Johnson City, TN
East Tennessee State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Tennessee State University

Robert

This is the number one ranked school for live show production in the United States.

I joined the United States Air Force immediately after graduation from high school. I would tell myself to cherish every moment of this last year of chiidhood. Additionally, I would say to wait until January until enlisting. I would have been able to have my last "normal" holiday season with my friends and family. This would have let me enjoy Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years with those that I love. I did not realize that once you are in the military, you become an adult immediately, and there is no turning back. My transition to college was not normal. When I was discharged, I was married with two daughters. I worked full time during the day and went to community college full time at night. This was unavoidable.

In order to be successful in this program, you will have to be willing to accept that will take effort. There are long days and long nights of studying and workshops. If you are going to college to party, you will not graduate.

Justin

ETSU sadly doesn't have a football program currently however, the soccer and basketball programs are both very good. There is also a medical school right across the street so any nursing, pre-medicine, pre-pharmacy, etc. majors are great at this school.

College is nothing like high school or anything else kids are introduced to before they attend college. The freedom achieved when you leave home can be incredible, however it can also be a curse. Temptation is everywhere. The biggest challenge I have discovered is balancing school, work, time with your family, and time with friends. It is easy to come to college wanting to experience everything new and interesting you find out about and consequently letting your studies and grades suffer. I am majoring in biology and am in the pre-medicine program at my school. When I first began school I decided to join a Honors-in-Discipline Biology program which has recently turned out to be a terrible decision for me. I discovered that it involved extensive time in the labratory that I am not interested in. However in taking the scholarship for it I lost another scholarship that I can not get back, one that I could definately use next year. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would make sure to convince myself not to accept the honors scholarship and instead to take the other offer.

ETSU is a great school. I would recommend it to anyone as long as the major you're interested in is available here. The campus is relatively small compared to a lot of schools but it is a nice campus and everything you need is really close by, within twenty minutes or less. There are a lot of great teachers and the classes are good.

Katelyn

East Tennessee State University is best known for its nursing program. It has the largest nursing program in all of Tennessee. Over three-hundred students apply to the school's BSN program a semester.

If I could go back to high school I will take more dual enrollment and AP classes. I did take several AP classes, but I neglected to take time to research which classes I would need for the nursing program at East Tennessee State University. I really wish I would have taken classes at the community college that I would need instead of taking the Art class that did not transfer. I should have spent more time researching which classes would help me during my college years and not just pick a class that will help increase my GPA. I also believe I should have taken AP English, AP History, and AP Stats. If I would have taken those steps I could have started the second year of my college education in the nursing program.

I believe a person who is willing to commit to their studies should apply for East Tennessee State University. Most of the classes have over fifty students in them, so the students are required to pay close attention in lecture and get free tutoring if they need personal attention. If a student likes a large and school spirited student body, I recommend East Tennessee State University.

Chelsea

ETSU is probably most known for their nursing program. It is suppose to be really good and very competitive. We are also known, as far as student life goes, for our amazing basketball team.

First off dont skrew around. You might not think that high school is very important but trust me when you start applying for those scholarships and schools, what you did in high school determines if you get that money or if you get into that school of your dreams. It really prepares you for the classes you have in college too. When you get to college the teachers dont want excuses they dont care if you missed the homework, no second chances. Your in college and you have to be responsible. Secondly learn to get involved and be outgoing. I came from a private high school with about 300 kids to a public university of 13,000. I knew 4 people on the entire campus. If you dont make friends and get involved in things on campus you will be miserable. Making friends and joining clubs is so much fun and one of the easiest ways to make friends are by joining clubs because those people are going to have similar interests or beliefs. But even though it may be hard at first because you dont know anyone it is totally worth it to put yourself out there.

The only thing that i can really think about is that sometimes the offices are really slow as far as getting back to you on housing or financial aid information. I also wish that the Dental Hygiene program would expand and except a class each semester instead of just yearly.

I would go back and tell myself to study harder and worry about having a family latere. I would tell my self that life is already hard don't make it harder by just doing enough to get by. I would tell my self to talk to more people and get more information so I would be in a better place now. I would tell myself to try as hard as I can now why i'm there so when I get to college I wouldn't have to repeat some of the classes. I would simply tell my self do the best that you can and relaxe and enjoy life because it goes by faster than you think one you leave high school.

