Fisk University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Fisk University

Rose

As a whole I am proud of my decision to attend this institution. It for sure has its pitfalls, especially for students who come in looking for a "traditional" or "main stream" college experience. Our buildings are historic, and so they lack the luster and upgrades many state colleges have. Our food is not the best, its mass-produced, and its the same thing every week. Our cafeteria closes really early and we are all usually pretty hungry. Fisk isn't for everyone. I wouldn't ever discourage someone from coming here but they really need to get a feel of it for themselves because the experience is different for everyone.

Kirsten

During my time there I had a great experience. If you're looking for sports and parties you may want to try a different school. If you're looking for an upscale hbcu experience with great academics, Fisk is the place.

Lanita

I LOVE IT!

Lance

There are a lot of great things about Fisk! I'd say that one of the most difficult things about it is the administration and often the office workers as well. There are a lot of professors and a few office workers that are great student advocates while others are not. If you are looking for a small and close environment, this is the place for you! Fisk is definitely a family school! Everyone is loved and welcomed. Alumni come back and visit years later and will speak to you as if they've known you forever. Everyone is welcoming and this is a great place!

Jada

It is a great school to some extent. It is very traditional and strict most times; but students always have the opportunity to have fun. The class sizes are ideal and the campus is small enough for a family-like environment. Everyone knows each other so we can feel safe. The university is very big on understanding the roots and culture of the institution for every class to leave remembering.

Evan

Fisk University, for me, has been a great experience as far as my education goes. Professors will be there when you need them, will have one on one sessions with you if their available, and help you through any problems you have in the course. As far as campus life goes, it's not the best but I can manage myself very well. I recommend Fisk to those looking for a strong educational experience, and those wanting an environment that is easy to access at any time.

jordan

I love fisk as a university, the class sizes are small and the professors are great! that is the only thing that good though. dorms suck, cafeteria sucks and most social activities are boring and not worth attending. i wouldn't recommend anyone come to fisk

Niyonzima

My name is Niyonzima Adeline and I am a currently a freshman at Fisk University. Fisk is a great school although it can improve on some things overall it’s pretty fun. The campus is very small so basically everyone knows each other and most people are very friendly.

SKYE

Fisk University is a beautiful campus and is always bustling with events and activities. It is impossible not to be involved in the many opportunities and events happening during the semester as professors and mentors encourage and guide you. I really like the practicality of the courses as well as how interesting most of them are. Fisk University also has great networking opportunities especially for minority students who are determined to work hard.

Sentwuan

It's an amazing school. I just need help with paying with the school. The classes are rigorous, but there are plenty of professors and assistants that help me with the work. There are plenty of activities to do on campus. I love the university. I will stay here all four years, and possibly for my graduate school.

sydney

Fisk University was a great experience. It was one of those schools that I hadn't heard much about and didn't do much research on. But I didn't regret this at all; in fact, I was pleasantly surprised. I was able to learn so much and advance not only in education, but in life in general.

MaKayla

Fisk University is family oriented, and the professors are helpful; however, the university needs work done physically, and they should make improvements in how financial aid is operated. The students and the faculty are all friendly and approachable, even to a point to where one feels that they are apart of a family away from their family.

Alexus

Overall i love the school. It’s a great learning environment and you will meet great people. The professors are very helpful and have very good office hours. The campus is very safe, we have security on campus. Upper class men are very helpful as well.

Opeyemi

Fisk University is a multicultural HBCU.Majority of the student are Africa-American,including foreign student from all over the world.A good atmosphere with a promsing educational programs.Fisk still maintain the culture and tradition through sport.

Crai'Sean

Fisk is one big happy family. Administration makes sure that everyone feels at home. To me that's very important. As students coming from different places around the country, it is important to find a place of comfort at your school. There is a culture at Fisk that is unlike no other. We are all one.

E'Shay

As a transfer student, I have grown to love this institution. The small class sizes and overall culture of the campus is welcoming and well bonded. Fisk university sort of makes me, as a student, feel at home. The professors want the students to succeed and the competition with peers is encouraging and uplifting. Surrounding myself with people like me, with goals alike mine, is one of the best decisions I could have ever made!

Eldrick

Fisk University is simply discribed in one word “Special”. People at Fisk university are very nice and kind but some people can be rude. At Fisk you have to surround your self with nice and cool people to have fun on a normal day, but when people are not studying and trying to graduate and actually enjoy life it is a heep of fun. Yes, Fisk is a small HBCU and Expensive but the people here actually do care about your well being and actually want to see you succeed. You will ups and downs with the Financial Aid office but they eventually get it solved it just might take them a while but it gets handled. I love my HBCU, but they do know how to push your buttons and get under your skin because sometimes they do crazy stuff that they shouldn’t even have to do.

Garrette

Fisk University is a great HBCU (Historically Black College or University). Our academics come first. With our small numbers, I feel that the student to teacher relationship is more personal and you are not a number. The advisers, professors, and any staff member are here to make sure that you graduate on time. Even though Fisk may currently have around 850 students, we are very diverse. There is never a boring day on campus and it feels great to be living in on such historic ground.

Kavon

My opinion on Fisk University would be that it’s a place where u can grow. Grow physically and mentally besides education. Fisk really helps you find yourself and figure out what you want to do in the future. Education wise, Fisk provides so much history . History meaning , just history about the school and just overall who you are and where you come from .

JeNay

I believe that Fisk University is very unique. Existing for 133 years, Fisk holds a strong background. There are many visitors on our campus daily, which gives the campus a feel of a museum. We live at a museum for college, which no other student body can say about their university. Great opportunities are also present at Fisk. The majority are for our career purposes, while others are for educational and social purposes. Fisk has many networks for all majors and will do anything to assist the student body with needed resources. These networks and resources allow students to build a profile and develop skills that will be essential in life. Leaders exist amongst the campus body in a great amount. These leaders start at the level of the faculty and are spread through the student body. Underclassmen can rely on the upperclassmen to answer our questions and communicate information that will be beneficial to students. Different from many universities, students can access teachers and other staff at almost anytime with face-to-face and one-on-one time. Fisk offers opportunities to build beneficial relationships, creating an environment that is like no other college.