Marshall, TX
East Texas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Texas Baptist University

Charles

As years go along, you start to find yourself. You start to realize that if you’re not on the right path that you need to find God and let him guide you to the right path. You notice that everyone you think is your friend is not and you see who the people in. Only if I was more mature and responsible in high school I would have been a much better person than I am now. Because I was irresponsible, I made my senior year harder than it should have been. Procrastination and bad time management hurt me bad. Sometimes waiting until the last minute to do my work wasn’t good enough and it would be too late most of the time. Now that I’m my own man and making better decisions for myself, I feel so much better. In the back of my mind I know I’m doing the right thing and before I always knew it was wrong but I still followed. I’ve realized that if you thank him how you should and appreciate everything he has given you then it would make your days go by much smoother.

Before i attended the school it would have been nice to know that the staff in the residence department was very strict. Its hard to make yourself feel like you're at home when you cant live the comfortable lifestyle that you are used to living when you're at your parents house. The resident assistants are real strict and sometimes they forget they're students like us and not our bosses or parents.

This school is the wrong for school who are not Christians and don't believe in God. It's also not the right school for people that is more intersted in the opposite sex or partying than their school work or worshiping God.

Shelby

ETBU is people and relationship oriented, always reaching out to one another and the community.

God has blessed me at ETBU! Blessed in my dorm room, roommate, wonderful friends of all different cultural backgrounds, learning to better communicate cross-culturally and other languages, ministry opportunities to others and myself, encourgement, my classes and professors, being stretched in learning, rides from others, finding a church to plug into, and a work study job at the campus library. My first semester I was on the dance team; I got exercise and was able to develop great friendships! I performed and gave support at home football games. I am not on the dance team now, but I feel that God is preparing me for what He has for me. I am now a leader of the prayer ministry in our Baptist Student Ministry on campus. I'm excited, God is moving not only in my life and the lives others all around campus, but in the lives of the community. I am also a senator of the Student Government Association. Being a voice for my fellow students, to improve campus life. I have such a big heart for people, and God has given me more opportunities to share love with others at ETBU than I ever imagined.

Before coming to college, I wish I had better time management. I also wish that I had not allowed myself to stay up so late all the time; being tired for class makes it really hard to learn and get as much out of it. I also wish that I had looked into the different student organizations more, so that I could have known from the start what they had to offer for me personally and been aware so that I could come into college with a more focused purpose.

ETBU is best known for thier religon program. The program is hard, but when your class is hard most people learn more than that subject in the end of the class. You learn life lessons in those classes. ETBU is also known for their athletic training program. They have one of the best athletic training programs.

I belive that ETBU is uniqe because of the community. The school is placed in the middle which I think is cool, because it is like the whole community of Marshall is trying to surrond the school. ETBU also has the best program for my major and the other schools did not have as good of a program. I also love how small the campus is. You get to know so many more people that way.

"You teach best what you most need to learn."- Richard David Bach. I have recieved so much from my fist semester of college. I have learned that in college you need to study more that you do in high school. An example of this would be in my hardset class I did not study for one of the tests and I had such a hard time on that test. I have also learned to manage my time so that way im not having fun all day when I need to be doing homework. You also learn how to be on your own. An example of this is you do not live with your family any more, and you can't always depend on them to tell you what to do and when to do it. School is what you make of it. If all you want to do in college is party that is your choice. To me that is alot to pay just to party., but if want to learn then that is worht the money to me.

Annisa

I know of a song that says that high school never ends. This song has a lot of meaning to me who is only half way through my first semester at college. Being from a poor white family with no trackable ethnic inheritance for many generations (my family came on the Mayflower!), it is hard to find scholarships that are compatible with my needs. It is just like high school all over again. The rich kids come to school in their fancy cars, wearing all brand name clothes while I stand alone is a sea of others just like me that are dull and don't shine at all. It isn't for lack of trying. I wanted to wear pretty clothes and be a teacher's pet, but with a disabled father and a mother who is unsure of what to major in, I was always in a tight spot for money which was a constant stress. College is just the same, or maybe even worse. You are lost in a new world with new rules, but unlike the rich kids, you don't have parents paying for you. A lesson for the poor in college: Find a mentor!

the campus is beautiful. you can talk to the President any time you want very accessible

my college experience thas been totally what i expected because i chose a school that was compatable with wth i believed. They are really supportive and preparing me for standing o my on two feet and developing my mind and spirit for my profession. i cnose to marry to live the kinds of life that i felt was right under Gods Laws. The Professors understood and supported our decisions.

this a university thta cares about it students . they are based on christian principles and teach the Worl needs throught the Love o f God

Kathryn

It is my home away from home; very friendly, sociable and easy to get involved if you really want it; as well as having small classes which always students to receive more attention from their professors.

