Pompano Beach, FL
Everest University-Pompano Beach

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Everest University-Pompano Beach

Kristen

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Everest University Online is an online school, however Everest has many campus locations as well. It allows students to do their work when they are able, and mange their time well. You must be able to manage your time, very important. Even though it is an online school requirements are still the same. The school work is not any easier just because it is online, in fact sometimes it is harder. I have attended a campus college as well, and the essay requirements were no where near as much as Everest. It is a great way to learn, I have learned so much more from Everest!!

Describe a typical weekend.

A typical weekend for myself at Everest University Online is course work on Saturday (always due on saturdays), and Sundays are days to relax and reflect what is to come in the upcomming week.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to Evererst University Online, because it allows me to creat a schedule that I am able to manage my family time, school time, and work time. I always have time for my family, the professors work within the fields they teach, so they are great at the information they provide.

You must participate in order to get good grades. Talk to your professors if you are having a problem, most of them are very understanding. Complete all work as thy sylabus says, make sure you follow it and you should do well.

What are your classes like?

My classes allow me to do my work at a pace which I am able. I am able to schedule my work schedule and family schedule. It is great to have courses online in order to complete my work when I have the time to do so.

There are a lot of hands on activities for the field which one is studying. This helps with the learning process.

Tell us about your professors.

Some of the professors are very nice, and helpful. There are a few that are not consistant with the grading. Even though you do two assignments exactly the same they will grade you different. Most of the professors are very fair with the grading though. It is great to have professors that work in the field of the courses. They are very knowledgable in the subjects.

Considering I take online classes the only stereotype I have come accross is that online learning is easy, therfor not as beneficial. I am not sure the correct term for this, maybe not "real" college students. I do not feel that this stereotype is accurate. I was a campus student in the past, and I feel that my online learning at times becomes more difficult. In most instances online students have to communicate via email, or discussion boards. It is easy to get frustrated when the material is not understood, and it is harder to learn without a "professor" teaching the class. We have a lot of reading material, and basically the professor to ask questions to, and is involved in the discussions at times.

Lynette

My overall opinion is that this is a great school but I think that the school need to teach the students online better. We are given a book and a slide show. The slide show says the exact same thing the book does and no more so we are not given more indepth information that could help us to better succeed in our classes.

My college is the best and the student assistance are awesome.

You get to take as many courses as you want to at a time as long as you can handle them.

What are the most popular classes offered?

The most popular classes are technology classes.

I don't drink. Will it be hard for me to go to parties?

No it will not be hard for you to go to parties. Just be yourself and don't let anyone change who you are or persuade you to do anything you don't want to do.

What do people really wear to class?

I have heard that people where the normal clothes on campus. But while online you can do your work in your PJ's or whatever! That is the awesome thing about going to school online.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go back to school because all of my kids were starting school and I knew I wanted to finish the education that I started before having kids.

Do you feel like you changed a lot?

Yes I would have to say so. I am more knowledge, more outgoing, focused, and ready to set and reach goals for my career

How often should I phone home? Is once a day too much?

No I do not think that once a day is too much. I think it will be perfect until you feel comfortable being on your own.

I wish someone would have told me how much time it would require and to be more prepared with ink for my printer!

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

I am not on campus but I would suggest you to get your work done in the library where you are free from distractions

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

The hardest thing I would say would be getting used to the fact of being in college and not in high school. You have to motivate yourself now whereas before you had teachers and parents to do that job. But once you get to the point where you motivate yourself it is simple.

What are your classes like?

My classes are online classes. You start out with three courses and then you can add on how many courses you want quarter to quarter depending on what you can handle. If your grades are low then they will not allow you to pack on too many courses. I am taking 5 courses right now which will allow me to get out of college much faster then most schools.

Tell us about your professors.

I really love my professors. They are not the type that are hard on you or don't care about you. They answer your answers within 24 hours since my school is online. They are always helping me out in whatever situation I bring to their attention and I love it. I could not have chosen a better school.

The students at my school are very outgoing and they are very motivated to get their degree. We all help each other out as best as we can in order to make sure everyone gets the most out of our college experience.

My favorite classes are the classes that have videos that can help me out with the work in the class. These classes are majority of my technology classes. I really like some of my professors because they listen to what I say and then go out of their way to make sure I understand anything that I am confused about. I can say the education is geared towards getting a job but I also see it being geared to older adults and not students who have just come out of high school

The stereotype that I have heard at my school is that black are more liable to drop out earlier than anyone. Right now I can not say it is accurate.

Brenda

Because courses are online and students live in many different states there is not any meeting place outside of school.

