Marshall, TX
East Texas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Texas Baptist University

Daniel

ETBU is a faith based university that brings Christ and education together unlike any other university.

Daniel, don"t be an idiot when you get to school. Go to class. Do your work. Be social but set aside enough time to study effectively. You're going to love college and the friends you make there. They will be your friends for the rest of life and you will miss them when you must part ways. Seek out those friends who have the same values as you do, faith, family, serving and encouragement. Always, always keep your eyes focused on Jesus Christ, the sole purpose you're on this earth. Do all things to bring Him glory and if you think you might be making the wrong decision, you are. Turn away and don't do it. Finally, I leave you with the expression that mom has always loved to say. It's an expression that I forgot about for 3 semesters, but one that God brought back to mind: "Remember WHO you are and WHOS you are."

The community is the best aspect ETBU has to offer. Being a small school, everyone seems to know everyone here. Most everyone gets along well too. It is very easy to make friends here whom become life long friends and much like family. Faculty love their students and want to be apart of our lives and be there for us if we ever need anything. ETBU is strong faith based community and welcomes all those who come in.

Dominique

It is extremely huge, very simple to get around to each building, and has many staff members to help out the students.

I would tell myself to do way more research into scholarships, grants, loans etc. while picking a major/minor in any college. Do your best in all of your classes to keep a great GPA and to take your SAT/ACT seriously and to be prepared for all of the financial problems you will run into.

How important GPA's, SAT/ACT scores, and how much money to look forward to when choosing a major/minor.

jacob

Different. College is almost nothing like high school. The diversity of people at college makes it a fun place and a learning environment in more than one way. There is every type of person you could want to meet so its really not that hard to make friends.

Just relax. Be yourself. Have fun. Stay commited. Stay inspired. Do your best not to stress about the little things everyone has to worry a little bit about things they needs to do so they dont forget aobut them but dont over do it. Remember where you came from and the drive that you have always had and stay with it dont let anything stop you.

The diversity and the great proffesors that take their time to answer my questions and acknowledge my will to learn. The people that work here are truly dedicated and inspired in what they do.

ROLANDA

Assuming I could go back in time to my senior year in high school, I would advise myself to get a better job to help with housing payments. I would also advise myself that college is not a "walk in the park" so to speak. You have to stay focused at all times. Times are hard and money is tight, but I believe that an individual can attend any college of their choosing. Be more determined going in, and be able to brag about your results coming out. I would tell myself there will be good days and bad days, but if you make it through that 24 hours you'll get to prepare even more for the next day. There will be times you'll want to give up, but don't give into that temptation. It's not easy being a college student, nor is it suppose to be. You have to work for what you want because no one is going to hand it to you. The most important advice I would give myself is to stick it out, never give up, reach your goals, and in the end you'll be successful.

nicole

East Texas Baptist University is a community of faith.

East Texas Baptist University is a community of faith.

Dear younger me, You are extremely smart by saving money for college, but honey you need to save some more!!! College is going to be a lot different than anything you have come across so far. BE PREPARED TO WORK. Work acadmically and athletically. You think high school is tought, just wait. College will be draining at times, but it will also bring some of the best memories of your life!! Don't take any of them for granted!! Don't forget....start saving that money. You will be glad you did! Yours truly, Older you!

I wish there were more things to do on the weekend...it is a college town, but other than that I love my school!

I would tell myself to smile, love, and work hard. College is a huge transition, but if you learn to smile then you will make friends and you won't be alone. If you learn to love those around you, you will find that life can be more fulfilling when you have a greater purpose. Finally, college is not about staying up late and hanging out with friends! Work hard because you are paying a lot of money to learn!

I honestly can't think of anything really frustrating about this school!

Kyle

After making the first major mistake of my life I would go back to high school and talk myself out of going to the University of Texas at San Antonio. I would also tell myself to follow my heart and not my brain. I thought by going to UTSA on a full ride scholarship in Air Force ROTC I would be set later on in life. After the first semester of college there I found out that I was wrong in my decision, and that I had not done what God had called me to do originally. So after finding out that the Air Force was probably going to revoke my scholarship anyway I listened to God's calling. I completed the fall semester and took the spring semester off. During this time I prayed and listened to God. After much prayer and careful listening God was leading me to ETBU to play football and become a history teach and coach, like I had originally planned, and now that is what I'm doing. That is what I would tell myself if I could return to high school because that is where I found true happiness.

East Texas Baptist University is very Christian oriented. This helps build a positive and encouraging environment that the students thrive in. Personally I've been to a public college and it has nothing on ETBU. The build a strong Christian atmosphere that helps bring a smile to everyone's face. It's awesome!

I would encourage Christian students to attend this school because it is Christian oriented. The majority of the people there are Christians of different denominations.

East Texas Baptist University is absolutely wonderful and spiritually uplifing.

East Texas Baptist University is absolutely wonderful and spiritually uplifing.

The advice that I would give is this, don't get discouraged. It will be different and difficult at first but it will be a life changing experience that you will not regreat. Learn to develop good study habits before you begin college because there is a lot of work. Also, you need to have good time management skills.

A person who want to simply goof off should not attend East Texas Baptist University.

First thing you need to know is don't slack off. A lot of people say it and it is true. If you slack off in college, you will get behind and possibly fail the class, which is not something you want to happen. So, work on completing assignments before they are due and talking to teachers if you need help. From somebody who started running start, I want to say it was really worth it. I got my associate's degree when I graduated high school. I saved a lot of money and was able to stay close to home for the first two years of my college life. After community college, I am transferring to a university where I will get my bachelor's degree. If you choose not to go that path, I would definitely get everything ready before hand. This means, collect all the information, all the brochures, anything you will need for the application process. This way, you have everything you need so when you sit down you can fill out everything and know when it is due without sweating, or stressing last minute.

Charles

As years go along, you start to find yourself. You start to realize that if you’re not on the right path that you need to find God and let him guide you to the right path. You notice that everyone you think is your friend is not and you see who the people in. Only if I was more mature and responsible in high school I would have been a much better person than I am now. Because I was irresponsible, I made my senior year harder than it should have been. Procrastination and bad time management hurt me bad. Sometimes waiting until the last minute to do my work wasn’t good enough and it would be too late most of the time. Now that I’m my own man and making better decisions for myself, I feel so much better. In the back of my mind I know I’m doing the right thing and before I always knew it was wrong but I still followed. I’ve realized that if you thank him how you should and appreciate everything he has given you then it would make your days go by much smoother.

Before i attended the school it would have been nice to know that the staff in the residence department was very strict. Its hard to make yourself feel like you're at home when you cant live the comfortable lifestyle that you are used to living when you're at your parents house. The resident assistants are real strict and sometimes they forget they're students like us and not our bosses or parents.

This school is the wrong for school who are not Christians and don't believe in God. It's also not the right school for people that is more intersted in the opposite sex or partying than their school work or worshiping God.

East Texas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.