Greenville, IL
Greenville College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Greenville College

Dana

I love my school. I love all the opportunities that Greenville has to offer, many ways to make sure a student is successful, the students are pretty chill and the campus itself is beautiful. Professors really care about you and want you to succeed. They know you by name and assist you with whatever you need after class, during their office hours, or just anytime they’re free. Our sports teams are good, academics are great, and Christ is centered in everything we do...which is the best part!

Barbara

I actually take classes online and haven't been to the campus yet, but everyone I've met through video chats is very friendly and the professors are always available by phone or email. The academic advisors are very helpful as well. If I had a question about my schedule and funding they were very helpful and considerate! So far it has been an enjoyable journey!

Allison

This is a great college if you are a Christian, if not this may not be the best place. Christianity is incorporated into all of the classes and you also have to attend chapel frequently. Everyone is very friendly here and the teachers are always prepared to help. Overall this is an amazing place to learn and a great environment for making friends.

Greenville College, now Greenville University, isn't a bad place to go to school. In hindsight, I would have chosen a different school I think. My biggest complaints are the "Lifestyle Statement" (which is very homophobic, by the way) and required "Chapel Credits." My friends who are Free Methodist really like it, but I'm an atheist. I love almost all of my professors though, and some of them have impacted my life in ways that I will always be thankful for. I'm also never worried for my safety walking around campus.

Shirley

(I am also a Spanish major) Overall I love Greenville, we just became a University this summer. The community is irreplaceable, the professors want you to succeed, and I like that the campus is small and beautiful! Some cons are that there is a culture of "it gets done when it gets done." Paper work, grades, academic advising can run late or be done inefficiently. I would like it better if the staff were a little more time efficient. I would also like it better if academic advisors were better at well... advising. Sometimes I just don't feel like I am where I need to be at with my class schedule. But everyone there is understanding and friendly!

Gabrielle

I think Greenville College (about to be Greenville University in the fall, whoo!) is a place you either hate or love. With it being a Christian school, there are obviously more rules in place versus public colleges and universities. However, unlike those big schools, we're able to have a smaller class size and that not only helps you develop a good relationship with your professor, but it also allows for an environment of better learning. This campus prides itself on the community aspect and actions have been put in places by various staff members/organizations to promote a greater diversity as well as inclusivity here. For me, one of the best things about Greenville is the multiple opportunities to get involved, whether that be on campus, nationwide, or internationally, we're constantly getting students sent out to help make this planet a better place.

Zachary Hany

It is an overall good school. The town is small with not a lot going on, so I recommend bringing ways to entertain yourself. The professors are quite competent. Class sizes are small. The school has a wide variety of majors including sciences, business, etc. I am in the theology department (it is a religious school) and I can say that this school's theology department is quite good. The student body is diverse, even with people directly from China. The community is solid.

