City Colleges of Chicago-Wilbur Wright College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for City Colleges of Chicago-Wilbur Wright College

FIRST NAME

Overall, I believe Wilbur Wright college is great. They have many clubs that can help you advance in your major, or help you figure out your major. Not only are the clubs helpful, but there are also clubs for different activities to participate in and enjoy. The advisors were very helpful, and supportive with my major. They helped me look into different universities that would best benefit me. The professors always motivated me to try harder and were understanding whenever an emergency occurred. They do their best to help the students out through extra credit, or tutoring. Another great aspect of Wilbur Wright is they offer free tutoring and have rooms you can ask to use for group study sessions. Every professor I had did their best to help us understand the subject and used different methods for us to grasp the subject better. My only problem with Wilbur Wright was the lack of an actual soccer team. I really wished they could have had a soccer team for women to join. I did enjoy their soccer club even though men mostly showed up to play, it was fun to play with and against men. I also enjoyed their md/pa club that helped me open up to different career choices, which I might want to consider later on in life. Joining these clubs helped me become more active at Wilbur Wright. This college offers many opportunities for students to get involved in different activities, as well as, learning about different career choices.

Elsy

Throughout my two years of community college, I would've liked to know that Wilbur Wright excited, for it has been the best campus I've come across since graduating high school. I've transferred from a university into a community college my first year in college and been attending Harold Washington since then. This semester, being the last semester at a community college, there is a class that could only be taken at Wilbur Wright and I regret not having attended there sooner. The environment is so peaceful-the three building are set up to look like pyramids with tunnels connected to each other for easy access across campus, enough parking for the faculty and staff, also for students, and with the high tech escalating quickly, Wilbur is quick to catch up. Administration office seating area is comfortable and staff are always so eager to help, and the professors care for their students outside the classroom. If I can go back and redo my two years, I would definitely would have applied to Wilbur sooner.

Lizeth

good

Beatriz L.

Great school! The counselors, teachers and students are very nice, friendly and helpful! The campus is very relaxing! Other staff such as security and janitors are very willing to help you out get around school! There’s clubs and discussions you can always join!

Carmina

Nice, small class sizes that make it feel like it'll be easier to find help. Many of the teachers and administrators are great at their jobs and prepared to assist in what they can. People are encouraging and it's a great place to be to ease into college.

Lily

Wilbur Wright is a well rounded campus because it is very accessible for any student. It doesn’t matter the age or race, Wilbur Wright is for everyone and the educated offered is great. The professors are accessible to students who reach out for help. The staff cares about the student education

Jiordy

I believe it is a great school for me because I can take criminal justice and corrections at my college. Also it is very close to home so I am able to get to school and home quick. I'm very excited to start my career and going to college because I'm a step closer to starting my life. I also know many people that go to Wright College so I am able to get help from my peers and ask many questions. My peers that already attend Wright have helped me with enrolling and getting my classes.

Sophia

While this college does have a lot of services for the students I believe it doesn't match up completely to the student population. The registration process is relatively efficient but financial limitations have become so much more unyielding. It has a good amount of things to do and clubs to join on campus. There is also a decent creative and artistic presence and some opportunities to be had on campus.

Ethan

It's a community college that gets the job done at an affordable price. The best part about the City Colleges of Chicago is that they have multiple locations under the same system, so you can start at one school, and end at a different one. Each school specializes in one field of a specific industry. Wright's is in Informational Technology, and Malcom's is in Medicine. Both of which fit my needs perfectly. There's no on-campus housing as the CCC is meant to be utilized by Chicago natives who are looking for the same credibility of any other institution and a fraction of the price. I'm so glad that I'm going here, because if the CCC didn't exist, I wouldn't be able to go to college at all. It's still tough to pay out of pocket since I'm paying it all by myself, along with other expenses.

Bejor

Wilbur Wright has a comfortable and easily navigated campus. With that comes student mobility and direction. Because of the fact that it is easy to get around, students and professors can worry less about navigation and more about academics. The Professors at Wright are also deserving credit. They display a level of dedication and commitment to their students that I hear isn't typically shown at other 2 year colleges. The Professsors make sure their students leave the semester with either personal or academic growth, and a true college experience must include both.

Hay Thi

Student Government Association and excellent faculty members are always helping students make their way through college years. Yet Student Concerns suggestion box is helpful in resolving the issues at Wright College. Students are easily accessible to campus facilities.

Karen

CCC-Wright has provided me with great opportunities to further my education. Although it is a small city college, you find everything you need. Professors are great and helpful whenever you need them. Advisor always try to help you succeed and find opportunities for students to thrive, not just at Wright, but any schools they transfer too. The food is not 5-star restaurant material, but it sure does the job to keep you going during exam weeks. Overall, Wright college has paved the way for me to become a better student and community person.

Maria

My overall opinion on, Wilbur Wright College, is that it's one of the best community colleges to attend. The campus feels a bit more like a university, the class sizes are great and professors there are fantastic. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Phillip

Wilbur Wright College is definitely one of the more student friendly schools among the other city colleges of chicago but it lacks security for students. Overall it's a fair school for anyone looking for a cost effective option to complete a associate degree and attend general education classes.

As a college, Wright is the right place to be for many. While it isn't my first choice, it is a good choice. Going to college is crucial for many people to move up in life and Wright college is a very affordable choice for those looking to seek their degree.

Giancarlo

My overall opinion on Wilbur Wright College is fairly decent at most. It has its mediocre moments but it could be better. There's good academic and social clubs students can get involved in. As for the professors, they are professional and are willing to help students when in need, even tutoring centers are provided. The food can be a little better and on most days it is pretty bland. I'm transferring to a university soon but my final word is that this college can be better.

I enjoy the school, it is a good junior college. The professors are excellent.

Sydney

Unfortunately, it has a political view of if you don’t agree with Chicago, you do not belong.. There are classes for an array of students and they are always full. Tuition is great and it encourages you to go full time. Some professors are very one sided in opinion and do not encourage opposition.