Normal, IL
Heartland Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Heartland Community College

Heartland Community College is a eclectic, intellectual school that allows flexible scheduling to meet everyone's needs.

Learn to just enjoy life, because within a blink of an eye it will all just be a distant memory. That is the advice I would have given myself two years ago during my senior year of high school. I would tell myself that there is such a bigger world out there offering so many opportunities, and that it's really not worth it to stress over the little things in life. I suffered from depression and anxiety, and senior year had been a really low point for me. Knowing what I know now about the realitie of life that I have gained through college experience, I would have told myself to focus on school and not to let anyone every tell you that you're not capable of living out your dreams. I used to live my life for other people, and now I finally am living it for myself. Life has so much to offer, and it's our right to take advantage of that. I would have told myself to be more involved at school, to jump at every opportunity that comes your way, and don't be afraid to let others see who you truly are.

Danielle

Go to the school that you want to go to. Don't be afraid of debt. It will all work itself out in the end.

Only people who have no idea what they want to go into.

It's a great beginer school for those who don't know what they want to do yet. Almost all my teachers were great!

Gregory

As a high school senior I was focused on becoming a full time firefighter/paramedic. I have achieved that goal but looking back I would tell myself to look beyond that. Look and see how much more of a difference you could make as a physician or advanced provider. I was always a good student but I did not take my grades too seriously. I would tell myself to strive for an A in every class. Take the time to study and earn your grade. It will make your life so much easier when you get older. I was very focused and achieved my goal but I am now I feel like I want to advance in medicine. I wish I could of told myself to strive for the top of the field and become a doctor. I would go for that now after all my life experience but I have a child and one more on the way and they are more important to me then becoming a physician. I would miss out on their life and to me it is not worth it. Thank you Gregory Fisher

There is nothing bad about Heartland.

Anyone who is looking to go back to school or someone who needs to get general education credits out of the way.

Kristen

Heartland Community College is best known for the qualitiy of education they offer, even though the school is a two year college. Their moto is "Get the Edge", which to me means that Heartland Community College wants to help their students through their first few years at college and help their students plan for their future transfer to a four year school. They are also known for their high amount of students that do go on to four year schools.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to "keep trying!" I would tell myself that "I know you have worked so hard to just be an averagestudent, but trust me, you find out your best qualities in college. You will learn to become independant and responsible, and you will actually get on the deans list for get a 4.0 gpa, twice! I know that sounds crazy because you are only getting B's and C's right now, but you will learn how to study in a way that you understand the material you are learning about. Also, life gets easier! I know that you have been through a lot these last few years, with moving after Katrina and dealing with the loss of two of your family members in the same year, but I promise, you become a much happier and stronger person because of everything you have been through! Don't give up!" I would tell myself this, but I would just pray that I would actually listen to myself.

The best thing about Heartland Community College is that the school gives you the ability to take your general education classes in a smaller enviroment. It gives the students the best ability to learn the material and for their professor to be avaiable to help you with any problems they may have in the class. The professors knows you as a person and not just as a number. Also, students are able to enteract with each other at a much more comfortable level because there are fewer students in the class.

Casey

I would tell myself to stay focused and remember what Grandpa always said, "You can do anything in life, and don't let anyone tell you can't . All goals are obtainable, it just depends on how high you want to reach." As a returning college student, I understand the importance of finishing college and obtaining a degree. I would also tell my Highschool Self that it is ok not to know exactly what to do with life, and that it is ok to go back to school later and learn a new career. I left school in 2001 to become a wife and mom. I eventually became a Police Officer. After my partner was killed in the line of duty, I worked for only two more years as an officer before the dangers of the job weighed too heavily for me to continue as a single mom. I have since worked sales related positions, and have been unhappy with those jobs. I want to help others have a better life. My current dream is to become a Radiation Therapist and work for a Children's Cancer Hospital such as St Jude's.

Students who would like to stay close to home and prepare to transfer to a 4-year university with their basic core classes, or someone who is looking to receive an Associates in one of the Applied Science Programs. The school is great for students of all backgrounds and they seem to meld well together within the classroom.

Molly

If I could go back in time and have a conversation with myself when I was a high school senior I would tellmyself to head directly towards a goal. Pick the field of study that interests you the most and take classes that are directed towards that major. Even if you cannot decided on a single area of interest, just pick one that you think you will really enjoy and go for it! It is better to have a direction to be heading in rather than have no sense of direction at all. If you discover that the direction you were heading in is the wrong direction just be optimistic and realize that if you did not take this route then you would have never known that it was the wrong one.

I think that the best thing about my school is the small number of students in the classrooms. Having a small number of students in each class makes it easy to concentrate on learning and ask for help from peers. It is much easier for a small number of students to get along rather than a larger group. Therefore, the learning environment becomes greatly enriched and enjoyable to be in.

Before I starting attending Heartland Community College, I wish that I would have had a better idea of what I wanted to study. I feel as though I did not plan out my courses very wisely. Within the past 5 months I decided on a major, but before that I was just taking classes that I thought would lead me in the right direction. They most definately did not lead me in the wrong direction, but I feel that If I would have chosen a major a year ago then I could have taken classes directed towards that major.

Tanya

Heartland Community College is a small, local and personal college that has small class sizes.

My classmates are very diverse.

If I could go back to when I was a senior in High School I would tell myself to keep going. When I first graduated from high school I went to a local community college for one semester then took off a year and a half because of finanical issues and I was unsure of what I wanted to do. I would tell myself to keep going and get all of my general education classes out of the way first then I could decide what I wanted to major in if I was still unsure. I would tell myself to keep going and also to work hard. Some people may think that college is a time to party and have fun, but I believe that it is the begining to the rest of your live. In college you prepare for your carreer.

Anthony

I would tell myself to not get distracted so much and to get involved in more activites. I would also tell myself to spend more time deciding on a school and to go to community college for the first 2 years because I spent alot of money learning how to be a college student instead of just being one.

My classmates were helpful and Kind.

My classmates were helpful and Kind.

I would have told myself to go straight to college and not to wait a year. As a senior transitioning to college you need to take it serious and attend classes on a regular bases. College is important and can take you places and you don't want to miss the opportunities of college.

I am a mother of three and needed a school that would offer me evening classes. Not only was I able to take most of my general classes in the evening but I felt relaxed in a college setting. Heartland offers a positive enviroment for all and I was able to pay for it by my self. Heartland also offers a variety of degrees and the options are endless.

Kelsey

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, I would give myself alot of advice. First and most importantly I would say that college is not all about the so called "party" atmosphere as many claim it to be. It is a crucial part in your life that needs to be taken seriously. This is because once your mess up or fail a class for example, you don't have your parents behind you telling you every step you should take. College is basically put on the student and that is it. Secondly, I would tell myself to work hard during high school and save money for college. It is surely not cheap and sometimes you are left with seldom resources to help you financially. Lastly, I would tell myself is to put every ounce energy of effort into all of my studies. Finish all of your degrees when you are young, so you will have a lifetime of opportunites to succeed in.

The best thing about HCC is that you have a lot of interaction your instructors and classmates.

Heartland Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.