Holyoke, MA
Holyoke Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Holyoke Community College

Darryll

I would tell myself that grades are not just letters, they determine your future, and what options you have. I would tell myself not to give up or get discouraged, that I should try and put as much effort into school as I possibly can. I would also tell myself to visit colleges and make sure that I knew what all of my options were before choosing. I would have told myself that the social scene in high school is only temporary, that once your in college things will be different, to focus more on school work, because the social scene won't follow you after graduation, but your GPA will.

Someone who wants to save money, and commute, and wants to further their education. Holyoke Community College serves the needs of many diverse students, and accepts everyone. It is a great place to either figure out your future, or to get help you get their.

Sara

My classmates come from all walks of life, reside throughout various parts of Western Massachusetts, are open with no holds bared (for the most part), and know how to have fun while being serious about the topic at hand.

First of all, I would tell myself that everyone needs some time management training before entering college. There is no way around it and even if you think you are prepared, you are not. Along those lines, remember to pace yourself. Do not leave everything till the last minute nor take on too many classes, activities, jobs, etc. Overdoing things can really hamper your grades and life in general, though you do not want to do too little because you will not be prepared when you graduate college. Additionally, in college the teachers will help you if necessary but it is the responsibility of the student to let them know if there is trouble with something, just as doing the work and showing up to class is the student's responsibility. If you do not have any drive to be in school then you will not succeed because too much responsibility is placed on yourself, and essentially you will be wasting your money. You do not need to know what you want to do with your life (a lot of students do not know either and some that do will change their major later on), however you do need drive.

I wish that I had know that people would finally realize that the economy is failing because that increased enrollment by 20% and made parking and classes a little more crowded. The crowds, while being good for the school, are not always good for the students for it means less one on one time with teachers, though HCC seems to be managing it fairly well. Also, I wish I had learned time management skills because you really need to stay on top of everything for you never know what will happen, beyond that I admit I'm a procrastinator.

Jacob

The school is an excellent school, based on education, the cost, the student body, the facility, and the whole atmosphere, everything about the school is good and the school should not be looked down on since it is a Community College, although the education is just as good as some state universities.

I would have to say that college is the best experience I have went through yet in life, although I have made some bad decisions while in college. The decisions I made were not the best and hurt me in the long run, the attitude I had when I entered college, was that it was much easier than high school, and I could attend class when I wanted. Well, I was all wrong, and learnt the hard way. I had to pick up the pieces and work twice as hard in order to pick up my GPA, grades, and my great reputation that I once had. You have to work hard in order to make it through college and follow what major you want. Do not be scared to change majors, if you do not feel the current one is right, then move onto something you like more.

This school is an excellent choice for those whom are not certain on which major to pursue, or those whom work a full time job, and want to attend college part-time or at night. I also have to say this school is great for those who can not spend the large amounts of money that state universities cost, and the education is very well for the cost.

Ellen

It has a really big campus and you don't feel crowded like other campuses

It has a really big campus and you don't feel crowded like other campuses

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior I would tell myself to not be so focused on people trying to bring you down or thinking you will never go anywhere. I would tell myself to focus on school and study a lot because there will be a lot of that in college. I would say to always believe in yourself no matter what anyone tells you. If you have a dream then you need to make it happen no matter what. If there is something you are passionate about, work hard, go through with it and you'll be very happy with the outcome. Never hold back because people are trying to bring you down. You need to rise above that and trust your insticts because you know yourself better than anyone else. You need to strive for success. Never live your life for someone else, live it for yourself. Do what it is you want to do and what you want out of life, not what someone else wants you to do. In May I will recieve my Associates in Visual Art. I proved everyone wrong who never believed in me.

The people are very friendly. It makes the experience more pleasant when people are nice.

Kristen

My classmates are a diverse intellegent group of young motivated men and women moving in the direction towards success.

My school is best known for its diversity and skilled staff.

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to always take as many challenging courses as possible, to contunuesly work hard because it is always worth it in the end. I would also tell myself to do certain things for myself becuase you can not please everyone, and that it is important to do the things that make you happy. I would just tell myself that there is always a reason why your teacher is telling you something that you think is not important at the time. The most important thing you can do is to always work hard and to do things to the best of your ability.

Aaron

Aaron. In 8 years you're going to wish that you had known this. It would make things a lot easier in the future. 1) STUDY. Those grades will make it easier for you to get a better degree (aka more money). 2) PUT THE ALCOHOL DOWN AND SAVE YOUR MONEY. You'll want that money for more exciting things to happen in Hollywood. 3) BE NICE TO YOUR FAMILY. There will be times in the future where you will need their help. Although they love you, you don't show it as much. 4) BE THANKFUL. You'll meet and lose a couple friends along your way. Life IS short, don't take them for granted. 5) TRY. Depression is a horrible thing. But if that energy spent reflecting could be directed towards something else, hard telling what you can do! A lot of your mistakes, misfortune and overall lessons learned are normal. Don't let them get to you too much. You only live once (as far as we know).... enjoy it. Be.... Happy. Oh, and hey. You'll meet a girl in MN. Be nice to her. Trust me. You'll regret it otherwise.

Holyoke Community College is a terrifc school for everybody. Every one that I have met: students or teachers have been extremley helpful. The keyword here is, 'Community' and the college truly acts like one. I mentioned earlier that the college is a commuter school. This is great for those who work and are able to get a good education at the same time. The school is also very affordable!

If I was to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would first tell myself to take the time to really think about what type of career to go into. With so many different career paths it can be difficult to choose just one! Keep in mind that one can minor in a subject. For example one can minor in Spanish and major in Communications. It makes sense to minor in a subject that can be helpful for your major. Secondly, I would tell myself to do some research on student loans and how to apply for scholarships. Trying to get financial aid, a student loan, or a scholarship can be very difficult, so do not be afraid to ask questions! Use your resources, go online, use the telephone, talk to diffent professors. Remember to not rush through college, and focus as much as you can on school, four years will go by fast! I would also tell myself to not forget about Study abroad, Internships, and Graduate school. And lastly, don't forget to have fun!

Holyoke Community College is a commuter school. Therefore for those that work this is a great school to go to; a lot of people go to classes during theier break from work. The size of the school is relatively small which is good for those who like smaller schools. It is easy to find your classes.

My school is the school you would wanna go to because the cost, its the cheapest of surrounding schools.

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would of wished i did better in school. I wish I would of studied harder. I wished I had saved up money because even though Holyoke Community is the cheapest college around I barely make it from semester with tution and book fees.

The most frustrating thing about my school is probably students who dont take class seriously and fool around. The tend to talk alot as if they really dont care. Other than that there really is not anything frustrating.

Holyoke Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.