Miami, FL
Miami Dade College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Miami Dade College

Fixed  rate loan

Ruth

I will never regret the choice that I have made to come to MDC

I will never regret the choice that I have made to come to MDC

Laurene

k

k

Rebecca

Overall, I think Miami Dade College is a good school and would recommend to anyone who cannot afford to go to a larger university. More specifically, The Honors College is exceptional and really makes the transition from high school to college much easier, as well as, providing a close-knit community to interact with.

Esther

Miami dade is a great school .

Miami dade is a great school .

Nathaly

I've been in Miami Dade College for a while and I have always received the help I needed.

Anaelys

My name is Anaelys Trochez, and I am a student at Miami Dade College. The major I want to continue my undergraduate program in Mass communications and journalism. Miami Dade College has given me core values in which I will take with me to the transfer university such as a multicultural ideal, an international perspective that allows me to engage with my community, and exposure to a variety of resources to motivate me to be a better version of myself.

Domonique

I am attending Miami Dade College and I feel that the education here helped me tremendously. Specifically, I went to Kendall Campus. Don't get me wrong, I often felt infuriated by the immaturity of people who just got out of high school in my college classes. No, Miami Dade College will not hold your hand and make sure you are doing your work or spending the time to watch over you and make sure you succeed in college. The college campus often feels so large and full of commuter students that it can be isolating. But truthfully, the school works in a way where it provides you the resources and expects you to use them to your advantage. It is an extremely self-directed curriculum. But if you are willing to take the time, patience and maturity to work hard here, it will pay off big time in the long run. In some ways, MDC was still a learning ground for me (like re-learning writing techniques and basic math skills) and I did fumble at times. But the best part about it is that as a community college, it was built and intended to be that space to learn. It will probably not be used against you if you drop certain classes on-time and retake them at a better time for you with more preparation. Also, the different departments are receptive to learning and hearing about their teachers. If you're having a problem with a certain teacher, you can talk to their designated English, Math, etc Department. At times, the Advising Office will send you to different parts of the college to figure out things they should know. Even some of the advisors are basically useless and will tell you what classes you need to take although you could just go online and check what you need to take yourself (as well as pick and drop classes yourself online). I know students attending FIU now that wish they could have finished their bachelor's degree at MDC. They often comment about how FIU is literally just a blood-sucking money monster and how the majority of departments and administrators could care less about the student's input. At MDC, there are so many different campuses that even if one department sucks, you could just attend a different campus and use to your advantage the better teachers. I also highly recommend using ratemyprofessors.com to check your professors before you sign up for classes. Thankfully, there are just so many different professors that it's pretty easy to avoid the bad ones. Just do your research before you take their class.

There was no doubt in my mind that I would enroll into Miami Dade College after I graduated high school. I had always heard the praises the college received in regards to its academic institution. Miami Dade College is an institution that offers more than 300 major pathways at eight different campuses and outreach centers. It is an institution wherein its principles serve as a source of motivation for students to pursue higher educational goals. The college also values diverse cultures, identities and individuals that varies within each scenic campus. The academic institution also recognizes student’s achievements and accomplishments in their academics and clubs with an array of honor awards and scholarship opportunities. Essentially, Miami Dade college create a studious and safe environment that allows students to immerse themselves in their studies without any concerns. The college offers endless possibilities to acquaint students with the resources the college has to offer. Its campuses and libraries advantageously affect productivity, focus, and study skills. The library also offers an array of academic resources— such as tutors, books, and study guide materials that effectively assist student learning. The professors, staff, and advisors that facilitate Miami Dade College are all dedicated and applied to provide a system of support for each student. Moreover, professors at Miami Dade College are eager to cultivate the knowledge of students in an engaging and interactive classroom. Overall, Miami Dade College is an excellent academic institution that provides higher education, cultural encouragement, and a system of support and guidance to all students.

Natalie

This is school is what you make it. There are many opportunities to learn and be an above average and competitive student, but it is also very easy if you just want to cruise and get your degree. I honestly am grateful to MDC for the education it has given me and I consider it a great foundation when transitioning from high school to college. Can also definitely recommend their study abroad programs as they are top notch!

Madison

Miami Dade College has tons of resources to use. However, I'm specifically critiquing the Music major. I've been a apart of music for 7 years. At Miami Dade I don't feel challenged, But when I do it's TOO challenging. There's practically no in between. The theory classes are designed for musicians. Being a singer, music theory is nearly impossible to pass especially if you have a large class. On a lighter note, the faculty is always willing to help and want the best for you. Your adviser's always have your best interest at heart. Miami Dade is also extremely affordable.

Miami Dade College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.