Philadelphia, PA
Community College of Philadelphia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Community College of Philadelphia

Casmera

The unique thing about this school is that it has some many subjects to major in. The school is convenient for every type of person. It doesn't discriminate and welcomes people of all ages. This school helps alot of people become success in life, even though it is a community school and not a major university.

If I could go back to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would wouldn't tell myself much because I did everything that I was supposed to do. I would just tell myself to be more social and made more memories with school trips, dances, and etc.

The worst thing about th school would probably be lack of multiple locations.

Veronica

Great personalities and more than willing to participate in TEAMWORK.

Great personalities and more than willing to participate in TEAMWORK.

I attended highschool all the way to the 12th grade and did not graduate. I ended up persuing a GED. The advice that i would have given myself would have been to stay motivated and finish. Achieve the highest grades I could achieve because it will pay off once I get to college. All the hard work will pay off in the long run. If I had a chance to do it all over I would have definitely taken that advice. I would have told myself to stay focus and I believe today I would have been farther in my education than I am now.

Community College is a great school to attend. The only bad thing that I would say about this school is t hat there is no parking if you decide to drive. There is a garage but it fills up very quickly. Academically the school is a great school to attend.

Samuel

Do not skip class, as you skip class as a freshman and pass, you start thinking that you can skip everything and pass. Your grades will suffer, and it will take you longer to complete your AA degree. Thus making it longer before you can complete your major. Also constantly study, in high school you are able to study at the last minute and pass the test, but when you get to college, the test are ten times harder. You are not able to study the night before and expect to get an A or B. By doing these things, you dont have to worry about retaking a class or withdrawing from a class. It makes life much easier and less stressful for you if you do these things.

amine

the only advice i would give myself is to study very hard to get a very high GPA , and go to the best university to study medecine, theni would advice myself to only focus on my school and study hard to be a doctor as soon as possible then go further to be a specialiste. in my free time i would only exercie and hang out with the family or some smart guys. i would also read all kind of books and make interesting search instead waste my time playing video game or chatting on internet. After i will graduate i will have the time to chill and play around, but honestly high school is the most important time to take the right way for a better futur by studying and buliding a good career.

the worse thing about my school is the enrollement service and the fianancial aid service. i think some people over there are not able to do their jib correctly and the prove is that they charged me to pay because my financial aid didn't cover all my tution but at the end of the semester they sent me a check ad a refund. i was wondering why they charged me then if there is money right there ?

the most frustrating thing about my school is the schedul. in my major we don't have much choices to pick the best schedul for us. also math and acounting teachers are not many as i was expecting. There are really few teacher who teach calculas one an two. i don't have choice , i have to take one of them because i like my major and i keep going for it and i still get A in all classes.

Colleen

A diverse collection of goal oriented, forward thinking individuals seeking higher education.

Helping young Philadelphians in the inner city get off the streets and start a higher education.

If I knew what I knew now about making the transition from high school to college life, I would have only one piece of advice for myself. That is: LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS! Although a lot of times what they say may sound crazy 99.9% of the time when it comes to making a decision about your well being a lot of times their right. All throughout high school my parents were big on me ?acting like a adult?. Telling me that being adult doesn?t mean staying up all night because you can. That school, is my number one priority and to learn and know my boundaries. When you get to college you realize just then what your parents mean. You realize that staying up all night is not an option when you have finals. That even though you may live on campus and ? what daddy doesn?t know won?t hurt him?, you don?t go to that frat party with the guy from your chemistry class or take that joint that?s being passed around. You start to realize that mom and dads constant nagging in your ear is why I can write this essay today.

Annamarie

Life, defined by all of its unexpected ups and downs, will never pause to give you a break. Nor will it stop to give you a chance to catch up. All the outside factors that complicate or enrich your life might seem out of your control for the time being. If however you can find the confidence in yourself to believe that you are capable of achieving something, you are more likely to readily face life with enthusiasm rather than doubt. You have to be willing to believe that you're a capable person. Lean on the people that believe in you and you will have an easier time believing in yourself. Its alright to ask for help when you most need it. Chances are if you do, you'll be strong enough to return it someday.

The Community College of Philadelphia happens to have an incredibly unique program called the Honors Program. It is tailored towards students who come from varying backgrounds and gives them the opportunity to familiarize them with the reality of college while at the same time giving them the tools and information they need to move on to a four year school. This program, while challenging for just about everyone, is an incredible motivation for most students who did not previously realize their ability.

The type of person that would benefit from these classes is one who appreciates a challenge while looking forward to growing as an individual. Also, if there are students that have lost their luster for academia out of a sense of hopelessness, I would recommend this program. It has an incredible way of reestablishing a sense of ability and motivation for anyone who might be feeling like they've lost their direction.

Leanne

You know what you want. Yeah, there are so many things you're interested in but you know that there is one thing that you're really determined to do. You know there is one college you're most interested in. Go see it! Being in the creative atmosphere will make you finally realize what you want! Just because your college application may not be as great as the other kids doesn't mean you don't have what it takes to be accepted. So don't give up and go to Community. It'll be a good decision if you do, but you're only wasting time to get where you want to be. Not only can you be accepted, but you are strong enough and ready for Philadelphia University. Don't waste time!

Before I started Community College, I had no idea what I wanted to do. I wish I had taken more time to decide what I was truly interested in, what I wanted to be in life and what I wanted to learn more about. Now I know all those answers. If I had figured all of this out before, I could have gone to the school I really wanted to and not wasted time.

The good thing about Community College is that it gives you the time to think about what you want to become while taking the core classes you need that will transfer when you make your decisions. In addition, the classes are smaller so your teacher will know your name. They are all so willing to help you with anything you might need and want to see you do well. Because of all this, the atmosphere is not as stressful. Being in this school has helped me to realize what I want and is helping me get there.

Soba

They have the best nursing school in the nation.

They have the best nursing school in the nation.

i wouldn't change anything. In high school, my mind was set on the career path i wanted.

My school is not bad school however, i would like to see an increse in the science classes offered.

Rochelle

My classmates seem extremely committed to their education, most of them from observation are not first year students.

If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school to speak with myself regarding the college life and making the transition. I would first tell myself of the importance of structure. Secondly, I would advise myself that it is necessary to maintain or develop a disciplined study pattern. Thirdly, I would tell myself that college is a necessary vehicle to career opportunities, however, I would also tell myself that the college life is saturated with varies cultures with rivers of knowledge, and numerous life changing experiences. Lastly, I would tell myself of the benefits of engaging in the culture of college life, applying myself with a focused mindset of openness which will result in multiple and not limited to, career opportunities.

I am honestly having a problem answering this question. The reason is, I am not experiencing a 'worst thing' at the school in which I am attending. I am impressed with my professors and my classmates are generating an atmosphere of committment. Therefore, I do not have anything that I can consider as 'a worst thing' regarding my school.

Michele

I would tell myself not to wait to go to college. Having a college degree is very important and that you should experience college life when you are young and not when you are older, married and have children to take care of

That I am not close to the main campus and the satellite campus do not offer all the classes that are needed for my major.

The price is not as expensive as most colleges.

Community College of Philadelphia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.