Grayslake, IL
College of Lake County

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of Lake County

Keilly

Facilities are great.There is a place to converse with other students and a place to study and focus on homework. Teachers are kind and most do their best to help students succeed. The staff is very kind and do their best to assist student in whatever they may need help in.

It's a good school if you want to save money and get an associates degree. I wish there were more opportunities for Bachelors degrees. The school recently updated the cafeteria and the food and diversity of options is much better than before. They're constructing a new science building (which I heard will house a cadaver lab for Bio majors). The professors and generally pretty nice but you will have the few professors that seem to find joy in watching their students struggle. There's no on campus housing since it's a community college but there are a few condos in the area. Overall okay college.

Sam

The College of Lake County (CLC) is an excellent starting point for someone looking to pursue a higher education without the expensive price tag of four year institutions. CLC has some of the best teachers that are all passionate about what they teach. Also, they are exclusively teachers, with no obligation to produce original research, and work at CLC because they want to teach. This is a commuter school so on campus housing is not applicable and off campus housing varies wildly. It has many financial aid opportunities available as well as a very helpful counseling center. I have loved my experience at the College of Lake County and would recommend it highly.

Angela

The campus is beautiful the teachers are dedicated and the people are amazing. I didn't really want to rush into school right away after high school but I went and haven;t regretted it one bit. I met my best friend for life here. I renewed my passion for my craft here and I've never been so inspired to be who I truly want to be. Going here has been an amazing life changing experience and the day I graduate will be a bittersweet one because my heart found itself at this college.

Denise

It's a great school, I'm getting the experience that I expected, and the judgement that it's a "last chance" school if you didn't do well on your ACT is wrong and unfair. The people who go there are continuing their education at an affordable price and that's what's most valuable to anyone thinking of going to college.

The affordability is has to offer in-state students.

Everyone should consider going to this school if they wanted to continue their education. It's not a bad school and your getting your education from experts in the specific class fields like you would at Universities.

The kind of person that would attend CLC is someone who wants to save up before going to the larger Universities and wants to make a wise investment.

The only thing right now would be the construction going on right now. It makes it difficult to get to classes across the school on time and it overall makes the environment too packed.

Bradley

Since I am in the honors scholar program at the school, my fellow classmates and I are considered the elite students at the college. They are very intelligent and ambitious students that deserve every bit of the full ride scholarships that they are recieving. They are very involved at the college and are doing their very best to met the potential that this college as well as they themselves have.

Do not be disappointed in the fact that you did not get the scholarships you needed to go to Northwestern. Instead of wallowing in your own self pity, take the initiative and go straight to CLC. Once there, get the best grades and get as involved in Student Governemnt and Phi Theta Kappa as you can. I promise you that if you can do this, scholarship opportunities to attend the rest of your college career for free will be opened up to you. Have a good attitude. Plan out your week and chip away at the over burden of work until you reach success. Make friends with people who believe in making the best out of life, and do not ever forget the goals we established for ourself in high school. Believe that when you try your very hardest you will achieve the very best. But above all else, don't take failure to seriously because there will always be another chance to start again. Don't stress yourself out. Everything is easier if you budget your time wisely. I hope to see you where I am today soon.

Jacqueline

Jackie, don't give up. Don't ever stop trying. You are more than just some mass of cells and organs walking around on some big rock in the universe. Don't let anybody, I mean ANYBODY ever tell you differently. There will be obstacales in life that are scary and seem impossible. There will be times where you lie in bed and cry. Pick yourself up the next morning and try again! Explore yourself, explore your world, and keep trying new things until you find THE thing that you love. I have finally found it, but I know there was a long, rough road behind me. You can achieve anything if you work hard for it, and that's what you need to do - please, work hard. Please don't let anything get in the way of your dreams. Yes, grades are important in college. Talent is important in college. What's most important, though? Motivation, determination, preserverance, and positivity. Stop saying "maybe", stop saying "what if", start saying "I will" and "I can". This is what I wish I did more during this time, and this is what I would love to tell myself if I could.

Sean

It is a good sized school with some good and bad faculty members.

It is a good sized school with some good and bad faculty members.

It is a hit or miss but most people are pretty nice but im good at talking to people; some arent focused at all and some are. Some have a future and some are there because their paents would kick them out otherwise.

I would tell myself to stay focused on what is ahead and that education is important. The popualrity isnt important because its the people that accept you that matter. I would tell myself to find myself sooner. I would tell myself to go straight into business instead of engineering because that is what i am good at. I would save up more money and start working sooner. Just remind myself that staying true to myself is all that really matters.

Thosha

Diverisity at its best. Everyone has a different story, different path, same goal to move foward.

You should have asked more questions in subjects like Enlgish and Math. College is the best decision you can make, so work harder, study more and apply for scholarships. Another thing, go volunteer more and join clubs your intrested in. Never give up no matter what the issues are at home, school, or work just remember your only goal in life is to become a veterinarian. The funny thing is in High School you hung out with good/bad crowds, stick to the good crowd. Why? because you are who you surround yourself around. Surround yourself with people who have the same goals as you.

I brag about how nice the people can be and all the resources abvailable there is.

I would tell myself to work work harder at applying for scholarships. Working full-time while going to college is not easy. I would also try to prepare myself more for the transition and tell my high school self to be more confident. I am smart, I am strong, I am a great person. I think when I was 18 I was definitely more worried about what other people thought of me than i was about school. I would tell my high school self not to worry about that and to concentrate more on being honest to who I am. I would also warn my high school self that life doesn't get easier during or after college, the responsibilities continue to pile up. High school is the time to work hard and play hard, I would tell myself to treasure those moments more. I don't know if anything that anyone says can change your direction but I would try to give myself as much warning as possible.

online classes, easy with full time work schedule

College of Lake County administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.