Grand Canyon University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Grand Canyon University

Angela

Grand Canyon University has been an excellent choice from the very first interaction! When I first emailed for information and stated I didn't want phone calls at that time, they respected that and only communicated via email until I was ready to proceed. When I spoke with a counselor, she was informative and has been helpful numerous times--even when it wasn't her job. Everyone has been great!

Destiny

I absolutely love Grand Canyon University! I fell in love with the campus the minute I set foot upon it's grounds. Everyone at Grand Canyon University is friendly, fun, caring and always wish for you to succeed. You always feel safe on campus and the class size are a perfect fit for those that come or prefer a smaller class.

Salma

Grand Canyon University is a great school, if you are a white conservative Christian. I lean to the left on many social issues, I am an immigrant, I have lived in low-income communities all my life, and I am still navigating my faith; in short, it was extremely difficult for me to acclimate to campus culture. My friends and I petitioned for a social justice club on campus and were denied. A few times, I gave an opposing opinion in class and felt embarrassed or shamed about it. There are a few professors that encourage inclusivity and were understanding when I went to them about these issues, and that is always greatly appreciated. I learned more than I would have ever thought I would learn during my three years at Grand Canyon University, the academic setting is awesome. I just wish I would have had a better experience with student life and finding my niche.

Anahi

I think Grand Canyon university is a really good school they are always there for you from the start and help you in every way they can. I am currently taking online classes and let me tell you it’s awesome even if you are not physically there it’s seems like I am because they are always so attentive to me and there to help me learn and do good in school.

Susan

I think that Grand Canyon University is a very safe and dry campus. It is the type of university you go to to focus on your studies and not get distracted with other universities that have alcohol and drugs on their campus. Grand Canyon University also has a close relationship with Phoenix police and have their own public safety team to help students 24/7.

Karson

Grand Canyon University is a truly unique school in Arizona, almost like a hidden oasis. Although it is not the most well-known university, GCU has been receiving more attention due to its beautiful campus, and thorough courses. Given that it is a private university, the cost to attend is higher than in other schools, but the classes offer to give students a more competitive advantage over other schools in their respected fields. Lastly, the professors who are hired to teach the courses are monumental. Each professor is well-versed in their subject and always happy to help students.

CRYSTAL

It has many degrees in my field of study and very obtainable. They help students with guidance. They are very helpful with organizing classes and staying on top of what needs to be done. Online classes are perhaps the most beneficial for people who have busy lives and who may be too old to dorm on campus.

Jacob

The campus is beautiful and large. There are an insane amount of clubs and sports to play. The overall atmosphere is great and there are many food options on campus. safety is no concern and ever facility is new and clean. I am attending next year and cant wait

Sierra

It is a very safe communal environment. You never feel left out and there is always some fun event happening on campus. The class sizes are small and every professor knows who you are. Overall this place is amazing everyone is kind and welcoming you will never feel left out or alone.

Burke

I think it is a very good school that is growing very fast and putting a lot of time and money into the campus and students. There are plenty of things to do on and around campus and there are many programs that students can join and be apart of. Overall the school is a great place to be and I do enjoy it.

Grand Canyon University is a school for everyone. Although it is a Christian university and the slogan reads "Private. Christian. Affordable." it is truly a school for anyone who wishes to attend. All people of different religions, beliefs, genders, and backgrounds. Grand Canyon University helps students to find their purpose outside of the education system and allows students to express themselves in any way they wish. To top it off, sporting events, intramural and club sports, and local and global outreach are just a few of the perks outside of the classroom.

Rita

I have learned many aspects about Grand Canyon University because I am a student attending this prestige school. I have enjoyed the safe environment. I have learned how to communicate effectively. I have learn how to communicate, advocate and empower others. This is a caring and safe environment. I am not afraid to speak up. I have learned how to resolve conflicts on the job and my home environment. the instructors are very professional and willing to help the students. The Grand Canyon University is a great place to learn and expand in a Christlike environment.

