Philadelphia, PA
Holy Family University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Holy Family University

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself to get keep getting A's because they are going to be hard to get while your in college. I would also say that I made a good choice on what college I picked to go too, that even though its going to be tough in the future its not going to be impossble. What fun would college be without a challenge? I would also tell myself that its not as scary as teachers make it sound, the friends you make, are friends you will have for a lifetime. It will be the best time of your life.

There isn't anything I can that is bad here at Holy Family, the grading system is hard, but not impossible.

Any kind of person can attend Holy Family. I came here and I was shy, but the people I met here are just like my family. Everyone here, students and the staff are welcoming. There are many differen't types of majors to pick from; many of the popular ones are business, nursing and education. Any person who wants to come here will be able to connect with their professor because the classes are small.

Jeana

The success rate of the graduates entering their field.

The success rate of the graduates entering their field.

I would go back and tell the high school senior me to don't fool around and goof off as much as I did back then. To really throw myself into my studies and actually apply myself to take college seriously. Not to put an extreme amount of pressure on myself though, as some people might advise. To stay focused but not to stress out completely because that would just put me on the other side of the rope and turn my back on school if I felt too overwhelmed. But most of all do not lose focus and get off track of furthering my education.

Amelia

Amelia,I know what you think when you hear “community college”. You picture the thirteenth grade. You see yourself surrounded by lazy teenagers. You think homework will involve filling out multiplication tables and annotating Dr. Seuss. No way are you going to community college, right? You’re going to get a quality education, with a gilded diploma to prove it. You’re not, however, thinking of the cost of this diploma.You’re going to go to community college, and you’re going to love it. Your classes are going to be challenging. You’ll sit by twenty-one year old mothers who inspire you with their determination. You’ll learn biology is actually kind of interesting. You’ll make the Dean’s list. You’ll learn, you’ll grow, you’ll thrive, and two years later, after you’ve worked harder than you ever have in your life, you’ll apply for your dream school and get in. So don’t frown at that tiny little campus down the street. It is on that campus where you figure out what your dreams are. It’s where you discover who you’re meant to be. Good luck. Amelia

Laura

Very accepting, helping and supportive students. who help everyone to make the best out of their time at Holy Family.

As an international student, the sports facilities and the small class sizes are the things I appriciate the most about this school. The students get the opportunity to work closesly with the Professors in a familiar environment, to achieve the best results they can. Having classes with sometimes only 5-6 students gives us time for one-on-one converstions and really make our experience authentic. As an athlete I need to balance both sports and school works; the support I receive from the athletic staff makes this easy. Here students are encouraged to do their best in every field.

I would tell myself that everyone else is just as lost as you are. I set too high of expectations on myself to be able to transition with no problem to the college atmosphere and the difficult grading scale, but in reality it's not that easy. I thought I was the only one who was having a difficult time adjusting, but once I started to make friends in my classes, I found that they were facing some of the same troubles that I was. So the advice I would give myself and anyone else just starting college, is to not put so much pressure on yourself.

The kind of person that should attend this school would be someone who does well in a small classroom setting and likes the idea of a small, low-key campus and college community.

Angela

I would tell myself to not doubt myself and being in school for longer is not necessarily a bad thing. I went into college wanting to be a teacher. In 4 years I would be out and have all my holidays and summers off. Now I am in health care and have been in school almost as long as a doctor would be, with the same debt but not the same future income. I doubted myself that I could work in the hospital envitronment and deal with the compotition in health care. I was picked out a lot of students for a 22 spot program to complete my degree in radiology. I did it. If I would have followed my dream in the first place I would be out of school, with less debt, and starting the rest of my life. Follow your dreams and doubt yourself! Everything will work out with hard work and dedication.

I wish I would have known exactly what I wanted to do. I started in education and turned out I did not really like that field. I switched my field to radiology and now I am suffering the consiquences of a lot of loans and possibly more to finish my last year. This school os private, and very expensive. Its a small college, sometimes it doesnt even feel like a college environment. I like that feeling, but at the same time, im paying more for a college experiance I am not getting.

The most frustrating thing about Holy Family is it is very expensive. They do help most with scholarships but if you continue after 4 years, they pretty much leave tou hanging to figure out money on your own. For someone not working and living in a lower middle class home with a disabled parent and other siblings, continuing education here gets very difficult.

Amber

I would tell myself to take everything one step at a time. When I entered college, I wanted to get the "full experience" so I jumped into everything all at once. I picked a major just to be declared, tryed out for sports teams, got a work study job, all of which left me stressed out and unhappy. If I could go back in time, I would definitely tell myself to begin as an undeclared major and explore my options before jumping in. I would also tell myself to try and ween myself from teenage life to adult life before college begins so that I wouldn't be thrown into the finances and the extreme differences between college and high school. This could be done by doing research on financial aid and financial options and getting in touch with current college students and asking how they helped themselves transtion from high school to college.

It is a well known, highly accredited university which helps graduates have an advantage among other applicants when applying for jobs.

Romona

I would of told myself that I need to practice discipline. I think I am harder on myself than anyone could be. I believe discipline is necessary to reach the goals or dreams you have in mind and not just talking about where you want to be or do but actually doing it. Also, being extraverted and comfortable at networking and talking to people is very important.

That it would cost me thousands of dollars per semester causing me to work two full time jobs while still going to school full time

The professors are always willing to help and provide all the necessary tools.

Maria

Senior year of high school is an exciting time because as one chapter is coming to an end, another exciting chapter of college life is just about to be opened. Advice I would give myself would be to focus primarily on academics the first months of college. Joining school activites and such is a great way to make friends, but it is necessary to focus on academics and getting into the flow of school. It is also beneficial to pace myself and not cram for a test hours before because nothing is learned by cramming. By pacing and prioritizing, work can be completed little by little each day so that I am not overwhelmed. It is important to not focus on how many friends I have and what social activites to join, but to focus on academics and start my Holy Family career on the right path.

Holy Family University is a friendly campus filled with students who are motivated and strong willed as well as staff members who envison and encourage their students to succeed. Attendees of Holy Family would be best suited to be outgoing, extroverted as well as determined. Due to the smaller size classrooms, extroverted students would stand out and have their voice heard in the classroom.

RAECHEL

If I had to turned back time I would have went to Holy Famiy Unversity first instead of wasting 2 years at Bucks Community College to get my Associates degree first. It wasted much valuable time and I could have been done school and have started my career in Art Thearpy.

I love the fact that people are very friendly and willing to help other students with there class work. Alot of students studied with one another and ask each other questions so that when it comes to test time they know the material. I have meet alot of people on this campus and that I consider my friends for life.

Holy Family University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.