The students have been very open minded. I have seen many Christian comments in my courses, such as God Bless or a simple I thank God for my education. In this manner it is comforting to me and no one tries to push any one to believe the same things that they believe it is just a heartfelt sentiment expressed in kindness. Many students telll of their children or life experiences and share openly pictures. It is good to get to know each other in a more personal way.

I am majoring in Medical Insurance Billing and Coding. This was my choice because I am familiar wtih this line of work. I was surprised that I have been so challenged in my courses. I thought I knew most of what I needed to know. I found out that I was wrong and I am glad I took this major. I think I am a better employee and person for taking my classes. Students are very friendly and willing to offer advice. It has been a competive school in a since that I do not know what grades others are receiving but, I still feel a need to excel and be able to help my classmates if I can.

I feel that most people feel that taking online classes allows errors and cheatine to take place. It is not true. Working in an online setting is just as challenging as any in class session I have ever taken, and their are a lot of ways that school work is checked for plagiarism and cheating is not tolerated.

Kristie

How often should I phone home? Is once a day too much?

If you are a person that has little interest in leaving home then you must check on online education. It has so many advantages to the right person.

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

Remembering how to actually study and applying myself was the first hurdles. I finally figured out that doing the assignments is only a part of the education. The rest is to really learn and use the skills to your advantage.

Do you feel like you changed a lot?

I am in the final week of my second semester. Do not think that online is an easy way to go for college. Clollege is college. I am focused on studying and learning I am not interested in hanging out or partying or joining clubs and such. However time management is a must and school must be your priority. You are held to the same academics as students that go to a college campus. My priorities had to change and the determination to do well and learn all I can is probably my biggest changes, I have alot more self confidence and set my standards high. This is coming from a person that is a slacker at heart! Low self-esteem. That is not the case for me, in just 24 weeks I have grown up a lot and it is about time since I just turned 43.

There are no stereotypes to deal with when you attend school online.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

The best part for me is no commute and no peer pressure. Virtual classrooms in my online courses are wonderful and require only learning. The social life is not my style and being the mom of three grown children I would feel out of place at a campus.

What do people really wear to class?

The beauty of online schooling...you can wear anything you wish or do not wish. I generally am in pajamas of some sort when I am on the computer because comfort is the key. It is also economical as well because you have no school clothes shopping to do.

I don't drink. Will it be hard for me to go to parties?

There are no pressures to deal with if you attend online college.

That you will spend countless hours on your computer, and if you do not type very well, do not worry, after the first semester that fixes itself.

We really do not have any activities or groups outside of our virtual classrooms.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I chose Everest Online mainly due to the great communication, quality responses to any and all questions I asked and the program they offered me . They took things at my pace and understood my hesitance and eased my anxiety. Never were they pushy for me to enroll.

Part of the advantages of an online college student is that there is no peer pressure, no stereotypes, which make transitioning a much smoother process. There is no fitting in with a click and no labeling as being in a click.

Maria
What's the Greek scene like?

What's the Greek scene like?

Everest is involved in many different sororities and fraternities that you can join and be a part of. Whether you will have to earn your way through your Grades or school projects you will love the school attitude and the positive ambition everyone has.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Although, Everest does not have a large sports scene the kids are always involved in many different activities such as swimming, running, biking, soccer, basketball and football to name a few. There is always something going on where you will never be bored that is for sure.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best part of the social scene is that we have an incredible diversified culture of students which lends for very interesting topics of conversations and entertainment. The worst part I guess would be if you were not a social individual meaning someone who takes the school serious yet likes to enjoy life, than this University would not be for you. With Everest you will immediately notice that everyone is willing and will offer you a helping hand. You never feel alone or discouraged with the school or your professors.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

The day I got accepted into the Honor Society was the best day of my life. I was on top of the world and I knew this was only the beginning of great success coming my way. Remember to reach for the skys and the worst that will happen is you will catch a star.

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

Getting use to your schedule and making sure you submit all your work on time. Personally, I just did not find it hard at all I am having a great time with my classes and friends, fully engaging in my discussions which I absolutely love. Really it is all in your attitude and expectations. So expect great incredible things and watch how your life will start to change right before your eyes.

Do you feel like you changed a lot?

I feel like I have grown tremendously and it feels great to have the confidence levels that I do. It is a great feeling to know you are doing excellent in school preparing myself for the challenges life has to offer me.

I don't drink. Will it be hard for me to go to parties?

I do not drink myself and I have had no problem making friends and being connected with people. It all depends on what you are looking for if you do not drink there a lots of people who do not drink and those are the groups you would want to be involved with.

