Grayslake, IL
College of Lake County

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of Lake County

Colleen

The College of Lake County is a clean, active, diverse school that offers a large amount of classes and provides a safe atmosphere for you to acheive your goals whether it is an Associates Degree or completeing transfer credits.

I would tell myself not to slack off senior year. I would say apply to more schools and actually look for scholarships then. School acceptance letters and scholarships don't just arrive at your door, you have to work for them and put in the time. Friends and making memories are important, but planning for your educational future should be the number one priority. I would also remind myself to send out my AP test scores so I don't have to take a bunch of classes over again.

I love the smaller class sizes. You really get to know your professor and they personally give you advice rather than having to talk to a TA. I can also reach my professors practically whenever I want. They are open and readily available to talk or make a meeting to further explain things that you are unsure of or offer you assistance for studying or editing papers. I also love that they really seem to care about my success and that I have financial constraints when it comes to school so the texts they choose aren't incredibly expensive.

Katrina

As a high school student, I excelled in academics and athletics. I graduated in June of 2000 excited to have been accepted to an out of state college. While there, I was a full time nursing student and also participated on the women's golf team. I struggled through two years of being far away from home, traveling with the golf team and trying to keep up with the course work of the nursing program. It has now been almost ten years since that journey began, and I have come leaps and bounds from the girl straight out of high school. Knowing what I know now, I would tell the eighteen year old me to wait to go to college. Although I was a good student, I was not truly prepared for the committment of the nursing program and golf team. After those two years, I gained experience and maturity working as a certified nursing assistant; my love being hospice. Now, as a twenty-seven year old woman I look back at all that I have accomplished. I am excited to bring all that I have experienced into the classroom, which will benefit my course work and college experience.

The worst attribute of the College of Lake County would be the low number of applicants allowed into the nursing program twice per year. There is a substantial possibility of being placed on a waiting list to gain entry into the nursing program. This in turn may delay career goals and life plans.

The only people that should not attend this school are those not truly ready for the commitment required to obtain a college education. The College of Lake County welcomes people from all age ranges and nationalities.

Shannon

There isn't anything unique about CLC other than the fact that there are many different kinds of people who attend. At Univerisities, there are mostly students in their late teens- early 20s, but at CLC there are people from there early teens to their late 60s. There is always something to learn from your peers about life, love and the world. That is why I love my school.

I graduated from high school two years ago and in those two years I have learned a lot about life. If I could go back and talk to my senior self, I would tell her, "Life gets better. All of the freedom you desire is coming soon and the opportunities are endless. Do not fear the unknown; the unknown is what makes life worth living. The life you know in high school is not real life. Everything is planned out for you now, but hold on, honey, life is an adventure and yours starts now. Never quit chasing your dreams and never left anyone tell you what you can't do. Live life the way you always wanted and remember: No Fear. No Regret. "

I'm not a "bragger" as a person, however, I do share my pride of being in Phi Theta Kappa. Phi Theta Kappa is the honor's society for community colleges! Being apart of that gives you bragging right for sure!

Anna

My classmates range in their ability, but it normally appears that those dedicated to finish the class and learn the most are at each class day-to-day unless ill.

I would tell myself to get involved when I first started. I would remind myself that I know it's difficult to start somewhere new and not know many people but the real thing to focus on is personal growth. Currently, I still see myself grow - I am more outgoing than I was when I first started. I am highly envolved in Student Activities Department at my school and am loving every minute of it. I have found some of the most amazing, and inspirational people because of Student Activities - Phi THeta Kappa and Program Board...Sometimes I just wished that I had became active sooner. So I would stress the importance of involvement in school as well as continuing to excel grade wise.

The worst thing about my school would have to be not having a large number of classes always offered. In example there are a few time spots during the week that there are hardly any classes offered - making one have to be at the school sometimes for 7-12 hrs a day.

Kelly

If I was a ghost watching over my high school body, while she ws filling out applications while applying for college, I would definetly give out the advice to start off at a local community college. It can save money, if the family is in a financial crisis, with the recession going on, and it could also help f one isn't ready to go away, it is close enough to home to not feel homesick. A second advice I would give my high school body, is not to procrastinate on filling out scholarships. If one procrastonates, then the opportunity of gaining money for college . Lastly, I would tell my high school body to fill out the financial aid form, even though one may not need it in the beginning, it could become helpful later on in the semester.

I have not experience one bad thing attending the community college I am currently attending

A Person that shouldnt attend a college is someone who is not willing to study and suceed in life

The College of Lake County is known for thier commitment to education and creating a comfortable learning environment. While CLC is a two-year community college, it provides excellent teachers who are always willing to help their students, and has affordable tuition costs.