Grace

Grand Canyon Univserity is an amazing school. They are a diverse school and welcomes everyone. It is a private Christian school but they are open minded and respectful to those who don't carry a Christian faith. GCU carrys so much pride for everything and I guarantee that once you're an incoming freshman and you step on that campus, you will fall in love. There is so much to do there and a lot of exploring to do outside of GCU. Just get involved and live life as a lope!

Jocelyn

Ever since the first time I went to go visit Grand Canyon University, my thoughts were only positive. The school has a great atmosphere filled with positive students, helpful professors and amazing experiences for students far from home. The school is always trying to have students involved and allow any feedback help make a great college experience. In my opinion I am grateful to be a Lope and have had a great experience living on campus.

Jordan

My overall opinion is Grand Canyon is very helpful, safe and for everyone to at least check out. IT has been a great experience and I plan on attending the school in Fall 2020. There is a lot to do and you don't really need to leave off campus that much based on the new people you will on campus.

TAMMY

I love this college. I was able to work fulltime as an RN, and still keep a 3.6 GPA while enrolled in the online BSN program. Great professors and curriculum. I can't wait to start my MSN this month. There were many group projects that made us feel that our opinions and input mattered.

Amy

It’s a great university that has many resources to help student grow and learn and really understand each concept they are taught in class.

Eleanor

Grand Canyon University is known for being Christian and affordable. I would say both are true, especially with all the scholarship opportunities they afford. The culture on campus is incredible- most everyone is friendly, warm, and genuinely wants each student to find a place where they belong. Almost all of the professors care about the academic careers and day-to-day lives of the students. However, because the university grew so quickly, there is quite a bit of red tape. Bureaucratic communication between departments is nearly nonexistent and students suffer because of it. This can easily become very frustrating. All this being said, I would still recommend GCU to anyone considering it.

Abagayle

Grand Canyon University has an amazing and energetic atmosphere. There is always something going on around campus from clubs to random games on the fields to spirit sections for sports games. Everyone is welcoming and friendly at all hours of the day. We also have our own coffee shop with unique drinks special to GCU only! This university is a great place to make new friends and have a positive experience while still focusing on furthering our education. This campus is also very safe. We are a closed campus; therefore, you have to show your ID or get a guest pass to enter. This is great because it will keep out potentially dangerous visitors. We also have our own police that go around the campus and ensure everyone is safe.

Victoria

Overall, Grand Canyon has provided me with great opportunities and an amazing learning environment. I love the relationships that I am able to build, the facilities I have available to me, and the academic resources that the school provides for me to succeed in all of my classes.

Yvonne

Grand Canyon University is an outstanding learning institution. It is a non-profit non-denominational Christian organization. The support staff is amazing. It offers great classes, both online and on campus. The instructors have experience in the field they teach and are quick to answer questions and grade work.

zoe

I really enjoyed my visit. The students who were there to guide us around did a great job, and made us feel quite welcome! I felt comfortable seeing the class sizes and that they weren't that different from my high school class sizes. There is also also a lot of great places to eat and hang out! The students seem extremely happy there!

alondra

This is a great school, the people are super friendly and easy accessible. The teachers are very easy to get a hold of and there are great resources for all students. There is many activities her on campus and luckily finding a job on campus was an easy task as well. There is no reason to be shy here.

Tyrese

Grand Canyon University is honestly an amazing school and community to be apart of! The students who attend the college are extremely friendly and outgoing. The University does a good job to host events to attend and get involved in. I highly recommend to check out Grand Canyon University and see if it is the right fit for you.

Kristen

I absolutely love it and it is an awesome University. I never thought that I would be in a University but it is the best one I have ever been in. The faculty is very supportive and they are very happy to be there and help the students. My classmates are very awesome and they are very supportive. I would rate this University to anyone that wants to further their career.

Toni

Its a great school, with lots of great people. They will help you become the best version of yourself, that you want to be. Great chrisitian atmosphere too!! The sports are great, you will love being a Lope! The academics are challenging and will help you to grow in your chosen career path, leading you to succeed in whatever you choose!

Olivia

The environment is very inviting since everyone is so kind and the academics were interestingly challenging. One of the negatives about the programs is that classes are on a schedule for the curriculum meaning that there are "test weeks" where all classes are required to give exams instead of the individual teachers deciding when a class is ready to take the exam based off of the information they have taught. The Student Services for post college careers are also very helpful.

