounding the school. We have the best of both worlds, the city and the beach!

Alexandria

Be sure its somewhere, where the child feels comfortable and will find enjoyable to live for the next 4 years. Also, that they should take part of what the campus has to offer. Get involved! Its a great way to meet new people and expand your opportunities for a better job outlook becuase you are able to extened your network to others who may be affiliated with the extra cirrcular activites that you child has gotten involved with.

Anyone who wants to experiecne diversity from different countries around the world and are open to new expericences!

A person who isn't open to new things or people that are differnt than themselves.

Carrie

Chaminade University is best known for it's connection with the community of Honolulu and the positive learning environment it has to offer. In 2008 CUH was awarded The Honor Roll's Presidential Award. It is the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. Students are well prepared after graduation in many different fields of study. Chaminade's strongest programs are Criminal Justice and Forensic Science and has a strong Religious program and Interior Design program among many others.

The process of finding and attending a college that is right for you may seem overwhelming. Ultimately, it is important to remember that it is your decision and your life. In that regard, find a college that reflects your values and personal style, if you're still a little bewildered arrange a few different visits and talk to current students. Choosing a college will be life changing no matter where you end up but never lose track of why you're there. A person should attend college for one important reason, to absorb an education that, that in the end, is priceless and irreplaceable. Going to college isn't always about getting the best grades, knowing the most people, doing the most activities, or getting a job. Rather, college is a portal to who you are as a person, what you stand for, what you believe in, and provides you with the resources to lead others in the same positive direction. Come time for graduation students should be able to look out over their family, friends, and community and see themselves smiling back through their hard work, determination, and positive attitude. If you can achieve that you can do anything.

Small class size. Excellent professors. Great Job opportunities. Beautiful city of Honolulu. Located in Hawaii! Tons of Activities both on and off campus. Perhaps the best thing about CUH is that the people (students, faculty, and staff) treat you like family. No one will let you slip through the cracks and be forgotten. I have made friends for life and met people from all around the world. The professors here could more appropriately be called mentors because of their strong support and motivating ways of teaching. I wouldn't trade going to Chaminade for any other school.

Christine

Find a school that best fits the students needs and morals. It all depends on the student. I have found that smaller class sizes give individual students the chance to feel like they are part of a bigger community. That "together-ness" is essential in colleges. College should be a great experience, and what better way to experience it with people who share the same values and goals as you. I would also suggest finding a college that offers a range of extracurricular activities. This will give students the chance to bond with other students they may not have the same classes with.

The school is very diverse so anyone can attend without feeling left out.

Very intimate class settings so the teacher is more available to talk to if need be. Students are all very close to each other because it is a small campus.

Chaminade University of Honolulu administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.