East Texas Baptist University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for East Texas Baptist University

Brailey

It is a wonderful atmosphere to grow in your education as well as your walk with Jesus. Since it is a small university, you make a lot of friends. You also get to know your professors really well. They really want to see you grow as a person. I love living life on the hill.

Kristina

I love ETBU, the environment is so friendly and the professors really care about the students. The professors really want the students to ask for help no matter what, the email response time is usually within that day or within hours of when the email was sent.

Ariana

The campus if fairly small, which is a good thing due to having a really close family of students and faculty. Everybody is engaging with each other and always spread positivity.

Stacee

Overall, I really like it here. The professors are willing to help you to get you to understand the material and pass the class, and they're usually available to talk. It can be hard starting out if you don't know anybody on campus, but if you just sit for a little bit someone will come up and start introducing you to people, so you won't be alone for long.

Fabiola

I took two classes with them my senior year. My professors were always there to help and ensured that I understood the material that was being taught. Whenever I would email them, they always responded quickly. They have a gym, and a pool! They’re both very fun! They have a Cafeteria in the student center and they sell Starbucks. The library is always a great place to study, it is always nice and quiet and easy to concentrate.

Brittney

East Texas Baptist University is a great school for many reasons. Their academic programs are very good. The teachers teach well and are very helpful. They have regular office hours but if you need to schedule a certain day with them they are very flexible. There are also a number of different events that happen on campus throughout the year so everyone has the opportunity to get involved and have fun.

Chloe

Beautiful. Encouraging. Safe. You cannot go a few steps without learning and meeting friendly people. People are very happy. I'm glad they give great emails to notify facility updates. Great recreational opportunities. Great emails notifying scholarship opportunities.

Jacob

It is a great school for anyone that wants to have a relaxed and quiet campus.

Ashleigh

ETBU is a small, Baptist university that has a warm, family atmosphere. At ETBU, you are not a number. The professors know you by name and are always willing to help, both academically and personally. The campus is awesome and so are the facilities. If you are looking for a university where you can get involved, you need to strongly consider ETBU. At ETBU, the Light on the Hill never dies.

East Texas Baptist University is a great school to attend if you are looking for a small, Private, Christian atmosphere. There are a good amount of things to do and small class sizes. Classes can have no more than a max of 40 students in each section and most are closer to 15-20. I have been in classes as small as 3 people before. The professors in almost every department try to get to really know their students and even come to a lot of the sports/fine arts events. Housing is nice and compared to most colleges you have your own room in every residents hall except for 1 guys complex and 1 girls complex for people who would prefer that set up. Residence Life also includes things like weekly scheduled activities for any students to attend, a fitness center, pool, and nice student center with game rooms. The hardest thing about this school is cost. If you can figure out the cost, it is a great place to go. Most people, including myself end up needing loans to get through their studies here.

Karla

East texas baptist university has grown me into the person I am today. ETBU just hasn’t show me a way to live and learn and be successful In life. It has also grown me in my faith with Jesus Christ. I hope I can continue to be able to attend ETBU to show others how great this school is and how much help I have gotten from them.

Avrie

I fell in love with the school when I first visited the campus and I still feel the exact same way! It is an amazing school with such a beautiful campus and overall environment. I am so excited to go back every time I leave and I truly feel at home when I am there.

Gabrielle

I absolutely love ETBU! It is filled with wholesome believers in Christ. I’ve made it my home and I met so many people to call my friends! The professors are open to help students understand material if needed. So I don’t worry about being intimidated. ETBU offers one on one tutoring in any subject, free! So it is a great way to stay academically successful as well as on fire for the Lord!

Maddison

This University is amazing! I love the coaches and the staff. The campus is gorgeous and they continue to update it to keep all their students and staff safe. Everyone is super friendly, supportive, and helpful. I couldn't ask for a better campus experience!

Isaac

This college seems to be a really good college. I have had some school mates that go there currently and they love it there. This is a very well rounded college concerning academics, athletics, and religion. ETBU would be my number one choice if i were not going to a community college.

jeremy

I have had multiple friends that attended ETBU and loved it. they have a very nice campus that is a good medium size. it doesn't feel like a city but it doesn't feel like a small back country town. the food is also great. they have a buffet line which makes it easy to get enough food as well as providing you with a variety of options.

Victoria

I absolutely LOVE ETBU. The professors are so encouraging and are always available for counseling, prayer, assignment assistance, encouragement, and joking around. The on-campus housing is a hit-or-miss. Freshmen have the best dorms, but the other dorms are not absolutely atrocious. ETBU has been such a blessing. And the coffee shop down the street, Joe Pine, is a great homework spot.

Sophie

East Texas Baptist University is a fantastic environment to receive your degree. The professors are always willing to help if you have any questions, and the campus is small, so it is easy to make friends. There are many groups and clubs you can join at ETBU that helps the students stay involved.

Monica

ETBU is a small school nestled in the woods of East Texas, although it is a nice school, there isn't much to do outside of the campus. The campus is beautiful, the people are nice, and always willing to help. All the professors I have dealt with are awesome and willing to help at anytime.

Madison

I think East Texas Baptist University is a very good school but if you are looking for a place that isn't strict and you can party all the time this isn't the place to go. ETBU is a very intelligent school and they offer so many great opportunities.