Wye Mills, MD
Chesapeake College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Chesapeake College

I do dual enrollment (still in high school) and have been successful in the courses I have taken. In my two semesters here, I have had nothing but positive experiences with the faculty. Overall, I don't feel very challenged, but I have only taken basic intro courses and there are probably more options for full-time students. I think Chesapeake is a great option for saving money and transferring to a four-year school, especially since most of the intro courses are similar no matter what school you go to.

Crystal

Its an okay school for people that don't like being around a lot of people and also good for duel degree or fresh out of high school. There is two different campus but there is no transportation between them for people that don't drive. Main campus has a cafe' but the other campus doesn't.

Jahnaysha

I think it’s a great community college it’s very safe and they care about you so much there. The teachers are very nice and helpful and they always want to help out! They also have great extracurricular activities for students to be in. Choosing Chesapeake college is a great choice

Takelia

Chesapeake College is a great community college on the Eastern Shore. Students from Dorchester, Kent, Talbot Caroline and Queen Anne County are either attending this college or considering enrollment. This college gives students the opportunity to face their fears and prepare for a four-year college. Chesapeake college is affordable, flexible and convenient, for students that are not quite ready to live on campus. Chesapeake offers online and night courses for students with busy schedules and Dural Enrollment for students that are still in high school. Dural Enrollment is a great opportunity to earn college credits that will appear on a Chesapeake College transcript. Chesapeake College has many academic programs (more than 70 college majors), not only can you get your associates degree or a certificate. You can enroll in career and workforce training, and non-credit courses for short-term goals such as EMT, Medical Assistant, Veterinary Assistant, etc. The staff here strive to make this environment a clean and safe environment. There’s always motivational and informative posters on the bulletin boards in the hallways. Whether you’re in need of someone to talk to or confused about which career path to pursue; guidance counselors and advisors are available for conversations. Chesapeake College also engages in activities such as concerts, social, bus trips, campus and community service projects, and festivals. Some great clubs to join are Geek Life Club, Green Team, Marital Arts Club, Gay-Straight Alliance and Outdoor Clubs. Becoming a student at Chesapeake College is one of the best decisions I made in my life. I accomplished my short-term goal in workforce training and attended school from the comfort of my home. I would recommend Chesapeake College as a great two-year college and a career starter.

Brianna

If I could go back in time like I so deperately wish I would tell myself stop playing around and take it seiously. Buckle down and get serious about college. Apply to all the scholarships you can and don't worry about what your friends are doing. School first and play later. Not everybody is who they say they are so focus on yourself and school and the rest wll come in due time.

I wish I known how fun the college could be and how many activites their are to participate in.

Chase

Knowing what I know now about college life I would have done a few things differently in high school. First, I would have taken advatage of duel enrollment through community colleges. I could have taken the classes I am enrolled in now and streamlined the process of getting to a 4 year university. Second, I would have pushed myself more by taking AP classes to also gain college credit as well as learning more rather than taking easier classes as a senior. Third, I would have developed better study habits. High school came easily to me so I never got in a good habit of studying for tests and learning from a textbook. Now in college I find myself teaching myself how to learn and with the work being much harder than high school it makes learning to do so very difficult. All of these things would have better prepared me for college life and I have been telling my 3 little brothers to learn good study habits and take advantage of the opportunities they have in high school to get a head start on their college education.

The worst thing about my school so far has been the high cost of textbooks and online access codes. I chose to attend community college to save money and prepare myself for a 4 year institution but find myself stressing about money and work rather than focusing on school. If the homework did not have to all be turned in online through various programs things would be simpler as well as cheaper for the students.

My favorite thing about my school is the small class sizes. I attended Montana State last year and having lectures with over 200 people made it hard to get to know the professors. Having all small classes around 20 make it much easier to learn and get a personalized eduction for the professor.

breann

I honestly don' t find anything unique about Chesapeake college, when I was in high school I wasn't serious about going to school. Thats how I ended up at chesapeake.

The advice I would give myself is to work harder on my studies, as well as look into many different school. I would tell myself to fill out as many scholoarships as I can. I would just want myself to focus more and work my butt off to earn better grades.

The type of person that should attend this school is something who isn't sure about what they want to do in life, someone who isn't ready to make that commitment. Chesapeake is a good college for students who want to get thier general education classes out of the way.

Brittaney

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself in highschool, I would have told myself to try harder. I know its so cliche to say this, but

I wish I had known that it would have been the same people from highschool . Knowing this I would have chosen to not wait two years to go to a university out of state, instead of a community college. It just feels as if im back in highschool.

The type of person that shouldnt attend this school would be the type of person that is ready to meet new people and have new experiences. The people that tend to go to this school are from around this area so the chances of you meeting someone you didnt know would be very unlikely.

Erica

My school is best known for their nursing program and baseball team. Many people attend Chesapeake College if they are interested in pursuing a degree in nursing. This school is also known for having older adults would wish to restart or further their previous educational experiences.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would most likely tell myself to go away to a 4 year school right after graduation. I believe the process in transferring is somewhat of a challenge and it would be much easier just to get all the credits from the same college. Living at home while going to school and holding a job is very demanding. You do not have as much time to focus on your studies because you have a normal life that you need to keep up with and continue to maintain. If I were to go away to a 4-year college upon graduation, I would have more time to focus primarily on my studies while experiencing a different living environment.

The best thing about my school would be the small classes. This is a positive attribute to have at a college because you get to know your professors better, and they can learn about you and your learning style. In a larger classroom, you do not get as much one-on-one attention as you do in a class with less students.

If I had the ability to go back in time to my senior year, I would motivate myself even more to apply for colleges and emphasize the importance of scholarships and higher education. I would also take advantage of my senior counselor because counselors play a great part in the transition of graduating high school and preparing you for college. I?m thankful that my counselor and I had a nice relationship because even though I?ve graduated, I can still call her for advice and any other concerns I have. Whether its help with sending off my transcripts or just helping me further understand the application process to college and what to expect. In conclusion, if I could advise the Michael Taylor Jr. of 2008-2009, I would tell him to stay focused on your dreams and take advantage of all your surroundings and support.

Chesapeake College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.