Evialyn

Grand Canyon University is by far one of the great campuses I have visited. Despite the really strict rules they have provided for students, it is to keep us safe. There are securities and our own police officers patrolling our campus at all times to keep us safe. With that being said, I believe that Grand Canyon University is a college that will for sure bring students to their successes.

Araia

I just started at Grand canyon university. I know its a spiritual university, but i do online schooling so I wouldnt really know anything that go on; on campus. But Im sure there are sororities and good food with comfortable housing. If I could do on campus learning I would.

Margarita

An interactive and lively environment that promotes learning and engagement in extracurricular activities. Both students and faculty have an air of intelligence, and the school pushes itself to have updated and engaging classes to prepare students for their future careers or school.

Billie

GCU has a consistent schedule that makes it doable for those going back to school while juggling work and home life. The professors are caring and available, and willing to work with individual barriers, at least I've found this to be true in my undergraduate studies.

Demetrice

I am currently an online student pursuing my Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration/ Management. Some of the above questions did not apply to me, because I am currently living off Campus. My overall experience as a student is rewarding. Also, I would like to add from my personal experience the student resources are available to students. The Professors provides excellent communication and feedback between student life. There are Student counselors and administrators that reach out to students professionally to ensure their students obtain their success and future goals.

riley

Grand Canyon is the school I will be attending in the fall and I am proud to say that they have a great campus life. With a lot of great ways to get involved and become a part of the school. Even though it is a huge campus they make it feel very involved and not a lone. Grand Canyon has been a school I have visited and looked at since I was a freshmen in high school and I am excited to attend there and become apart of the awesome campus. They do everything they can i feel like to make everyone feel welcomed and involved no matter what day it is or how they are doing so. They are always available to talk, i know for me personally my counselor has my number and texts me constantly just to check up on me and make sure I'm doing ok.

Daisy

I am currently a freshman at Grand Canyon and so far I can say it's been nothing but, welcoming. They have a first year experience group to help you settle in every Thursday and there are so many clubs available. The dorms are nice and feel brand new, there is a variety of food options to choose from and are continuing to expand, and even the general education classes feel like they pertain to your major.

Eric

I currently live in a rural are with no easy access to doctoral learning. I knew to complete my dream I would have to find an online environment that was both challenging and readily available to me with very small residency requirements. Grand Canyon University checked all of the boxes with the exception of very small residency requirements. They require you to spend a week on campus twice during the degree. Since I live in Virginia this was a substantial trip that would have made the degree program unattainable, except for the fact that Grand Canyon provides online doctoral learners with a hotel room that is included in the tuition for the class. Overall I have had one bad experience with a professor, just being unreachable and uncaring, but overall the college provides qualified professionals who truly seem to want me to succeed. The online academic environment is the same from class to class with the only variance being in the subject matter that is covered. Each class requires you to actively communicate on the discussion board, weekly readings, and assignments every 2 to 3 weeks that cover the subjects that were assigned for the reading period. Having been the 4th stop of my academic journey I am very familiar with how college financial aid works and having to deal with individuals who may or may not be familiar with me personally. Grand Canyon takes this to a much better place by assigning each student their own counselor that handles everything, which is great for a busy work life. The other big plus from this degree program is the free provided e-text books. Having purchased a small fortune in text books in the past, this perk alone makes GCU a school to consider.

Shelby

Grand Canyon University offers the more laid back college experience; you can always find something to do but you can always find somewhere quite too. The vibe of the entire school is one that I don't think is felt at any other University. Everyone is caring and understanding of one another, including professors and staff. The food options are beyond all other universities. On campus there are Chick-fil-A, Qdoba, Panda Express, Jamba Juice, among many other top of the list eateries. Overall, I have loved Grand Canyon University. Lopes Up!

Indra

That it is friendly, on point and direct.

