Grayslake, IL
College of Lake County

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of Lake County

Kurt

Join Choir, apparently there is one. Take advantage of the electronics courses first. Take statistics first.

I wish I knew that it had the social programs it had. Until my second year, I had trouble expanding into the student body. I didn't know much about the choir I joined later there either.

That's what is so excellent about the college of Lake county. So many differnt people of ages, race, and color come together in a single learning enviroment to have fun, and learn what they came to learn. My ELT151 class is the perfect example of a united group of poeple through a facination of computers.

DeAnna

focus on school because your grade will come back to bit you in the a**.

focus on school because your grade will come back to bit you in the a**.

we have small class and teacher that care

Colleen

The College of Lake County is a clean, active, diverse school that offers a large amount of classes and provides a safe atmosphere for you to acheive your goals whether it is an Associates Degree or completeing transfer credits.

I would tell myself not to slack off senior year. I would say apply to more schools and actually look for scholarships then. School acceptance letters and scholarships don't just arrive at your door, you have to work for them and put in the time. Friends and making memories are important, but planning for your educational future should be the number one priority. I would also remind myself to send out my AP test scores so I don't have to take a bunch of classes over again.

I love the smaller class sizes. You really get to know your professor and they personally give you advice rather than having to talk to a TA. I can also reach my professors practically whenever I want. They are open and readily available to talk or make a meeting to further explain things that you are unsure of or offer you assistance for studying or editing papers. I also love that they really seem to care about my success and that I have financial constraints when it comes to school so the texts they choose aren't incredibly expensive.

Katrina

As a high school student, I excelled in academics and athletics. I graduated in June of 2000 excited to have been accepted to an out of state college. While there, I was a full time nursing student and also participated on the women's golf team. I struggled through two years of being far away from home, traveling with the golf team and trying to keep up with the course work of the nursing program. It has now been almost ten years since that journey began, and I have come leaps and bounds from the girl straight out of high school. Knowing what I know now, I would tell the eighteen year old me to wait to go to college. Although I was a good student, I was not truly prepared for the committment of the nursing program and golf team. After those two years, I gained experience and maturity working as a certified nursing assistant; my love being hospice. Now, as a twenty-seven year old woman I look back at all that I have accomplished. I am excited to bring all that I have experienced into the classroom, which will benefit my course work and college experience.

The worst attribute of the College of Lake County would be the low number of applicants allowed into the nursing program twice per year. There is a substantial possibility of being placed on a waiting list to gain entry into the nursing program. This in turn may delay career goals and life plans.

The only people that should not attend this school are those not truly ready for the commitment required to obtain a college education. The College of Lake County welcomes people from all age ranges and nationalities.

Shannon

There isn't anything unique about CLC other than the fact that there are many different kinds of people who attend. At Univerisities, there are mostly students in their late teens- early 20s, but at CLC there are people from there early teens to their late 60s. There is always something to learn from your peers about life, love and the world. That is why I love my school.

I graduated from high school two years ago and in those two years I have learned a lot about life. If I could go back and talk to my senior self, I would tell her, "Life gets better. All of the freedom you desire is coming soon and the opportunities are endless. Do not fear the unknown; the unknown is what makes life worth living. The life you know in high school is not real life. Everything is planned out for you now, but hold on, honey, life is an adventure and yours starts now. Never quit chasing your dreams and never left anyone tell you what you can't do. Live life the way you always wanted and remember: No Fear. No Regret. "

I'm not a "bragger" as a person, however, I do share my pride of being in Phi Theta Kappa. Phi Theta Kappa is the honor's society for community colleges! Being apart of that gives you bragging right for sure!

Anna

My classmates range in their ability, but it normally appears that those dedicated to finish the class and learn the most are at each class day-to-day unless ill.

I would tell myself to get involved when I first started. I would remind myself that I know it's difficult to start somewhere new and not know many people but the real thing to focus on is personal growth. Currently, I still see myself grow - I am more outgoing than I was when I first started. I am highly envolved in Student Activities Department at my school and am loving every minute of it. I have found some of the most amazing, and inspirational people because of Student Activities - Phi THeta Kappa and Program Board...Sometimes I just wished that I had became active sooner. So I would stress the importance of involvement in school as well as continuing to excel grade wise.

The worst thing about my school would have to be not having a large number of classes always offered. In example there are a few time spots during the week that there are hardly any classes offered - making one have to be at the school sometimes for 7-12 hrs a day.

Kelly

If I was a ghost watching over my high school body, while she ws filling out applications while applying for college, I would definetly give out the advice to start off at a local community college. It can save money, if the family is in a financial crisis, with the recession going on, and it could also help f one isn't ready to go away, it is close enough to home to not feel homesick. A second advice I would give my high school body, is not to procrastinate on filling out scholarships. If one procrastonates, then the opportunity of gaining money for college . Lastly, I would tell my high school body to fill out the financial aid form, even though one may not need it in the beginning, it could become helpful later on in the semester.

I have not experience one bad thing attending the community college I am currently attending

A Person that shouldnt attend a college is someone who is not willing to study and suceed in life

The College of Lake County is known for thier commitment to education and creating a comfortable learning environment. While CLC is a two-year community college, it provides excellent teachers who are always willing to help their students, and has affordable tuition costs.

When I was in high school I did not understand that it was the beginning of my future. If I were to go back in time and talk to myself about the college experiences that I have had, I would explain that high school is the start of your college career. You need to put your all into everything that you do in order to ensure that you will have a bright future. It may seem that high school doesn't matter all that much, but really it is the gateway to getting accepted into your dream college and getting that job that you have always wanted. You need to prove to yourself and others that you deserve everything because you worked hard to achieve your dream... Because hard work and dedication leads to a lifetime of happiness.

Jamie

My school is best known for having a great education at a low cost. It is also known for having a large number of intersts for each and every student. When coming to the school you are welcomed and there is always someone to guide you.

If I was able to go back in time I would tell myself to take a greater interest in my community and to take more diverse classes. Along with that I would have to give myself the advice to try different clubs and be more involved in my school. Definatly I would like to find a faculty mentor and help me learn more about my future profession.

The person who should attend here is any student. It is especially good for students looking for a cost effective education and has great teachers. It is for any student that knows what they want to be, to take classes before going to a four year college or vocational students.

Melanie

An advice I would give myself would have been to study more in high school and take it more seriously. In doing so I would have been able to get a higher gpa and lead to better opportunties. I see now how college isnt all fun and games. I take my work more seriously and study a lot more. From this I seen greater improvements and my gpa. Overall I'm much satistfied in my school work.

Nothing really surprsied me at the college of lake county. I really enjoy coming to school everyday. I love how its so diverse and how the professors are vey helpful.

I tell my friends how I'm glad to started off at a community college then going into a university right away. Beginning at a community college gave me a good insight on what my interests were and dislikes. In addition with the help of counselors and the professors I'm able to come to an decision to where to transfer next after the college of lake county.

College of Lake County administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.