Pompano Beach, FL
Everest University-Pompano Beach

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Everest University-Pompano Beach

Jesse

The pace is mostly up to me! I mean, I still have my deadlines and chapters, assignments and discussions, but I control the tempo! I would change a few things, such as making class a little more exciting and personal, such as having individual pictures in posts so there are faces with posts and discussions. I would also want a little more of a challenge in some of the classes and its demands for reports and essays.

Jack

My school is an online program, so therefore most stereotypes would be people who are good with technology. Would this be considered geeky? It doesn't matter what life style you have as long as you know how to use electronics and are able to figure out the internet easily. Through the internet, stereotypes don't really exist as much.

Robin

This is an amazing college. It fits my busy schedule, yet it allows me to attend classes and learn. The administration at Everest is amazing. They call weekly to make sure I am doing well in my classes and offer help in those I may not be doing so well in.

What do students complain about most?

I have not heard any students complain about this school so far.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Since all the courses are taken in the luxury of your own home, the choices are limitless to what you have in the refridgerator or cabinet.

Describe a typical weekend.

A typical weekend for a student of Everest University Online is whatever your normal routine is. There is no campus except for the online campus. Saturdays are usually spent checking to insure all assignments have been submitted before the deadline of 11:59pm.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

My third week of my first semester, I attempted to log into class. As I finished my assignment, the tornado sirens were sounding. I quickly saved my work and headed to safety. The tornado knocked out power for the rest of the day. I was terrified that my work hadn't been saved properly before the storm hit.

Hard work is definitely required. More study time is required since the courses are all online. There is no classroom for lectures. All the notes taken by you are a result of reading, studying and gaining understanding of the material.

Describe the dorms.

There are no dorms since the courses are taken online throughout the degree program. You get to sleep in your own bed at night within the comfort of your own doors, windows and walls.

The unique thing about my campus is it is my living room, dining room or whatever room I choose to study in since all my classes are online.

The stereotype of students at Everest University Online are not accurate. The students I have had the pleasure of speaking with are hard working individuals who are in college in hope of a better future.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to attend Everest University Online because of affordability and convenience.

If I am awake at 2am, I am reviewing assignments for class.

Most students are probably in their comfortable lounging clothes. All the classes are online which is convenient.

Class participation is necessary for the success of a class. The online class discussions allow students to voice their opinions about the subjects. This allows students to assist one another as they would during class time on campus. The education at this school is geared toward obtaining a job after graduation.

One common stereotype is that the students that attend Everest University online are lazy and unable to get into a regular college. This is not true at all. Online classes require more work than some people think.

Sandy

I think that Everest University Online is exceptional. I would recommend this school to anyone. The Professors are knowledgeable and are there for the students. If you are having problems they are there to help. My English Comp. I professor has helped me out tremendously. He will look at papers before they are due and give you tips and advise before you turn in the final paper. The students help one another out. A few of us already have a page on Facebook where we can talk about classes and get ideas.

Stacie

I'm an online student so I'm unaware of student activities on campus. All I know is my classmates show up, work hard, help each other and come back the following week to do it all over again.

Every student I've had the pleasure of working with so far has been very respectful, helpful, and motivating with their hard work in the classes. Everyones main focus is the course their attending and work towards learning all that they can. We all come from different financial backrounds, age groups, heritage; but were all here to help each other learn and achieve in our academics.

I attend college online so my opinion of my peers is all I have to establish this answer. From my point of view, everyone comes from different walks of life and is here for one reason; to obtain a degree in their desired field and better their future. Online we all work together to complete individual assignments and teamwork assignments. Those involved really help each other by provided their educational experience and motivation.

Teresa

Describe the dorms.

The great thing about the dorms for our online school is that you can be at home! There isn't the option of college life when doing online schooling but you definitely don't have to worry about sharing a room with anyone, unless you already do at your house.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go into school because I was working a dead end job as a janitor for a company who would never give me a raise. I then had a deep thought about what it would be like if I went to school and started working in a career which would be excited and new every day. I've always been into crime scene stuff so I decided to look for a degree in which I would pursue something like that. Most of the schools were in a classroom setting and with my work schedule and having a small child with my husband working days, I really couldn't afford to take him to child care so I thought about having online schooling. I found Everest University which was the ONLY college who offered a 2 year degree. I called the school right away and they helped me every step of the way to enroll.

One of the best clubs that I am aware of is NSCS. I recently accepted myself into this society for those who achieve a 3.4 or better. This society offers many benefits for those who try hard in school and can get the grades to keep themselves in the society. There isn't a dating scene for online students unless they decide to speak outside of school. Students are there to learn. We don't get much interaction except through online class and we never get to see faces of those in our classroom so we don't know what they look like.

Since I am doing online schooling, stereotypes are not as much important as if I were in a classroom setting. Even though I am not in a classroom setting, you can still tell what types of students are in the online setting. Some people are busy, lazy, don't care what grades they get, or over achievers.

I love Everest University Online and enjoy the convenience of the classes. However, I just wish i could obtain more of my account and record information online as well as the stipends from my grants and loans.

The academics are very personal and rewarding. You take the classes in your own time throughout the week and the instructors usually go out of their way to ensure your problems are handled as soon as possible. Not to mention at Everest University Online, there are plenty of resources that the school ensures that are at your fingertips.

There are various stereotypes, however, in the online environment, I have noticed a lot of classmates that range from their mid twenties to senior citizens who have already started families.

Rebecca

The best thing at my school is that I can do my school online and still work. I don't think I would change anything about my school because I really like it the way it is. My school is just right for me and I really like going to this school a lot. People react that I go to school and they are really glad that I am going to school to further my education.

What are your classes like?

I really like all of my classes and I like doing all the work that they give to me to do.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decide to go to school because I wanted to further my education and I wanted a better job. I also wanted to have a better life for me and my daughter.

I do not know the most popular student activities because I do not do school at a campus I do it at home on my computer online

I really don't talk to any students at my school beacuse I do my school online so it is kinda of difficult to talk to other students outside of classes.

I hope that my professors know my name. My favorite class right now would be Computer Applications and my least favoirite would be Basic Critical Thinking. For me I study all the time and I can't really say anything about any oter students. Class participation is common because that is what we get graded on. My major is Medical Billing and Coding. This education will help me get a better job and a better life for me and my daughter

There is not really a stereotype at my school because I do my school online and they is really no sterotypes.

Robert

This school is AWESOME!...The staff and professors really try to do all they can to help you excell. As long as you are doing your part to help yourself they have no issues helping you out. For being an online university, the response time is remarkable. If you should have someting come up such as a family emergency or something, they understand that and they work with you to get your assignments done and turned in so you can get the best possible overall grade.

The Professors are amazing here. The classes are small so they have time to provide feedback on everyone. If you get the answer wrong or do not answer it fully they simply ask you to elaborate and they help you through it.

The students are those of so many ethnicities and cultures. It is kind of interesting to work with others of a different culture. The joy of online classes is that it is not about what you look like, where your from, or if you have an accent becasue it is online and noone sees you and you can just be yourself without having to worry about being judged.

Some common stereotypes of studnets at my school are that we are lazy. This is far from the truth. Some of us just simply do not have the time to make it to an actual class or we do not have the money to live on campus. We are not lazy because unlike other college students, we do not get summer break, and spring break, we go to school almost all year long with the exception of christmat break and thanksgiving, and we get a week between terms.

Everest University-Pompano Beach administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.