Casey

This is a great school. It offers a variety of options that help everyone to feel involved. I only wish I would have found it sooner. I was already in my second year of college when I began at Grand Canyon University. I wasted time at my other school. I also like that I can stay at this school and obtain my Master’s degree. There are online courses and in class courses. The professors give you their home numbers to reach them after hours. You never feel alone at this school. You also never feel let down or unable to find the resources to get to where you want to go.

Elie

Grand Canyon University is, a great school we are Christians and non-Christians can you come together and learn and enjoy themselves. It is very affordable if you go about it the right way. They give students plenty of opportunities to make something of yourselves during their time spent here.

Jaylen

It is very nice and new it upgrades each and every year renovating new things here and there making it a great experience for everyone . The more updates they have it draws attention to new comers who want to attend and become a lope. GCU offers the best nursing program in the US.

Grand Canyon University is a great school with very caring teachers, counselors, and administrators. This is a college with a Christian Worldview where missions are a priority and caring for others is a must. The unique needs of each student are both appreciated and incorporated into school life.

Michelle

GCU is a great university! Someone is always there to help you along the way, when I was getting started I was getting a call once a week to make sure I was doing okay. Everyone is really supportive. The resources they have are amazing. The instructors are helpful and very understanding.

Daniel

It is a great school, but the cost may not be as good as others. They have a Multitude of Online Courses all the way to Doctrine degrees in the online course. They have night classes and the traditional campus as well. In traditional and night classes, there is plenty of extra activities a student can be involved with and the online schooling provides a strong range of online library research, books, and much more to help with your ability to graduate. Though the cost is high the education received from GCU is higher than many other schools you could attend. Education, Medical, Theology, Physcology, Computer Technology, Film, Art, and a wide range of so many other courses for degrees available and that is why GCU is a great School to attend.

S

My classmates in my online classes cannot construct a coherent sentence or a coherent paragraph. There are many spelling mistakes, wrong word choice, run on sentences and sentence fragments. My classmates use your instead of you're. My professor avoids giving straight forward answers to student questions. Instead, my professor forces students to go hunting for their answers alone even though students have no idea where to find the answers to their questions

Alexis

Grand Canyon has a great enthusiastic environment. Everyone is so loving and caring about your life and schooling. It’s Fantastic! They have counseling when ever you need them. The campus make me feel very safe because of all the emergency stops all around campus even when u feel scared just walking out at night on your own you can have an officer escort you back to your dorm. I love that GCU has so many great food options that I don’t even have to leave campus. I love GCU so much!

Madison

I absolutely love GCU and look forward to spending my 4 years of college here!!!

Great school, good morals

Abrianna

GRAND CANYON UNIVERSITY IS WHERE IT'S AT. F YOUR LOOKING FOR A COLLEGE THAT IS UP-TO-DATE IN EVERY WAY, ESPECIALLY THE SCHOOL BUILDINGS, THIS IS WHERE YOU WANT TO BE. THE SCHOOL IS MODERN, AND IT FEELS LIKE YOUR IN A BIG CITY. THE PROCESS TO GET IN WAS SO EASY, THE TOURS OF THE SCHOOL HAVE YOU AT FIRST SIGHT! THE PROFESSORS ARE ATTENTIVE TO YOU, THEY ARE THERE TO HELP YOU SUCCEED. THIS WAS THE BEST DECISION EVER & I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GCU! #LOPELIFE

Trenton

I have been attending Grand Canyon University online for about half a year now and I must say that I am impressed overall. The academics are high quality and I generally feel like I am learning something with each new class. From walking students through the financial aid application, to helping them find scholarships, to regularly checking on students via phone call and email, the staff clearly cares for its students, perhaps more than most schools. What really impresses me about the school is that while it is Christian, it strives to be unbiased in its curriculum and be fair to all kinds of different opinions. The main drawback of the school is that it is relatively expensive. I am really enjoying the school so far and I intend to get my bachelor's degree here. By the way, be sure to sign up for Phi Theta Kappa before getting your associate degree because it ended up saving me a lot of money when I transferred to Grand Canyon University for my bachelor's.

karen

This is a great school. I have learned so much and been challenged in more ways than one. It is a friendly and welcoming environment. This is a christian school and has great morals. This is a great school for a smooth transitioning from living at home to being away at school.