Johnson City, TN
East Tennessee State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Tennessee State University

Joshua

Look for schools that offer a wide variety in cocentrations. If you are unsure about your degree get your core curriculum completed. Talk to others who have attended the school and make sure that there are plenty of jobs available for students in the area. Look at the pevious class schedules and make sure they offer plenty of options. If you are a sociable person I would look into joining clubs or involving yourself in service. Most of all learn and have fun while doing it. (Just not too much fun!) ;)

I wish I would have known that they were going to have budget cuts and cancel alot of my classes.

Heath

Medium school with a very strong cultural diversity that is good for anyone.

Medium school with a very strong cultural diversity that is good for anyone.

If you go to college don't just sit in your dorm room all the time... get out and get involved otherwise you will never know if it was the right choice for you... As for the college... just visit them and see which one you fall for...

Anyone... There are all types of people who attend... if you love big city life it probably isn't for you except there are a lot of big cities around here that are fun to go to.

Visit as many schools as possible and talk to people other than those in the office of admissions and your tour guide.

Athletes looking to make a career out of their sport

Carla

East Tennessee State University has a great location and offers many different fields of study. I feel safe on campus and like how small the classes are.

Visit as many Colleges/Universities that you are considering. Do not hesitate to ask questions while visiting the schools. Enjoy every minute of college. Get involved on campus and enjoy your freedom. It is nothing like high school!

Marguerite

I think it is really good to just put as much research you can into the process of finding the best school. One of the best ways is to look online and search school websites. It is very important to know what kind of school you want to attend. Some people like to attend Universities, Community colleges, or Private Schools. A positive attitude is the best attitude. I try to make the best of my school experience because I know I am here and I am here for a reason. My first reason is be get an education. School is not about all fun and play. If your opinion of your school is boring than you should work on finding groups of friends and activities that will provide satisfaction.

I wish I had known some of the activities that go on at my campus. I wish I had known how financial aid can be a difficult process. I wish I had known the area of my school and where things were located and how to get around if I did not have a ride. I wish I had known all the physical activities we have. I wish I had known what would be easier classes and what would be harder.

A person how likes to be involved with all kinds of school activities. A person who does not like a big school. I think the kind of person who would like this kind of school is somebody who likes a simple and small with a country type of feeling or surrounding. A person who is interested in Nursing because this school has a really good nursing program, as well as others.

Amy

I would strongly encourage parents and students to stay close to home for school. The transition seems to really get to the students who go further much quicker than those who are close to there family. I would also encourage students to stay away from retail jobs unless you are on the higher end of the management. Retailers tend to take advantage of college student who need money and influence them in negative ways. I have know several who dropped college to work retail because they were pressured so much with the job. Do NOT worry about that job, worry about your education and career.

There are some really great teachers in some of the departments. The art department is wonderful and offers a lot to the students.

There are a lot of big classes so that makes it difficult to establish a relationship with the proffessors. The math department is not very good and parking is a joke.

They offer a Public Health Program that had a concentration in Community Health as well as School Health. This was the only college I applied too.

Make sure you like the college and that they offer the program you want. Also be aware of the class room size and student teacher ratio. Also check into Financial Aid and find out how available professors are outside of the classroom to help with classwork.

Kathleen

I think that people need to understand who they are before heading off to college. If you were born in a small town and love that small town feel, don't think you are going to love the giant universities. If you love the city and the smell and nightlife, well by all means go to the giant schools. I went to UT and I did not like it at all, I never saw professors, I had master degree level students teaching my classes. I wondered why I was paying so much. I hated having to find our scores on a paper list on the wall, not names but student number. I like the personal touches a small town college gives. If you want to be a person not a number, consider what school you will be attending.

I hate climbing the hills on campus, I could take the shuttle but I never do. Why do they always build colleges and Universities on hills anyway?

Anyone who is comfortable with a smaller city and who does not want to be lost in the giant University

Summer

Find a school that is safe. Try as many new things as possible. Meet new people. Don't be shy. Ask for help. Study, study, study. You most create and adopt good study habits. Don't go wild and do illegal things. Be good but have fun.

Most people are very laid back, and open-minded.

The best thing about this school to me personally is its location, because it is right inbetween family.

East Tennessee State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.