When I was in high school I did not understand that it was the beginning of my future. If I were to go back in time and talk to myself about the college experiences that I have had, I would explain that high school is the start of your college career. You need to put your all into everything that you do in order to ensure that you will have a bright future. It may seem that high school doesn't matter all that much, but really it is the gateway to getting accepted into your dream college and getting that job that you have always wanted. You need to prove to yourself and others that you deserve everything because you worked hard to achieve your dream... Because hard work and dedication leads to a lifetime of happiness.

Jamie

My school is best known for having a great education at a low cost. It is also known for having a large number of intersts for each and every student. When coming to the school you are welcomed and there is always someone to guide you.

If I was able to go back in time I would tell myself to take a greater interest in my community and to take more diverse classes. Along with that I would have to give myself the advice to try different clubs and be more involved in my school. Definatly I would like to find a faculty mentor and help me learn more about my future profession.

The person who should attend here is any student. It is especially good for students looking for a cost effective education and has great teachers. It is for any student that knows what they want to be, to take classes before going to a four year college or vocational students.

Melanie

An advice I would give myself would have been to study more in high school and take it more seriously. In doing so I would have been able to get a higher gpa and lead to better opportunties. I see now how college isnt all fun and games. I take my work more seriously and study a lot more. From this I seen greater improvements and my gpa. Overall I'm much satistfied in my school work.

Nothing really surprsied me at the college of lake county. I really enjoy coming to school everyday. I love how its so diverse and how the professors are vey helpful.

I tell my friends how I'm glad to started off at a community college then going into a university right away. Beginning at a community college gave me a good insight on what my interests were and dislikes. In addition with the help of counselors and the professors I'm able to come to an decision to where to transfer next after the college of lake county.

Kristina

If I could go back in time to talk to myself about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself to focus a little more on the choises I had to make within the next few months. College life can be difficult, but it does not have to be. Yes some of the classes in college are more challenging, but you are growing up and you need to take more responsibilities for all of your actions. College life can be the exact same as high school life if you want it to be. I just takes working on your classes maybe fifteen minutes to an hour or so longer. Pay as much attention to your school work and ask as many questions as possible. The transition is not that difficult either; all it takes is going to the college a few days before your classes start. Walk around with your class schedule and find where all of your classes are located. Make sure you purchase all of your required books and supplies so you are prepared for your first day. I made friends on my first day so do not worry about that! College can be easy!!

There is no person that should not attend school. Each and every person should choose whether or not school is the path for them. Yes people tend to make more money in their lifetime if they attend school, but if a person feels school is just not for them, then they should not be pressured into doing something they do not want to do. Everyone should get the chance to do what they love, whether or not they go to school. School is for everyone, deciding what to do for the rest of your life is the hard part!

When I am talking to my friends about my school, I tell them that College of Lake County has wonderful teachers. I tell them this because every instructor I have had at CLC has wanted to help me on a one- on- one basis. The instructors know how to reach each student with any of their problems or concerns they have. When you are in an instructor's class, you get to know your instructor in a personal, professional way. College of Lake County does not only have wonderful instructors, but they are a wonderful school for everyone!

Cynthia

As a senior, the year is filled with many occasions that will mark the end or the beginning of your future. It's so easy to slack off at the end because you feel like you need a break because you've worked hard for the first three years. But finishing strong is the best thing you could do! Just going through the motions of school and doing the minimum to get by is not enough. In college, your professor is not going to be holding your hand telling you to start focusing and get back on track with your school work. If you practice that now, it will become part of your character to finish something to the best of your ability. Staying focused on what is important is key to because there are going to be a lot of distractions that are more fun than studying of writing a paper. Just do what you need to do first and the have fun later. It really pays off to be prepared for a test than just studying the night before. Work hard for what you what because what you want is not that far ahead.

The College of Lake County is so diverse in age and ethnicities. It's so awsome to have different clubs that are for different cultures such as the Latino Alliance and Asian Student Alliance to different intrests like art and language. The school really supports and embraces its different students and the needs of the studetns. In one way or anther, we all learn from eachother. They hold events that teach the community about the different clubs whis is really sharing about the different people.

A person who has a bad work ethic should not attend this school. All the responsibility of your work and grades is on you going into any college or university. The teachers are going to care if you succeed in their class, but it all falls on you to take the initiative to get help if you don't understand the material. Having a good work ethi means just that, and mastering time management. Taking the time given to you to do the best work you are able to is key to having success.

College of Lake County administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.