Heartland Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Heartland Community College

Chevy

Heartland is a great way to start your career path. The classes are small and easy to find. It’s the perfect size to start college. Some students can be scared to go to college at first like I was because I started going to Heartland as a junior in high school because of the dual enrollment that I took apart of. Even as a junior, Heartland was welcoming and I felt accepted even though I was so young. Heartland was a perfect choice for me and I’m glad I will be continuing to go to Heartland to play softball in the fall of 2018.

Chevy

Meagan

Heartland is the most unorganized, most unhelpful , most rude employees working in their office. I have attended this school for about 3 years and they don’t make it easy. They lose my information like my transcripts, or financial information it almost seems every year. They advisors tell you false information so they can get more money for the college. You’re better off using google to figure out what to do next semester. On top of that when you go in to figure out what the hell is going on their staff is rude. I can understand trying to keep tack of a ton of students but it happens ALL THE TIME. The campus is nice, and the class sizes are great. I have had no issues with teachers, but the offices are a mess.

Overall, I really enjoy the atmosphere at Heartland. The classes are smaller and you get to know your professors. The buildings are newer and very clean. Also, there are some great organizations where students can get involved and hold office. I am an officer in two clubs, one being the International Students Association at Heartland where I have met students from over ten different countries. I never thought a small school like Heartland would be able to expose me to so many different cultures and people. The flexible schedule is also nice and I appreciate the freedom of college compared to high-school. I have been able to be a leader in and outside the classroom because of the smaller student population size and the wonderful people I get to work with in my groups. I think starting at a two-year school is a nice option because of the lower cost and a lot of times you can have credits transfer from high-school. I will finish at Heartland in three semesters, leaving a semester open to hopefully partake in the Disney College Program.

Esperanza

The staff is so sweet and helpful! Any questions I have they are always willing to find an answer for me. I love that they offer sports and have a gym for students use. The class sizes are great! They aren't too big and they aren't too small. The fact that Heartland offers online classes at such an ease is amazing for full time workers. All I can say is that I really love this college!

Cody

Heartland may be a small community college but it has all of its priorities in tact. This place is made for learning and I am very glad I made the decision to go there. The learning environment is very positive and accepting. My class sizes tend to small but that gives me a better opportunity to learn. For the most part all the professors I've had have been more than helpful. I would recommend Heartland to all of my friends. The campus is very well kept and all of the facility is in top condition.

Christian

Heartland is a great place to explore and discover your interests. After attending HCC I felt prepared to take the next step in continuing my education. The teachers are very approachable, and willing to help. Definitely recommend attending HCC especially if you are unsure of your major. Even if you know your major focus, there isn't much of a difference between the first two years at a 4-year university and a community college.

beverly

My overall feelings of the school is below average. Classes may not be available when needed and limited time available. If there is a conflict with an instructor, the school appears to be concerned but ultimately will side with the instructor and say the issue is resolved. Never given a tour of the school and given an advisor. You pretty much need to do it all yourself.

Kailey

I think it is a perfect place to continue your education after high school or come back after being out of school for a while. You save money and get a quality education by coming to HCC. There is a small student to professor ratio which I like for extra help. And overall it is a beautiful campus!

Kailey

My overall opinon of Heartland Community College is one of satisfaction. My class sizes are smaller and we participate in more conversations. My professors are easy to talk to and spend time in class engaging with students about the topics and how we can relate them to our life. The administration cares about our success and is available to help me whenever I walk in the offices. I do not like how strict the attendance policy is on all my classes. The stress it puts on me if I get sick or have to go to work is insane and I prefer having flexible teachers and staff. My grade will reflect what I know. My attendance does not.

Cole

Great!

Mechele

I haven't been part of the Heartland student body for long but I do have to say that they have been absolutely wonderful so far. Coming from a very low income home they have been very helpful in pointing in the right direction in helping get ready to get back into school after 8 years away. The wonderful people of Heartland are beyond great!