Cambridge, MA
Harvard University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Harvard University

Brooks

Harvard is a place where you can enjoy being yourself. Quite different from Lima Peru where I came from. The university as an nstitution force you involuntarily to learn and grow as a person in many ways. One of the allure of this university is where is located and the events that happened here. I am in my early thirties and I decided not to live on campus, instead I rented a small house in Marlboro a town about thirty minutes away from Cambridge. I am happy to have chosen this university after a long time to put it out and I have a feeling that my future is going to be resolve.

Shinny

I would tell myself to take things easy and plan your future based on what you really desire, rather than being preoccupied with or stuck in the present. In high school, I was always so worried about keeping my attendance, grades, and homework absolutely perfect that I ended up using all my time and eventually, I faced heart-related health issues . I never took the time to relax; I was just so absorbed with deadlines and time limits. These mistakes led me to finish high school early with a GED because of all the pressure I put onto myself. In the end, all those struggles I went through weren't worth it, because I eventually chose to quit instead of going to college the traditional way. Now, if I look back, I wish I could've done things at my own pace and taken the time to learn other things outside of school, like photography or dance, which are things I am passionate about now. Doing your best in school is always a great thing, but make sure to think about whether or not your actions and behavior will be beneficial to your plans and dreams for the future.

That I am unable to access certain facilities on campus as an Extension School student, especially during the summer

I believe the least favorable aspect about my school is that Harvard does not offer on-campus housing during the school year for Harvard Extension School students. This may be inconvenient for me at times, especially when I relocate to Boston temporarily to study during the fall or spring terms.

Hunter

We're all rich nerds who can't socialize. Some of the most social and involved people I've met were at Visitas. We're all very well rounded and for the most part people assume that we all act like we're superior but I don't think that's true at all.

There are so many options for clubs and groups. Boston is lovely and there's plenty to do in Cambridge.

I'm going in for biomedical engineering. It's intimidating that it's mostly make dominated.

Most kids are from Massachusetts, New York, or California. The Midwest is underrepresented. There aren't that many people on full financial aid and it seems like most are well off.

Priscilla

During the first week when you are not sure who to hang out with, introduce yourself to everyone and you will end up finding someone. Trust me. During the nights when you don't have any plans because no one has invited you to do anything, curl up in bed and enjoy a movie. Nights like these will become rare, trust me. During the weekdays when you cannot seem to concentrate, take a break and a breather. You will get through these stressful weeks full of work at every hour, trust me. During the meals you can't find anyone to sit with, pull out a book and eat. Everyone goes through that phase, trust me. During these seemingly dire times that won't seem to end, do not fret because they will end. College holds a plethora of opportunity and you will find your niche to fit in. Although those sad times don't seem like eternity at first, you will find that they will be quickly forgotten. College will open many doors for you, you'll meet all sorts of people and go to all sorts of places. You will have the time of your life, trust me.

The best thing about my school is the ability to have virtually any resource at your fingertips. Even your own roommates and classmates have all achieved so much in their young lives. In addition to constant access to your fellow classmates, professors and faculty members are so accessible that in the instance that you do not understand something, you can ask them and receive clarification right way.

To attend a school like Harvard, or any Ivy League for that matter, it is important that students possess their own motivation to achieve the most that they are able to. As such, students who lack their own drive may not be able to attend a university like this. Students who cannot handle the pressure of constantly being surrounded by achievement and success may find it harder to attend Harvard. College is hard, but the added factor of constant excellence can be daunting.

Katelynn

Harvard University absolutely lives up to the Bostonian colloquailism of being a "hub" of cultural and academic excellence, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have room for improvement in its adminsitrative and social policies.

My classmates are driven, diverse, and friendly, always looking to be supportive and lend a helping hand.

I'd tell my high-school-senior self to be smart, but no, not just "smart" as she currently understands it. Like Wallace Shawn's character in 'The Princess Bride,' I've learned that the word "smart" (like "inconceivable") doesn't necessarily mean what I thought it meant. So I'd tell my high-school-senior self that smart means being attentive to quality over quantity—she doesn't have to be in every club, but instead, can devote herself to excelling in those that matter most to her. She doesn't have to take a leadership position every time one presents itself to be "successful"—she can invest her time meaningfully where it's most needed, where it most benefits those in need, and where there are the most opportunities for learning and growth. She doesn't have to bend over backwards to be the "smartest" according to the numbers, the test scores and the class ranks and the GPAs, so long as she's expanding her own knowledge and selfhood toward the attainment of her future goals through the experiences that she undertakes. "Smart," I'd tell my high-school-senior self, is all about the bigger picture.

Katie

Katie Foster! Study every chance you can! As good as your high school teachers were, they will be nothing compared to the professors ahead. Get involved too. There are so many things you can do, and by being involved you won't get so homesick. If you choose to go far off, take the first month and stay at school. That will also help with feeling homesick. It will take some time to adjust, but if you jump in and join groups it won't end up being so bad.

Having just finished my first semester at Harvard, I can say with great certainty that the highlight of my undergraduate career so far has been the people I have had to opportunity to meet; starting from meeting my roommates on the first day to debating classmates over the rights of the First Amendment, I have enjoyed every moment of my time with them and can say that I have found friends that will last a lifetime.

In addition to the uniquely motivated friends that I have met at Harvard, I have found that the level of support from my friends, staff, and professors have truly made my experience one to remember. Whether it was struggling with tough problem sets or even just looking for someone to have lunch with, my peers have found time to not only look out for one another, but also develop lifelong friendships.

Krishnan

I don't think there is any kind of person that should not attend Harvard. Based on my experiences at the school, there are fields of study and student groups for virtually every type of student. Regardless of one's intended course of study, hobbies, or preferred types of social outings, there are plenty of students with similar interests that will make one's time at Harvard unforgettable and enjoyable.

The best advice I would give to my high school self would be to never be afraid to ask for help. In high school, I prided myself on being independent, tackling every challenge I faced alone. Upon encountering new and more complex challenges in college, however, what I had formerly believed to be a strength quickly turned into my Achilles’ heel. Tasks that I handled deftly before, such as completing problem sets and juggling extracurricular activities, became much more formidable. I soon found myself barely being able to complete these tasks, struggling to maintain the level of competence that I had displayed in the past. However, I viewed asking others for assistance as a sign of weakness, believing that it was a concession that I could not handle my own problems. As a result, I struggled through freshman year. From sophomore year onward, I learned that asking for help was not only necessary, but also created a productive, collaborative environment in which everyone prospered. While I learned my lesson later in college, my largest regret has been that I did not learn this earlier, and I would highly encourage my high school self to get assistance from others whenever necessary.

Ruby

Dear Ruby, I know that senior year is pretty rough, but better times are ahead. Try to focus a little bit less on the past and the future and start thanking God for your many blessings now. Also remember to open your bible a little bit more frequently. I know that a lot of God's word can seem harsh and confusing, but spending more time in it will provide you with a better understanding of His love for you. Maybe with that understanding you'll be able to start the long process of forgiving Marilu and Dad. We forgive because we have been forgiven. Don't you ever forget that. We are forgiven continuously because of his mighty love for us. Hold on tight to His hand. He'll get you over the biggest mountains. Love you, A Wiser You

Harvard University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.