Fort Scott, KS
Fort Scott Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fort Scott Community College

Sultan

My current experience at Fort Scott Community College has been great. The advisers, directors, and teachers are always caring and willing to help when needed. Being a student athlete is already hard enough so they take a lot of weight of your shoulders. The campus is smaller and easy to navigate through but however the location of the college is a little complicated if you have never been to Fort Scott, KS. before. When taking the tour of the campus they showed me everything I needed to know before attending and about some of the tutoring programs and extra curricular activities they provide to get students involved in school. Overall the school is wonderful to me, the staff are there to help and the teachers are willing to put in extra time for the students if needed and I think it's very helpful.

Starla

Its a great 2 year college and that you can go to get our core classes done. There is a great nursing department to be a CNA or a RNA.

Britney

FSCC is a great school. The classes are small and many of the teachers make it a point to personally know their students. The Fort Scott community is strong and many students enjoy supporting the athletics as well as other activities. It is a great place to begin or continue an education.

Corina

This is a great school to attend. The professors are always accessible. They offer a great selections of degree programs to choose from. They always have extracurricular activities to keep students entertained. Fort Scott is a very affordable college to attend. They even offer payment plans which is super nice. A very clean and well maintained college. Definitely worth checking out.

I would have told myself to stick with it and that there is nothing more important than getting a college degree. Life will always be out there and to do the things that are important now and worry about the rest later. I would have told myself not to worry as much about what life had in store for me.

I wish I had known sooner how kind and caring they are about their students.

I wish that the Paola campus offered more night classes because I work during the day and only take online or night classes.

Randi

My classmates at Fort Scott Community College are the most supportive, caring, and funny group of students that I have ever went to school with.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would have told myself to avoid procrastination. In high school it was easy to procrastinate because classes were so much easier; but, in college it is not that easy. I would have told myself that, in order to do my best work, I should not wait until the last minute to do my school work. I would have told myself that to do the best work, procrastination is a terrible idea.

I don't think that there is any type of person that shouldn't attend FSCC. The school is a great place for all types of people. The staff and students help in every way that they can. It is a great place to start out ones college career!

Despite it's small size, my school has been a great stepping stone in helping me decide what I want to major in, allowing me to create close friendships, and aiding me as I pursue a degree in elementary education.

College is a big step from high school, and finding which college is right for you is a huge decision. College not only gives you a chance to explore who you are as an individual, it also allows you to make new friends, discover your likes and interests, and it encourages you to be responsible and manage your time wisely. Make a point to learn of the scholarships and programs a college offers. Try to have an idea of what you might like to major in, but don't be surprised when you change your major (sometimes multiple times). Be upbeat and friendly and make a point to make friends in your classes; your friendships will carry you through the rough times at college. The transition to college may seem scary, and it may not be for everyone, but for those who do brave the transition, the homework, and the late night studies, they will know that their choice to attend college was not in vain.

I believe the best thing about my school is the class sizes and the teachers. The largest class will probably be about twenty-five students, so a new student will have no trouble fitting in and having his or her questions answered. Also, due to the smaller class sizes, the teachers know you as a person, not a number. The teachers make themselves available between class times for any of their students who might have a question. As long as a student pays attention and works hard, he or she will go far. My school gives students that chance.

Fort Scott Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.