McKinney, TX
Collin County Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Collin County Community College District

Noaf

Collin College is practical because the classes you take here are cheaper than the same classes you would take at a universit...

Collin College is practical because the classes you take here are cheaper than the same classes you would take at a university.

Granted that I was in such a huge high school with a class of 1300 people and so much competition, I would have not tried as hard as I did in high school if I would have known I was going to end up in Collin College for two years afterwards anyway. I could've had more fun in high school and not wasted my time busting my butt to be in the top 35% which most schools don't give scholarships for. I also would have taken more duel credit courses in high school so I wouldn't have to take them in college later.

A person who does not have financial trouble and wants a full four years of a real college experience should not attend this school.

Adelaide

To be honest out of all of my four classes I only talk to about three students from my class about that class.

I would say to dream bigger at an earlier age. Start planning college earlier and not setting for just anything that is thrown at me.

Anyone that wants to get their basics done and save money to go to their dream school.

mariela

Collin County is best known for their nursing program, it is also the only public college in the county, the college offers more than 100 degrees and certificates in a wide range of disciplines. Collin College has expanded to serve about 53,000 credit and continuing education students each year.

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior I would tell my self to work harder that college is not the easiest thing in the world. I would not only push my self on grades but I would also push my self to join more groups and clubs to interact more with others. Although I say I would push my self to work hard but I would also tell myself to have fun because as soon as you step into your first classroom its like your proffesers never want you to have fun. Also another very important thing that has really hit me since I started college is that when my sister told me that she wished she could go back to high school she was'nt kidding. I would die if I could go back in time and slap my self everytime I said "I can't wait to graduate". Although going to a communtiy college may be diffrent then a university their has still been a change where I wish I could go back to being a high school senior and freeze time.

Collin has'nt really been at the top of my list meaning I would love to transfer to a University, so there really is'nt anything in specific that I havent really known about this College, it has been a come as I go experience.

Britney

Collin is where you need to be going you are going to make some of the best friends you have ever had. You are saving money but still getting a quality education and you will get automatic admissions to some univesities after you have so many credit hours. Collin is the place that you need to go.

Dont come into the school thinking that you will be in and out. Take the time to make friends from the start by talking to people. Talking to people and joining clubs helps you to make friends and make your college experice more than just class and studying.

It is a community college so everyone is welcome I do not think anyone should not attend this school

Cody

Collin College is an inexpensive way to knock out basic classes.

Collin College is an inexpensive way to knock out basic classes.

Back in highschool make the years count and don't slack on grades, submit things early and try harder then everyone else. The year will go by fast even though grades are very important stop and enjoy everyone and everything. Now as I watch people go off to college I realize that more then half of my class I will never see again and it makes you sad. Everyone goes on there own paths and you wonder if you will ever run into there path again. It gets heart wreching when your bestfriend of 10 years leaves you, not behind but lets you go on your own. The best advice that I can truly give you is work hard but play even harder.

A highschool student who wants to attend a large school.

Barbara

Most of my classmates were roughly around my age and were really nice.

Most of my classmates were roughly around my age and were really nice.

Dear Barbara, I am so proud of you for graduating high school and all the hard work you put into passing your classes. I want to let you know that you are smart enough to go to university however continuing your education at a local community college is a smart understandable decision. One thing you shouldn’t be ashamed of is your good grades. You studied so hard for them and deserve them, forget about others using you for your academic achievements, you’ll make real friends in college. Speaking of college here is a little advice; first do your research before registering for classes. You’ll want to take a look at Ratemyprofessor.com and also ask around campus for opinions on certain professors; it will help in avoiding disorganized and poor quality instructors. Next you should spend some time looking for used or rentable books online and at bookstores, use the campus bookstore as a last resort. When faced with a challenge ask for help from your professors. Your professors are there to help you all you have to do is speak up, don’t be afraid. Good luck! Sincerely, You - a 2014 Collin College Graduate

Most of the professors at Collin were very helpful and highly encouraged everyone to visit their offices if any problems occurred with homework or lectures. They also encouraged us to seek outside help if they were not available such as tutoring services, writing centers, and math labs. The helpful and caring staff and faculty at Collin was the best because they were always there when needed and were always glad to help.

Devona

My classmate are very diverse and different from one another.

My classmate are very diverse and different from one another.

Looking back at my senior year in high school there are many things I wish I could have done differently. My advice that I would give myself would be to have applied for every scholarship possible. Coming from a mid-classed family it was very difficult to find anything to apply for because my parents income was considered "too much". I was turned down by all federal grants which in result discouraged me from even trying to apply for scholarships. I wish I would have had more faith and didn't give up so easily because even if I would have recieved 1 scholarship for any amount, it would be helping me reach my educational goals with a little more ease of not having to worry about how I am going to pay for college.

I wish I would have known more about the degree plan I am on. They did not tell me information in detail which is very frustrating.

john

My advice would be to focus more on academics and treat each class like a job. The harder you work during each class would provide higher financial gain in the future. Try to become more aware that in order to succeed you must prepare yourself. The amount of preperation academicly seperates you from the rest as in a nutshell you are in competition with others in the world.

There are very long lines beginning and end of each semester. There isnt enough front staff to support the amount of students.

Those of who are wanting to recieve core credit as well as pursuing a associates degree to transfer toward a four year college.

Kimberley

It was close to home and offered the same classes that I would be taking at a major university at a cheaper rate.

If I could go back in time to my high school senior year, I would give my past self the advice to kick my butt into gear and work on winning scholarships because I have found it very difficult to find scholarships that apply to me and the few large renewable scholarships I have found applied to high school seniors only which I have had the unfortunate luck to miss out on. I would still encourage myself to attend a community college, at least for the first two years and take all of the transferable classes for my intended university for my major since the costs would be low and I could live at home without worrying about finding an apartment. It would give me time to adjust to college life from the comfort of my home without the stress of a new environment and new experiences. I regret not earning scholarships my senior year and I want to emphasize how much easier and stress free it would have been for me if I had just applied for them the first time.

Those who are not certain where they finally want to end up, or those who want to accomplish some of the classes that are required for their major at a cheaper price.

Amy

Nearly all of my classmates are goal-driven and career-focused, a few (my friends) are philosophically minded thinkers always looking at the implications of what their field means, some are particularly bright and thoughtful, and all are polite and friendly.

Having been homeschooled all my life, I had no concept of what college life would be like when I enrolled at my community college. I was equivalent in age to a high school senior and I was terrified of the unknown, but somehow I found the courage to enroll despite my fear that I would fail. If I could talk to myself at that time, this is what I would say: "Don't be afraid. College is where you will find the freedom to be yourself and learn what it means to be an adult, because your classes will test your sense of responsibility just as much as they test what you know. Don't be ashamed to ask for help understanding your lessons; we all need help sometimes, and we pay forward those who help us by helping others in kind. Talk to your professors about anything and everything -- these are the people who will show you what you are capable of, and who will encourage you to be your best possible self. You can't control where you have started, but you choose your own path and your own destination now. Do not fear the untrod road."

I was homeschooled growing up and thus terrified of college when I enrolled. I only wish I had known that it would be the best experience I would ever have, that I would meet amazing people who would help me find my voice and my calling in life, and that I didn't need to be afraid of it.

Collin County Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.