What do people really wear to class?

The students wear professional casual wear that is comfortable but looks good any where you go. You want to be comfortable so you could focus on your classes.

No, because we have some of the most sophisticated students from all over the world. We also have a variety of adults going back to school from all our federal and municipal agencies. We have legal workers, officers, administrators, medical staff, and military officers.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The best place to do your work is right in the comfort of your own home where you are comfortable and could work at your own pace with little to n disturbances.

What do students complain about most?

Probably the only complaint I have heard is that every now and then we have had a technical blip but nothing to cause alarm or that would delay you in any way. We have one of the most advanced technology departments which are on call 24/7.

Everest University is the best thing that has ever happened to me and my family. I am having so much fun meeting people from all over the world and enriching myself with so much diversification and knowledge that I could only see greatness in my near future. I would highly recommend Everest University to anyone who is really looking to learn and have fun while you’re doing so.

What are your classes like?

Classes at Everest University are fun, exciting, quite challenging and just extremely informative. At times I feel like I am embarking on a world vacation learning so much about the social aspects within all societies and how they play a role in all of our lives. The strategies they have in place both technologically and documented are exactly representative of what is being demanded within our work force.

Some of the suggestions that I could offer would be to come prepared for classes. Do not assume the work load is easy and make sure you have gotten a good night's rest to be prepared to be fully engaged within the class. Have enough notebook paper; make sure you went over your syllabus for each class, besides knowing where to go to reference your school resources available to you. Do not delay your work and always make sure your assignments are in on time. College is not like a job that if you do not feel like working you just take off. College is very different you must be on top of all your classes and be prepared to perform at any given time. Our entire educational system is changing and it is extremely competitive and cutting edge to meet the demands of our careers.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Everest University I consider to be the pioneer in learning offering the latest innovation in learning with the most sophisticated platform you will ever be exposed to. All the books are top notch based on the latest technologies and strategies the market has to offer. I have found that out information is much more advanced than a lot of our other local Universities.

Our favorite campus tradition is meeting with friends and going over our classes and the material we are learning. It is really fun because sometimes you forget to post some answers or questions and you get to still go over them with your friends and see their reation to your comments.

Tell us about your professors.

My professors are the best I have ever seen. They are really involved in wanting to help you understand the material and making sure you are comfortable with the class. The classes are so interesting that you could spend hours in a discussion which makes you feel like you were there for 30 minutes. They are just so interesting and the manner in which they present the material makes it so interesting you just cannot seem to put it down.

What is unique about my campus is that I do not have to attend the campus to get my education. I am fully engaged in my classes with little to no interruptions which allows me to have focus and concentration while I am attending my classes.

Erin

I think that the school size is just right and the adminstration is fantastic. If there are any questions they answer them in a timely period.

Do you feel like you changed a lot?

Ever since I enrolled into college I feel like I have changed a lot because I am proud of myself that I am doing something in my life. I changed for ther better and I love it. I am following my dreams to become a paralegal and I am succeeding in my endeavors.

I don't drink. Will it be hard for me to go to parties?

I don't drink either, but if you are yourself and stay true to yourself you shouldn't have any probleems going to parties.

What do people really wear to class?

Well beings that I go to school online I can wear my pajamas to classes. I am comfortable in anything I wear.

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

It can be overwhelming until you get used to be in school again. But it is a lot of fun.

I wish I was told about how much fun college can be and how great the professors and school would be

That we are lazy because we don't go to a camus, but we all have different reasons why it is easier going to online classes. For me I have a 3 year old son and he needs my attention

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

We interact with one another and we do teamwork assignments. We can email one another at anytime.

Make sure to have all applications and any financial aid paperwork in on time so you get the aid you need.

What's the dating scene like?

I am a married woman so I don't know what the dating scene is like.

It's online and you get a computer to do your course and all your studies on.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

The first day of my classes and knowing that I am doing something to better myself and my future. Knowing that I am going to have a career and college degree is a great feeling and accomplishment.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Everest University Online is a online school for those that have children at home, can't go to a campus, or learn better from doing school onlie. It is a fun atmosphere and you do all your classes online in the comfort of your own home. If you have questions you can email your professors or your academic advisors and they answer your questions at timely manner. It is a great way of getting your higher education and it makes you feel good.

When you step off campus what do you see?

When I get off my computer from my classes I see my furture and knowing that I am getting a career and bettering myself. I also see my son sitting and knowing that he sees what I am doing to get a college degree makes me very proud of myself. I am teaching him that going to school is a good thing for when he gets older and he goes to school.