Jodi

The majority of my classmates are women!

The majority of my classmates are women!

IF only I could go back to high school! The first thing I would tell myself is not to worry about popularity but focus on being a friend to everyone and doing the best I could in school. I would have been involved in more clubs and organizations because in high school there are so many opportunities that you may never get a chance to participate in again. If I could go back to high school I would also be more involved in my community and get to know my teachers better so that I could get one on one help if I needed to. A big problem I had transitioning to college was all the partying and independence, so I might have talked to my guidance counselor and parents about good decision making and balancing school and fun. I guess hindsight is 20/20 but I definitely have learned so much through my college experiences!

Most of my friends go to my school but I guess I talk about the beautiful scenery that surrounds my school and the area I live in. I love all the mountains, hiking trails, climbing rocks, and nature that is so near ETSU.

Joshua

A positive and social enviorment thats worth going to.

A positive and social enviorment thats worth going to.

Never second guess anything. College life can be imitating for some people, it can be different changing your lifestyle. Change is what we experiance everyday, college maybe has some downfall or consquences when attending college, but the benifits are worth wild. Once you go to college you might lose some friends, but the people you meet in college are truely the ones you'll enjoy, while ur school only had a class around 500 to a 1000, you will meet aleast half of the college students that you would attend, imagin at least 5000 students, you'll meet aleast 2500 of those students, and least 50 of those students share a commom interest with you who share another common interest with a different student that you dont know who you can now meet. Also colleges work with students to achieve and succeed in college. So college is not only a place to learning and to get an education but to be socially involved with people that share that same common interest with. Overall college is a great place to get ahead in life.

East Tennessee State University is a great school for students who are interested in Bluegrass, which East Tennessee State University is the first college to declare Bluegrass a major. It is also a great college for students who like a small urban area where the Tri-Cites area is a great area to live in. Also this college offers a positive learning atmosphere where student can learn and enjoy college.

Ashlee

Multiple kinds of cultures in every class with friendly attitudes towards everyone.

A very friendly enviroment with different types of cultures present in every class attended too.

If I could go back in tine and talk to myself as a high school senior I would of stressed the need for being more eager to start my college education. Having a small child at the age of sixteen caused me to think I should postpone on my education and continue after my daughter had become old enough for school. I have realized that education is very important material for life if you want to succeed and that you should never delay it. I would stress that I needed to continue straight on from high school to college for my daughters life as well as my own.

Joyce

My classmates have been very friendly and helpful.

My classmates have been very friendly and helpful.

When making the decisions for your major think about what you enjoy doing even if you didn't get paid and the follow what you are best at. Also do you best and don't stress over things. Not only do your best but have so much fun because when school is over then is when the real hard work begans. Life was not meant to stress over.

It has most programs available and is located in a great area where there lakes, mountains, and just about any activity is one would like to do. The campus has many old and new buildings. The sports teams are tops. However we don't have a football team. The basketball teams were in the top ten of our district. If you like the mountains, four seasons of the year then this is the place to be.

Catherine

The advice would be to STAY IN SCHOOL -- DON'T GIVE UP -- NO MATTER WHAT!! It will be hard at first but I can overcome all the obstacles. Even if I have a family or need to work for more money, I need to stay in school. I don't want to be middle aged and working for minimum wage just because I didn't stick with it. There are so many options now for financial aid. You can do it! Keep your chin up and move forward. Night school is an option too.

The school I will be attending starting next week is very large. I am 56 years old and the walking up and down hills are the worst thing about the school. I am determined to stay in school and not give up.

I am a 56 year old non traditional student going back to college to finish my B.S. degree. My advice to other students would be to stay in college and finish no matter! There are so many options with financial aid to help you stay in school. Go to night classes if you have to. Don't find yourself middle aged with no education to speak of making not much more than minimum wage. Again, STAY IN SCHOOL! You want to be able to support yourself. There is no frustration about any school that cannot be overcome.

East Tennessee State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.