Elizabethtown, PA
Elizabethtown College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabethtown College

Lauryn

They are a mix of all four grades. Most likely, they are in your same major but not always. They are very diverse with race, ideas, and interests.

I would advice myself as a senior to really think about my morals and stay strong to what I believe in. When you go to college you meet so many different people and you rarely find someone who agrees with everything you do or believe in and it is important to not sway from what you had believed in before. You should keep an open mind to new experiences and ideas because you might want to change our values over time, but many traits people carry with them all throughout college and remain true to themselves. It can be hard sometimes to be your own person and do what you know is right when everyone else is doing what is fun, but sticking to your morals and values will never lead you astray.

Robert

Elizabethtown College is a small college but one that is dedicated to quality higher education.

My classmates are diverse and driven by their goals.

First of all, I would tell myself not to wait. Nothing in this life is worth sacrificing a good education. Second, don't take for granted things you think are unimportant. Things like reading and writing. You may think that these are useless for adult life and your career goals but they are anything but useless. Reading and writing give you critical thinking skills that can apply to everything you do. These skills also help you to appreciate life more and to understand the world around you. Education is expensive and time consuming yes but the cost of complacency is much higher. You don't want to wake up when your almost 40 years old wondering what you have done with your life or what difference you have made. Lastly, most of us will have children someday and what better way to set an example for them then to succeed in your educational goals.

Jordan

its not as many kids as a state college the classes are smaller.. the meals are prepared better and there is more to offer the major i chose has its own department or wing and is amazing. and for sports the i play basketball the support is overwhelming whether it be the students or the community or family coming to cheer you on

Take your time in deciding where to go.. Choose your friends wisely as sometimes the friends you make arent always the friends that want to be with you.. they always want something.. College classes are not like high school and the learning is so much different..if you are having problems adjusting dont try to take it on yourself, talk to a friend or a parent.. i got stressed and overwhelmed but my dad helped me to calm down and take one day at a time.. Also call your family as much as possible as they are there for you all the time no matter what.. As a Freshman male you want to be strong and know everything but you you arent and need help once in a while..Moms are good for that they know exactly what you need, whether its money, a coat, laundry det or just are you ok...at least i got a call.. the other thing dont take on too many classes as the paper work and essays can be harsh and the professors grade a lot harder. this is my advise to others..the things i have learned so far..

the weather is so cold because its on the hill. i dont have a car my first year so im stuck up at school sometimes

I would tell myself to not be so worried and nervous about college. In high school, especially senior year, I was very scared about what it would be like to live away from home, if I would have trouble making firends, or if the school work would be too hard. I am glad I took a chance and went to Elizabethtown College, though, because, so far, I have had fulfilling experience. I suppose the advice I would have given myself would have been to more self-confident and more accepting of the fact that I can successful.

Friendly, nice/kind, hard-working, respectful, responsible

Jaclyn

I would tell myself to not bring nearly as much clothing with me. I would also tell myself to get over my shyness because that took me a while once I actually got to this school. Also, it's important to know that trusting my gut is a good idea: from taking classes to making decisions about social occassions, everything needs to be well-thought out, but a gut decision could mean the difference between taking a class that's at an appropriate level, or taking a class you'll actually enjoy being in.

I wish I had known that the theatre program only does one musical every other year.

Parking on campus is a problem because of the amount of students who have cars.

Danielle

The atmosphere is so friendly, and not arrogant in the least. You can walk by almost anyone and get a smile or a kind word, even if you've never been there before. I feel very at home.

Definitely take the time to take tours, stay overnight, and learn as much as possible about your school. I was lucky enough to come to a school I didn't know very much about and love it, but that is not always the case. Make sure that the program is everything you hope so you can succeed the most. Get involved and don't be worried if you don't immediately make friends, no matter how small the school (because I go to a small school), there will be people who you fit in with. Good luck!

I wish I would have seen more of the campus and taken a tour before applying and attending this school.

First I would suggest making a list of colleges that you are interested in. Then visit them. Upon visiting them, make sure the school offers your program of interest, and any extracurricular activities that you may be interested in, such as sports. You also should look at the campus community. Another words will you feel safe and comfortable at the campus? After all, this will be a home away from home. You should enjoy your experience. In addition to these things, it might be valuable to speak with the professors there to get to know them. Something important to me was the size of classes. I didn't want to be just a number to the college; I wanted to have as much individual attention as possible. I would look into class sizes suitable for yourself. Additionally an important factor is financial aid. I would look deeply into this to ensure you can fund your education. Once you are finally at your college you should become involved as much as possible and go above and beyond academically. Most importantly, enjoy your college life because you only get it once! (And call your parents once in awhile. They will miss you!)

Students here like to work hard and play hard, are here for the overall experience and so participate in many extracurriculars and social activities in addition to classwork.

Knowing what you really want in a college is hard without experiencing life at the school, so, while doing a lot of research is important, it's usually the visit that makes the most impact on a decision. It's important to tour the campus, talk to students and faculty, and eat in the cafeteria. Visit more than once, if possible. See the school in all types of conditions: rain, shine, weekday, weekend, daytime, evening. The more you know about a school, you will be better equipped to make a good decision that will help you stay happy at your school of choice for years to come.

When I first walked on Elizabethtown College's campus, I knew it was the place for me. Go with your initial reaction to a school, and take advantage of all the school has to offer.

It is a beautiful campus and the education is top-notch.

I did not get much assistance with finding a job upon graduation.

College is not about the name of the school or how many well-known professors teach there or even about the fit. The college application process creates more stress than necessary for, in the end, a college is a college. In this single place, a student meets his friends, his future colleagues, and his counselors of life. It is necessary, when attending college, to grasp experience rather than let it flow through your fingers. Make friends, be involved but, more importantly, reflect. There come times in a person's life when introspection is his most valuable asset. College is one of those times. As you live and grow with others, and as you learn to grow apart from your family and friends at home, always consider who you are becoming and who you want to be when the experience is over. College is a crossroads; be aware of the path that you choose.

That there is nothing to do in Elizabethtown.

Be forewarned: Elizabethtown College presents itself as the perfect liberal arts school with engaging faculty and a drive to learn. Really, it's just another college located in the middle of a cornfield. There is nothing to do on the weekends, unless you like to party and even then I am led to believe the social life is lacking. However, if you want excellent one on one professors, this is the place to be.

Elizabethtown College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.