What are your classes like?

I have Legal Research and Writing, which helps me understand the legal field, teaches me how to do legal research and how to write case briefs, memos, and any other court documents. I also take Composition which teaches how to write essays and to be creative. My other class is Interpersonal Communication which is teaching me how to communicate with others better. These classes are really fun and I am learning new things all the time.

What are the most popular classes offered?

Paralegal Studies, Business, Accounting, Criminal Justice, and Criminal Investigation.

Describe the dorms.

We don't live in dorms. We have all our classes online and we do it all in the comfort of our own home at our own pace.

Describe a typical weekend.

A typical weekend for me consists of relaxation and having family time with my son and husband.

What do students complain about most?

Not studying hard enough to get good grades.

Everest University is a terrific school whether it be on campus or online. The staff is great and you can get the help you need in your classes or even for enrolling.

Tell us about your professors.

My professors are very helpful and when I have a question they answer them in a timely manner. They go over any concerns that I may have.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I looked at other schools and they did not offer my program. I heard about Everest and gave them a call, I fell in love with the school and it is great to be in a school I am comfortable in.

I am involved in the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and it is rewarding to be part of. There are many opportunities for high acheivers.

I don't thnk that any student would feel out of place at Everest because everyone is kind and geniuine to others.

My major is paralegal studies and Everest is helping me acheive my goals and graduate with a college degree. They will help in getting job placement when you graduate.

The stereotypes of students is that they are not really in school because it is online and that they are too lazy to go to campus. The fact is that some may not be able to go to campus because of financial burdens or because they have children to take care of.

Tell us about your professors.

The professors at Everest Online University are very nice and willing to help do whatever they can to help you achieve your academic goals. The are always reaching out to help whenever they can. I feel very lucky to have found a college with such great professors that help you learn and reach your goals.

I love attending Everest Online University. It has allowed me to get a college education while working full time as well. Everest offers multiple resources to help you academically and help you find a job in your area after you graduate. The professors and the students are all very nice and are willing to do whatever they can to help you succeed in your studies. I love attending Everest and would totally recommend this college to anyone searching for one.

Vanessa

I love this Everest University. I go to the online division of Everest, and even though the work is hard, the professors are great, and everyone at Everest is there to help you succeed. I am in my 2nd quarter, and I carry a 4.0 GPA. I have this 4.0 due to the fact that I work hard. The classes are great also, if a student will apply themself they will learn. Just complete all of your assignments, all of the reading, and take the tests, study and you too've h can carry a 4.0 GPA. My academic advisor calls me every week to make sure that I am doing okay in my classes. When I was in a traditional classroom, I had to make an appointment with my advisor. The one experience that I will never forget is when I received a certificate in the mail. It was a certificate for the "President's List" for my academic excellence. Whenever anyone asks me what University I go to, I tell them Everest, they usually say " Oh, yeah, I've heard of Everest, it is supposed to be a top notch school". I agree with them. I have nothing bad to say about Everest at all.

Since I go to the online part of Everest, I can only speak for the online students. There are all types of students who attend Everest Online University. From the young, to the middle age, to the older adult. Students for the online division are from all over the country, and possibly the world. There is a diverse culture in the online division. Such as, I am from New Mexico, and I know of another student who is from Pennsylvania. In the online division it doesn't matter how you dress,or how much money you make. You can wear a business suit, or your pajamas. You can be very wealthy, or live off of disability. No one knows unless you tell them. Online is a lot different then a lot of the aspects of traditional college, but in a lot of ways it is the same. I for one love the online education. I can take my classes and study at my time, not a set time.

Heather

I love my school. The teachers are really helpful and most of the students are to Ive found many interesting things going her...

I love my school. The teachers are really helpful and most of the students are to Ive found many interesting things going here.

Tiffany

My opinion of Everest is that it fits exactly what I need. With helpful instructors and advisors with answers to every question, I highly recommend this school. With having my classes online, it helps me still to keep my full-time job and tend to my 7 year old son.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I am a full-time single mother of a busy 7 year old little boy. I have a full-time and a part-time job. Going to Everest University online, allows me to do school when I have the time. I would recommend this school to anyone!!!

Being an online only school, I am not aware of any popular activities outside of school. I have made some great friends online in my classes that I believe will continue to bloom even after graduation.

The students interact well and class discussion participation is a must. Students come from all over the country and all have different backgrounds.

Everyone that is a student at Everest University Online has been extremely helpful on my journey through college. All of my classmates in my classes have been great and seem to be just as interested in learning as I am.

Everest University-Pompano Beach administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.