Zach

Words cannot describe how big of a nightmare this school is, if you do not take anything else from this or any other review, take this, no student should ever go to this school. I will provide examples of how bad it is after I bet whoever reads this to not send anyone here. Whether you're a prospective student, parent, sibling, friend, neighbor, family member, whoever you are this school should not be on the radar for anyone. This school will either make it hell trying leave, or make it hell to stay. Remember, that in my review nothing is exaggerated, and everything I say is my true uncut unedited experience with this school. I'll begin and say that there is a large population n of students that are either too holy to even acknowledge you, or are too athletic to even make eye contact with you. I enrolled in the school to play football, their team is awful, maybe not athletic wise, but in the coaches and players demeanor so. The team is corrupt, and only certain "emap" players every even make it into the games regardless of talent. The majority of the starters are dirty players, and the coaches turn a blind eye to all of it. The coaches decide after a couple weeks whether they like you or not, it has nothing to do with work ethic or ability, and to be honest I really don't know exactly why or why they would not like a player. If the coaches decide they didn't like you, you could bet your life would be hell as they try and bully you off the team. Yes, I watched as a coach forced an injured player to perform a perfect plank, when told by the player he couldn't, the coach told him to find another sport. After this said player had endured an abundance of abuse similar to this before, the player told the coach ok, and was then thrown out of the team, and openly mocked by the coach. Plenty of players were given similar or worse treatment, I was personally accused of having no integrity by the head coach when he believed that I had done something that I hadn't. After proving my innocence, he told me that my integrity was on the line and he'd think about whether or not he'd still punish me. That was the football team, if your student comes here, at least have them steer clear of the football team. There is also the subject of my roommate. I do not exaggerate when I say my teammate, a football player, never showered. His stench was so bad that the entire floor of my dorm was engulfed in it, and everyone on the floor knew not to bring any guests to the floor, and since our room was at the end of the hallway, the entire floor knew not to even go to that side. I understand it was not the college's fault for what happened with him, however it continued the entire semester, and I spent a lot of time in that semester sleeping in the lobby because I could not even walk into my own room. Getting a job outside of the college is next to impossible, and the jobs at the college pay little and give very small hours, so there's barely any money to be made. There are many more issues but I'll finish with the administration. The school is full of people who opted to finish school there because of how impossible it would be to leave, which is one of the countless reasons why I decided to leave. Before leaving I was told by my advisor that it would be extremely difficult to leave because so many of the classes that are mandatory for incoming freshmen do not transfer to other colleges. True to her words when I told the school I wanted to leave, they sent me bill after bill to get my transcript sent, and of course another fee for getting the transcript sent itself. With the little money I made at the college I couldn't get my transcript sent, so after my first paycheck upon coming home, I sent the school a check with a letter that said what the money was for and to send my transcript to my new school. Check clears and after a couple of weeks I meet with an advisor at my new school, I was informed at the meeting that they had not received my transcript and therefore I could not do anything. I called greenville and asked about that, the lady on the phone said that she did not know what the check was for and that they had just cashed it. After an ongoing battle that lasted the entire summe, I finally got some of my transcript sent. True to their words, it was a nightmare to leave, and I'm redoing classes that I did there at my new school because of their confusing methods that I do not care to fight anymore. This school is literally a black hole that will suck the life out of anyone that goes there. Any friends I made there are long gone for similar reasons to my own, the school was, in lack of better words, hell. The school may seem nice at first, but underneath the facade is a very corrupt and nightmarish school. Words cannot describe the pain I and so many others have gone through because of this school. Whoever is reading this I beg you, do not even allow this school on the radar. The school is like a venomous snake, there is no beating it, and if you do, you would still have poison pumping through your veins. It is best to leave it alone at all costs. There is no reason why a student should come to this school I cannot stress it enough. For the love of all that is good, do not allow anyone else to suffer the same fate as me and so many other students that have had to endure this nightmare of a school.

Paige

Greenville is a positive, uplifting, encouraging school that has taught me so much.

My classmates are positive, outgoing, and great soon to be teachers.

I would tell myself to do better on the ACT and make sure to work harder in my dual credit courses that were offered in high school. I would tell myself to quit stressing out about taking the ACT and get a 22 on it. I would then tell myself to make sure I got A's on all my work in the dual credit courses so that it doesn't affect my GPA.

Darryl

my school is love without understanding

my school is love without understanding

Darryl in order to reach those dream that are confined within your head and seemingly UN reachable, you must take small steps and grow to understand the journey and task that are set before you. So unlike most super heroes you just fly straight to the top, which means you must take smaller steps to reach your goal. Those small steps may be completing all homework and turning it in on time or sleeping when given the opportunity. The primary reason for obesity is consumption of valuable time on invaluable things. Whether that is looking at girls on the Instagram or watching television. If you’re supposed to be preparing for tomorrow don’t waste today.

my school has a unique music culture for a christain school. Although it doesn't have hip hop culture it does has a strong base in music such as rock and roll (secular) but also alternitive. which makes it prime for music majors to persue their careers

Greenville College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.