I have really learned how to study and achieve on my own. My professors were amazing and very dedicated to each student. The class sizes were small, which I really enjoyed. There were lots of opportunites to get involved with social life on campus, something was always going on. I really learned how to maintain my social life and school work but allowing myself to be incharge of my decisions instead of my parents. This campus is not in a big city, which helps to maintain focus in school and get more involved on campus.

All of the rules and regulations, basically what is expected of the students. Also there is a 75% attendance policy, which means you must attend that much of class to pass, if you miss 25% of class you will automatically fail.

Mitch

My classmates range from friendly and compassionate to apathetic and unconcerned so it all depends on the individual how they perceive their classmates.

College pesonifies the transformation that a person experiences as they change from an ignorant, arrogant teenager to a more knowledgeable, understanding adult. During these four years, I was challenged and pushed to think and to work harder without anyone else pushing me to succeed. I was on my own. I had to take ownership for my actions and my education, and this universal, invaluable experience of college is what I cherish the most as I move towards the next phase of my life. Now, parts of my ignorant, arrogant self still surive, but they are no longer allowed to roam freely during my daily interactions. Instead, I had to face ideas that challenged me and that filled the holes of my knowledge, which were originally created by my arrogance and ignorance.

Students who want a Christian education in a conservative environment and who want to experience college life without the drugs and alcohol as they deepen their faith in Christ and build lifetime relationships should attend ETBU.

Emilee

Know exactly what you want in a University. When you step on the campus and you fall in love with it, you will know that this is the one! Do not let anyone influence your decision on what University is best for you; you are the one that will be going there for the next 4 years. As you transition from a high school student to a college student: get to know everyone and share a smile with everyone you come in contact with. Get involved, stay involved and influence everyone around you to do the same. Be proud of who you are and what you have to offer to your University and to your friends that you make along the way. Take pride in your work and do not be afraid or ashamed to ask for help from your peers or your professors. Be ready to study harder than you ever have before but know that when you are done, it was all worth it. Prepare yourself to miss your family terribly but know that you have a great foundation that got you where you are today and always remember that they are your greatest support during this adventure.

East Texas Baptist University is a small campus with a large campus feel. It is a great school that offers a challenging curriculum and competitive sports programs in a Christian environment. The professors are always available to help and they want you to succeed. It is a wonderful Christian atmospher with great students and faculty. The student body is small which makes the class sizes small and that gives you a better learning environment. ETBU, makes available to all students, opportunities to be involved in and outside the community, through volunteer work and available activities.

A person that wants a gorgeous, small university (about 1350 students) that offers a great education with a strong Alumni in a Christian based environment with both a challenging curriculum and competitive sports programs. It is a friendly and homey campus and it is easy to get to know the student body and faculty and because of the class sizes, there is alot of student / professor interaction and the professors are always available to help.

Jana

My classmates are very diverse, some are very spiritual and focused on school some are very worldly and like to party drink and smoke all the time and some are only in college foe sports but they are all for the most part, great people to get to know.

It is not really known, most people have never even heard of it but if it had to be known for something probably it's southern baptist rules.

Jana, I know you think that you have a lot of time and everything will fall into place but the truth is that is not how the real world works. Choosing the right college takes a lot of work and time. You know the most important things to you in a University are; 1) a Christian University 2) a small/medium size population 3) a chance to play softball. Going off of these three musts in a college you can narrow it down. Next, you should decide if you want to stay in state or go out of state. Going on campus trips is a must!!! Virtual tours are nice but they still do not give you the true feel. You should talk to current students and faculty members at each university. Keep your mind open. After visiting every potential University sit down visualize yourself at every school and think not only of what the school can do for you but also how you may impact the school. Asking for someone else's opinion is fine but remember in the end this is your life!! Lastly and most importantly pray that God will guide you to make the right decision.

East Texas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.