Chesapeake College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Chesapeake College

Loved my experience there!

Molly

Chesapeake College is a great community college to attend if your intent is a certificate, a degree or to earn credits to transfer. All the professors I had were always ready and willing to help their students. I do recommend this college for anyone to wonder what the next step is because its a great option for major exploration.

Jahnaysha

I think it’s a great community college it’s very safe and they care about you so much there. The teachers are very nice and helpful and they always want to help out! They also have great extracurricular activities for students to be in. Choosing Chesapeake college is a great choice

Takelia

Chesapeake College is a great community college on the Eastern Shore. Students from Dorchester, Kent, Talbot Caroline and Queen Anne County are either attending this college or considering enrollment. This college gives students the opportunity to face their fears and prepare for a four-year college. Chesapeake college is affordable, flexible and convenient, for students that are not quite ready to live on campus. Chesapeake offers online and night courses for students with busy schedules and Dural Enrollment for students that are still in high school. Dural Enrollment is a great opportunity to earn college credits that will appear on a Chesapeake College transcript. Chesapeake College has many academic programs (more than 70 college majors), not only can you get your associates degree or a certificate. You can enroll in career and workforce training, and non-credit courses for short-term goals such as EMT, Medical Assistant, Veterinary Assistant, etc. The staff here strive to make this environment a clean and safe environment. There’s always motivational and informative posters on the bulletin boards in the hallways. Whether you’re in need of someone to talk to or confused about which career path to pursue; guidance counselors and advisors are available for conversations. Chesapeake College also engages in activities such as concerts, social, bus trips, campus and community service projects, and festivals. Some great clubs to join are Geek Life Club, Green Team, Marital Arts Club, Gay-Straight Alliance and Outdoor Clubs. Becoming a student at Chesapeake College is one of the best decisions I made in my life. I accomplished my short-term goal in workforce training and attended school from the comfort of my home. I would recommend Chesapeake College as a great two-year college and a career starter.

I do dual enrollment (still in high school) and have been successful in the courses I have taken. In my two semesters here, I have had nothing but positive experiences with the faculty. Overall, I don't feel very challenged, but I have only taken basic intro courses and there are probably more options for full-time students. I think Chesapeake is a great option for saving money and transferring to a four-year school, especially since most of the intro courses are similar no matter what school you go to.

Perrin

Chesapeake College is a great, affordable option for a community college on the eastern shore of Maryland. The professors go above and beyond to help their students succeed and actually learn the material. Both the online and in-person offerings at Chesapeake are worthwhile. One of the things that I like best about this school is the class size. Even when there are two sections in one lecture, the class doesn't feel unreasonably large or intimidating. I felt comfortable answering questions and participating in group discussions. One aspect of Chesapeake that I don't enjoy is the advising process. We are required to have several meetings with our advisers and cannot always register for classes until they review our individual files. That can be incredibly frustrating when it comes to picking classes because the best times fill up quickly. Advisers don't always provide the best information either. Despite that, I would still recommend Chesapeake College to any high school students looking to stay closer to home and spend less money or any older individuals looking to go back and continue their education. It is a welcoming environment that I have always felt safe at.

Tabitha

As a current student, Chesapeake College is a great way to start your academic journey. When I didn't know where to go, Chesapeake College reached out to me offering plans for my AA degree. I believe a community college is a way to go before you commit to a four-year institution.

Crystal

Its an okay school for people that don't like being around a lot of people and also good for duel degree or fresh out of high school. There is two different campus but there is no transportation between them for people that don't drive. Main campus has a cafe' but the other campus doesn't.

Chloe

It is hit or miss for good professors and there are quite a few bad ones. I cannot blame Chesapeake too much since they are a community college in Maryland but, they need to update their buildings, create more events for students, and update there teaching staff. I am currently taking a business class at Chesapeake and their building is very small, the staff seems slim for business, and the building is outdated. Over all they are a good school to pass through and move on to something else, but if they work to enhance their buildings and staff, the environment will probably bring in more people than at Anne Arundal seeking an AA degree.