Johnson City, TN
East Tennessee State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Tennessee State University

Dustin

Most of my classmates are diverse, open minded, and very friendly.

Most of my classmates are diverse, open minded, and very friendly.

I have attended two colleges. My first college was Northeast State Technical Community College. The reason I went to Northeast State Tech for a year was simply to save money and thats what I did. The tuition cost was only $1,300 a semester. One might ask did I enjoy this school and my response would be no. The campus life is as close to zero as it can get! So I then went to East Tennessee State University. The tuition at this school is almost three times as much! However the campus life is 100 times better! So when choosing a college look at the academics, social life, and of course the diversity.

Some one that is negative minded.

mallory

My school focuses more on academics than anything else. The big areas of interest are the medical fields, such as nursing and physical therapy; the sciences, biology and chemistry; and the arts and humanities are also popular here.

Take your time and make sure it's what you really want. Also, know that college is a lot different than high school and make sure it is something that you are willing to work for.

advice i would give to parents/ and or students about finding the right collge would be RESEARCH. by research i mean on the comp., by other people that have or do attend the school, and also by visiting the school. go to the school and be around the surrondings to see if you like it if you feel you do, do more research and make sure you no. that is what i did though you might be like me. i research and visited etsu and i thought i would love it , i am know a sophmore and i hate etsu. i got to know the perforssers and seeing how classes are being taught . some teachers no what there talking about some dont. so if you are like me and accept a college and in your sophmore and junior year transfer to a school you think you would do better at. though i reccomend that if you are going to transfer try to do it you sophmore year if you plan to go to med school or any pre school becuase you have to get to no your perforssors for recommendations ..... well hope you find the right one, good luck!!!

there is not much things that are great at this school, besides some perforses acctually know what there talking about sometimes.

i dont like the community in the surronding of school and id ont like the people i go to school with people are rude and some of the teachers and conslers have know idea what there talking about i am a sophmore and am transfering back to utc in chattanooga were i am from, this school also cose more money than it is worth.

James

well rounded eager to learn involved open

well rounded eager to learn involved open

My advice to the parents would be that everything is OK. Your son/daughter is moving away and learning who they are and what the world is like for themselves. Your students will not forget who you are. My advice for new students would be that it is very important to be involved on and off campus. It's how you make friends and those friends will stay with you for a life-time! Always try your best to go to your classes because it's hard to catch up after you miss.

Construction- It's everywhere but it just means we are growing and inproving

Charles

ETSU brings the most bang for your BUC (bucanears), by offering a multitude of educational opportunities, as well as working together to bring a sense of cultural cohesiveness to the table within our rural community.

Our scool is a very artistic and diverse set of personalities. It embodies academics, athletics, artistic abilities and creativeness, and all sorts of other eclectic qualities. I think one thing that sets us apart from many other schools is the fact that we are more of a rural community than anything else. We have the Appalachian Mountains right next to us, so it offers a wide variety of activities for students of different majors, such as biology majors get to experience the unique wildlife, and fitness people can go skiing in the winter. It is above all: a unique university.

Firt off, don't be like I ORIGINALLY was, and think that you MUST go to some prestigous ivy-league school to get a good education. I used to think that you had to attend Harvard or Yale (no offense) or somewhere like that to get good job opportunities. Going to a university that works around YOUR schedule, has advantages for YOU personally, ignites YOUR academic fire, and that prepares YOU for the real world is the best way to go. I'm so glad my parents shed the light down on me and told me to go to ETSU, because they do work around my schedule, they have a great pre-med program for me, they challenge me academically, and the university has really prepared me for things I probably would not have learned at Princeton or Vanderbilt (no offense). Be who YOU are. Grow and mature in a university that encourages you to excell to your fullest potential, that helps you meet new people, to experience college parties, to live in a dorm, to broaden your mind and perspective (and perhaps change it). So don't go by what others say, be who you're meant to be.

Kenneth

My school is best known for its medical school, Quillen College of Medicine, and its pharmacy school, Gatton College of Pharmacy. However, it is also known for having the only master's degree in the United States for storytelling. ETSU is also known for being the most haunted school in Northeast Tennessee. Also, for any sports fans, ETSU is known to field an excellent basketball team, make it into the NCAA tournament, and blow leads against top seeded teams.

The best advice given to me before entering college was given by my grandfather. He told me to take to heart my next four years of school as they will determine every year afterward, for the rest of my life. This is the advice I would give. I think going to college, making friends, and having a social life is extremely important, but not to the extent of being trashed every night of the week just because your parents won't know. Study hard, the results will payoff. Another piece of advice I would give to high school students is to start looking for scholarships while you are still in high school. Take advantage of all the campus learning and guidance services, which are almost always free. Be involved in your school, wether it be fraternities, intramurals, or volunteering as a research assistant. Make a friend out of your professors and you will find that they are more than willing to work with you. Finally, keep a level head. If you go into college looking to party all the time, you will regret it. Be diligent and inquisitive and your college career will propel you to a lifetime of success.

The best thing about ETSU is how perfectly it caters to my career path. I am pre-pharmacy and my studies include a degree in biochemistry. ETSU offers everything I need to reach my goal of being a pharmacist, from excellent academic advisors to a campus pharmacy school. The fact that ETSU is so close to Kingsport, which is my hometown, also made the choice of attending here an absolute no brainer.

Nicholas

Make sure they pick a major that they can get a job in, and they will enjoy that job.

That you are forced to take so many worthless core classes outside of your major.

ETSU has a beautiful campus with a lot to do around town and on campus.

ETSU has a beautiful campus with a lot to do around town and on campus.

To be completely honest, choosing the right undergraduate school does not really matter. Your child, or you, will get what he/she/you put into it. I thought that I would hate my school, and I was kind of disappointed that I chose a state school, but I see now that it was the best decision for me.

People who don't work hard and who are afraid of being criticized should not attend this school.

Anna

They are very friendly, easy going, talkative, and easy to get along with.

They are very friendly, easy going, talkative, and easy to get along with.

Make sure you know what campus life is like, and be prepared to work hard. College is not easy! It requires a lot of work, and staying focused. Go look at several different colleges before you make your decision.

The fact that it is close to home, and has a great program for my major.

East Tennessee State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.